Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HELLO!!!!!!!!!!
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

Ok....so I really rather this board over our page on FB.....sooooo...I'm gonna post here!

Let's see...what's up with us? Thomas started 1st grade on Friday!!! Andrew goes to MDO 2 days a week now, one with my friend in her home and 1 at our church. At first I felt guilty about the 2nd day, because Thomas only went 1 day till 3 years old, but you know what....it's cheaper than therapy or prescription anxiety medication! I just need that time to regroup myself/the house....it's definitely necessary for me. He did great today with my friend, he even napped on a mat for 2 hrs! I did NOT think he would nap on that mat but he did, with no problem!!

Other than that we've been busy with home projects, garage cabinets, sprucing up Thomas' room, purging purging and more purging/organizing! Looking forward to cooler weather, this 115 heat index is horrible!

Sooooo....what else is up??

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Wow... I thought we started school early. Ashley starts on Tuesday.

Sounds like you have been busy! You can come here and purge some of our stuff if you want. LOL

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
msoulz
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,158

Wow ... Wow!! My kids do not start school until September!! And I am looking forward to it, as I will have my MARY time again ... I love those little rascals more than life itself, but I really need time - although I haven't tried any anxiety meds .... that is likely in the future!!

Erin goes to kindergarten this year ... again! smile.gif Jake is off to 7th grade. OH, my babies are growing up ...

We just had our house re-done with new vinyl siding. It went from old gray to new tan. Looks so great. Now we can landscape and replace the deck that had to be torn down ... probably next year. smile.gif

I like Facebook convenience but also like this format much better. It is easier to read. But the times, they are a changin' everywhere.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

We started school today, Alyssa started 2nd grade and we L O V E her teacher I have known her most of my life (we go to the same church) and she was Autumn's sunday school teacher in the two year old room.

Autumn got her first hair cut yesterday wub.gif bawling.gif

I start teaching mission friends a week from tomorrow it's a 3-5 year old class where we teach them about missionaries around the world, learn a bible verse and do a craft that helps us learn our bible verse and about our missionary that week. I'm pretty excited and nervous!

I definitely know what you mean about the heat index Naomi.. its been around 110 - 115 here as well... which is MISERABLE and seriously if my hair gets any frizzier I'm gonna completely give up!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE p90x

We need to livin' this place up!!! Remember when we use to talk about meeting up?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

MDO sounds heavenly to me ~ we've never done that but I kind of wish we had. It would have helped my sanity a lot! I don't know why I've never thought of it. wacko.gif

We're going to homeschool again this year. Scott has to start going to the school every day starting on the 29th, and school starts the day after labor day, so I'll start school with Andrew then. I'm planning on doing a couple pre-school books with Allie again too. I haven't even gone online to look for Andrew's books yet- I should probably do that soon. tongue.gif I'm also going to join a local homeschool group, something I'm a little nervous about because the thought of going out and meeting a bunch of new people and having to interact with them makes me want to barf. rolling_smile.gif But I'm hoping that it will give the kids a lot of opportunities to be with other kids so maybe they won't end up with my social anxiety problems... plus there are activities for them to get involved in and some sports through the group - both kids will be in soccer this fall.

We've been keeping busy trying to get our house organized, plus we've made 3 trips back to my parents house so that Dh could help my dad re-shingle his roof. They have a big old farmhouse with a scary steep roof, and they're only about half done. We're hoping to make one more trip back before school starts, and then my dad will be on his own except for when my nephew can help him on the weekends. We're also going on our annual group camping trip with our friends this weekend, so the kids are pretty excited about that. smile.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mckayleesmom
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 09:19 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

Lets see....we are now living in California on Fort Irwin. Its really isolated, but so far I like it alot. Mckaylee started 3rd grade last Thursday and Russell is now in 1st grade. They go to 2 seperate schools which I don't care for. Leithan is no longer an Army recruiter...he is back infantry. We are all healthy and doing well...just getting the new house put together..

We need a trip to Las Vegas ladies... wink.gif

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

For those amazed we're in school already, we got out May 20th....and then they added a 3rd week of Christmas break (which I'm totally against, I'd rather the extra 5 days in the spring), so we've been out a while.

Dee Dee - seriously, if you lived closer I so would come help you! I love purging and organizing....I could do more here if DH wouldn't have a hissy fit! I wish I could get paid to help people do it.....but I don't know if people would actually want to pay me! haha

Mary - I bet it feels like a new house!! Seems like it's the year of home improvements! Tons of people I know are doing that this year. My dad just painted, completely re-did his landscaping and added a garage door to their carport.

Jessi - seriously....you LOVE p90x? I know one other person who loves it and I think she's crazy besides that....I don't want to think you are crazy too! LOL How was your break from FB? Or are you still on it? I've scaled back my postings but I still look daily.

Sara - I have major admiration for Mama's that can homeschool.....hats off to you sister! Just thinking about doing it sends me into a panic attack....guess you either can or you can't and I certainly cannot!

Bri - I didn't realize y'all were in Cali. Sounds nice!! I would LOVE a trip to Vegas!!!!!!! Oh man that would be EPIC! (Haha, I hate that word!)

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ Aug 10 2011, 09:51 AM)
Dee Dee - seriously, if you lived closer I so would come help you! I love purging and organizing....I could do more here if DH wouldn't have a hissy fit! I wish I could get paid to help people do it.....but I don't know if people would actually want to pay me! haha

I sooooo would pay you! smile.gif It seems like I am always organizing but am never happy with the way it is organized. I need someone with experience to come and organize my house for me. smile.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ Aug 10 2011, 08:51 AM)
For those amazed we're in school already, we got out May 20th....and then they added a 3rd week of Christmas break (which I'm totally against, I'd rather the extra 5 days in the spring), so we've been out a while.

Jessi - seriously....you LOVE p90x?  I know one other person who loves it and I think she's crazy besides that....I don't want to think you are crazy too!  LOL  How was your break from FB?  Or are you still on it?  I've scaled back my postings but I still look daily.

We got out on the 26... i can't imagine having school during June that would be TORTURE for us! I think we are actually getting out a couple days earlier this year since we wont have a WHOLE week at thanksgiving, that was NOT fun!

Oh yes I LOVE P90x its AMAZING! But remember I was a dancer and that is MUCH harder than p90x.

This post has been edited by A&A'smommy on Aug 10 2011, 09:56 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Aug 10 2011, 12:19 AM)
Lets see....we are now living in California on Fort Irwin. Its really isolated, but so far I like it alot. Mckaylee started 3rd grade last Thursday and Russell is now in 1st grade. They go to 2 seperate schools which I don't care for. Leithan is no longer an Army recruiter...he is back infantry. We are all healthy and doing well...just getting the new house put together..

We need a trip to Las Vegas ladies... wink.gif

Bri, when did ya'll move to cali? I bet its gorgeous there!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Sounds like everyone is busy biggrin.gif

Kylie and Megan start school August 22. Kylie will be in 3rd and Megan in 1st. I'm scared about Megan going into 1st more so than I was when she started kindy. I truly hope we have a HEALTHIER school year this year, as last school year was too traumatic for me. sleep.gif

We've been camping as much as we can all summer long. We are going again on Friday for a float trip with the kids. Ryan is completely nervous about tubing with the kids, but for once I'm not. happy.gif So it's odd, we are usually opposite on things like this. We'll come back Tuesday night. We talked some friends into coming down for a day and rafting with us because when we camped with them a few weeks ago I spent a good majority of one day at the ER. So needless to say we didn't get a lot of time together. tongue.gif

Kylie is having an early birthday camp trip next weekend, but luckily it's close to home, since we'll only be home 2 days from the float trip before this one. We hope to go camping several more times before Halloween. biggrin.gif

Otherwise, nothing going on with us. I'm not ready for all the sports and activities to start back up, that's for sure. I've been enjoying this time off from them. Kylie starts back up on piano September 8 and I convinced her to wait until winter to start soccer. tongue.gif I also convinced Megan to wait until winter before starting swim lessons again. I'm trying not to put as much on our plate this year like we did last year. I broke, I tell you. I broke with all that running. tongue.gif

Ryan got a motorcycle a few months ago and him and I have been enjoying it to its fullest. We haven't had one since we were 17, so it's nice to get back on and ride. I'm thinking about getting my license and learn to ride as soon as things slow down.

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Aug 10 2011, 10:56 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ Aug 10 2011, 08:51 AM)
Sara - I have major admiration for Mama's that can homeschool.....hats off to you sister!  Just thinking about doing it sends me into a panic attack....guess you either can or you can't and I certainly cannot!

Well lets just say we're trying it again this year and we'll see about next year. tongue.gif I don't enjoy teaching and I don't think I'm very good at it. I'm kind of hoping that it will go better now that we're back in our own house - I'm thinking that maybe with all the stress of living with my mom homeschooling was just one more thing and maybe that's why it was so stressful. Or maybe I'm just not cut out for it. We'll see. laugh.gif Andrew did great and I guess as long as it's working and he's learning I'll stick it out. I'd kind of like to hang in there until 5th grade when he could go to school right in town if he went to public... we live in a small rural town so the school district is split between us and another town 10 miles away, the elementary school there and the high and junior high school here.

3 weeks at Christmas is a lot! I think I'd rather have the time in the spring too. School here starts the day after labor day and ends the first week of June. Getting out in May sounds nice but I don't think I'd like the earlier start date much... it feels to me like summer is just getting started. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ~Roo'sMama~ on Aug 10 2011, 05:44 PM

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Aug 11 2011, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

We don't start until Sept 1st either.

Tanner is going into 4th. He's excited about his teacher that he'll have. On his school supply list was a flash drive. A FLASH DRIVE, people!!! Ugh...things sure are different these days.

Aiden is starting preschool. bawling.gif Our school system offers preschool through a bunch of host sites...one being a private Christian school, which we got him into (or FREE). He is SO excited...I am not. At first I wasn't going to send him, as we don't have the extra $$$, but when I found out about this opportunity, I gobbled up the chance for him. *sigh* I'm sending my baby away...and I'm sad about it. sad.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0138 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]