Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Lost child in a store.
Nina J
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,398

I went shopping (alone for once happy.gif ) and was in Target. I was looking at clothing and could hear a kid crying, it was quite busy in the store. I looked over quickly and saw a little boy standing there crying, I assumed someone was with him but I couldn't see them. He kept crying and started calling for his mother.

I looked again and realised he was obviously lost. He was crying pretty loudly now and I kept my eye on him, waiting to see if his mother found him. After about 10 or 20 seconds, I realised that his mother wasn't around...a whole bunch of people were looking at him as they walked closer, I kept thinking 'That must be her!' but nope...they walked past.

So I went up and asked if he was okay and he told me he couldn't find his mama, I asked her name and what she looked like and said we should go to the service desk and they can call his mama over, or we might find her on the way there. We found her on the way, she was frantic and thanked me so much.

But honestly, it troubles me a little. The store was busy that day, and in the short amount of time between me realising he was lost and speaking to him, a whole bunch of people walked past and no one stopped. This child was really, really upset, alone in an aisle and calling out for his mama. If that was my child, I would hope someone nice stopped and helped. I am surprised no one did. There was even a worker not too far away, they must've heard him but they didn't do anything.

What would you do? Walk past or help?

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I would have done what you did..wait a bit..then go help. (would have gone to the work associate as well since they have walkie talkies.)
I hate that situation..I got lost as a kid and the feeling of being alone and scared still makes my stomach turn. it really did traumatize me. sleep.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

totally what you did. Down to the letter.

It really amazes me how oblivious people can be, or how unwilling to step in they are. I found a toddler, to young to speak walking by him self along a very busy street a few years back, 2 lanes to the east and 2 lanes to the west with a turning lane, its 45 MPH through there.
There were cars everywhere, and no one stopped. I went around the block when I noticed he didn't have an adult with him and came back, watched, for a few seconds and jumped out of the car to grab him. I had him for a full 15 minutes before his mom ( I assume It was his mom) DROVE up to us. She grabbed him, started yelling at him and didn't say a word to me. unsure.gif I was very nearly ready to call 911 just as she pulled up. I have no idea how far she came from. Didn't look familiar to me at all, and this was in my neighborhood.

Good for you for stepping in. thumb.gif
PM

jcc64
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

What you did, all the way. Once a mom, always a mom.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Exactly what you did.

I tell my kids if they are ever lost they are to look for a mom with kids to help them. Who else would drop everything and help?

Well done!! thumb.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jun 7 2011, 03:16 PM)
What you did, all the way. Once a mom, always a mom.

thumb.gif And have done it before!

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 7 2011, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (msoulz @ Jun 7 2011, 04:31 PM)
I tell my kids if they are ever lost they are to look for a mom with kids to help them. Who else would drop everything and help?

thumb.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 02:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

sad.gif That breaks my heart. I would hope if that was one of my kiddos someone would have helped also. I most certainly would have. How terrible.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Grace
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,424

Never walk past!

Alway stop, pick up the child, and tell them we will find Mummy or Daddy. You can stand at the spot where you find the child and usually the parent turns up, or if the child can talk get her name and ask a Target associate to make an announcement that (whatever the child's name) is lost looking for his mother.

With so many child molesters out here, it is better to make sure that child is safe.

It takes all of us to protect our children!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0260 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]