Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> one yr old
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

I have a one yr old andrew, that has been pulling hair for a while now..nothing we are doing seems to be working..he goes up behind anyone and gets hold of their hair and pulls with all his might.
he will do it, we repremand him and he goes right back and does it agian and looks right at your while he does it..
we take him and tell him no and then immediately put him in the pack and play for time out..he hates that and cries till he makes himself throw up every time..
I am so sick of this..
is there something else that someone has tried that works?
when he gets upset he throws up..
he is only one, he cant help clean it up.

jeannie???

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

ICK Alyssa use to do that we started popping her hand and she quit it was the ONLY thing that worked for her, timeout didn't work, distracting her didn't work not even just telling her no worked. SO we popped her hand and told her no and she finally quit.. I'm not saying that is what you should do. Hopefully someone else will give better advice

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

ekk, some will pull there hair back (not real hard but enough to get the message) and say see it hurts we dont pull hair. its not for everyone, but it has been a last resort and it worked. course if they dont have hair it can make it hard to do.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Jan 12 2009, 11:43 AM)
ekk, some will pull there hair back (not real hard but enough to get the message) and say see it hurts we dont pull hair. its not for everyone, but it has been a last resort and it worked. course if they dont have hair it can make it hard to do.

you know I have tried this as my last resort..but andrew has a high pain tolerance, and I just cant bring myself to pull it hard enough to make him see that it hurts..
and we are smacking his hand..but again he sure acts like it doesnt hurt him..and I cant do it any harder..
but I am so ashamed to say, that he is a bully for a one yr old and is hurting his 3 and 7 yr old brothers!

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
msoulz
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Duct tape mittens to his hands so he can't grasp any hair.

blink.gif

Just kidding!! tongue.gif

Is he very social? My Jake always wanted to be with someone so setting him down and walking away and ignoring him really bugged him. He used to hit, and when he did I would tell him (in my mean mom voice and face) we do not hit, and then I would walk away and he didn't like it at all.

That's all I have. The mitten thing would probably work best though . . . rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jan 14 2009, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

We pop on the hand too. Actually, I hold his hand in my hand and give it a little wack. Nothing hard, just enough to show him that it is unacceptable. Aiden sometimes will pull things off the walls in his room that I have hanging. The hand popping seems to have helped. He does still a little, but not nearly as much. It takes some consistancy because at first it wont work like magic. Now that he's nearing 2 he is understanding a little better about what not to touch and what is ok to touch.

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Jan 14 2009, 11:46 AM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jan 15 2009, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Jan 12 2009, 08:59 AM)
he will do it, we repremand him and he goes right back and does it agian and looks right at your while he does it..

I forgot to add this...this kind of hit the nail on the head...he's doing it for attention. Make sure you give attention to the person who was hurt and not so much him other than the quick discipline. If he pulls your hair, have DH come up to you and console you in front of him so he will know you are hurt and that he is not deserving of attention for the act. If this is his way of getting attention and he's getting it from you, he'll keep on doing it. If you see him go up to get ready to do it again, ask him a question to divert his attention..."Where is your ball?. Works well at this age. smile.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0116 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]