Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> insane!
kimberley
  Posted: Mar 5 2010, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

so the midwife was discussing hospital procedure at my last appt and went over the vitamin k shot and eye antibiotics they give the baby after birth. i told her that we didn't do the eye antibiotics for the last 2 babies since i am quite sure i don't have gonnorhea (sp?) and it isn't necessary.

she told me that the hospital policy (not the midwives) is to make me sign a waiver and then take the waiver straight to children's aid and file a neglect claim ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif she also said that though the midwives have hospital privileges, the nurses/docs have a habit of "losing" midwife patient files so she emphatically told me not to give my chart to anyone who is not a midwife.

i am disgusted. i am seriously rethinking the hospital birth. i was only doing it because the first homebirth made dh nervous and i am a bit older so i have some concerns about complications, though i have no history to worry. the midwife gave me all the supplies for a homebirth "just in case" so maybe i will just wait too long.
*sigh* why must birth be so complicated???

thanks for listening. just had to vent. blush.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

ohmy.gif That's a bit harsh! I don't know what to say. I've only had hospital births, everything went really well. Except Claudia was delievered by the nurses. I think that if the last home birth went really well, you should try to do it again.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Mar 5 2010, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

seriously?! that is so dumb.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

CantWait
Posted: Mar 6 2010, 01:50 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

OH MY huh.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 6 2010, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I would call the hospital and ask them specifically about the policy, then I would call Childrens aid and ask them about it. It may just be that they keep it on record that you refused it, Maybe it doesn't mean that they are going to send an army of people out to investigate you?
You should have the right to refuse medical care. Its a legal right.
I do see how the hospitals have to cover their own butts tho, esp. in this society.

Personally home births scare the bejeebies out of me, but thats just because of some of the really bad stuff I learned about in school and saw in the hospitals. I never got to see all the wonderful easy normal deliveries.
PM
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Mar 6 2010, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

If that it is true, it sounds like the drs. and nurses are irritated that "anyone" can be a midwife... that she didn't have to go through years of schooling like they did, so how could she possibly know anything. Kind of like how a lot of teachers feel towards homeschooling parents.
I think maybe you should talk to DH about the home birth idea again. If your local hospital is like that, maybe I'd try it on my own first.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

It would be nice to try home birth BUT i cant. I have to be in the hospital. My blood pressure always climbs to a dangerously high and I seem to hemorage more with each additional child and with breanna I almost died:( Not at birth but a week later i hemoraged 2 litres of blood. BUT i did bleed alot more at birth with breanna then i did with jenna so i always plan for a stay of at east 2 days:(

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 8 2010, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I'd definitely follow up with the hospital as to what their policy is. I can understand that they want you to sign a waiver to protect themselves, but filing a neglect claim is ridiculous!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
kimberley
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (mummy2girls @ Mar 8 2010, 11:03 AM)
It would be nice to try home birth BUT i cant. I have to be in the hospital. My blood pressure always climbs to a dangerously high and I seem to hemorage more with each additional child and with breanna I almost died:( Not at birth but a week later i hemoraged 2 litres of blood. BUT i did bleed alot more at birth with breanna then i did with jenna so i always plan for a stay of at east 2 days:(

omg, Shelly, i had no idea. glad you are okay. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 13 2010, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

it is the hospital's policy. still waivering back and forth on where to deliver. i guess i will decide when the time comes.

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Mar 20 2010, 02:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

goodluck!

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0135 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]