Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> I need your help!
jakes_mommy
  Posted: Nov 16 2008, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,058

Hey everyone! My name is Casey and i have a son who is 2 1/2. I could really use some help! For starters, I left his dad almost a year ago. So he is bounced around between me, him, daycare and anyone else his dad sends him too. Hes started being REALLY bad lately. Screaming at me, he doesnt listen, he thinks for some reason he should be able to sleep on the couch, so tonight he finally fell asleep on his bedroom floor. he just been very disrespect full lately. And hes been at his dads lately so i dont know if that has something to do with it or what. My current boyfriend and i live together. and he is at his witts end with my son. I cant take it anymore! Can someone help me please!
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Nov 17 2008, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Just be consistent.... With so much turmoil, it's not surprising he'd be a little out of sorts. Although, at that age, that type of behavior is not out of the ordinary.

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Nov 17 2008, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I would act up if I were him too. Kids need stability and consistency. The same rules you have at your house need to be applied at daddy's house and at day care as well. Maybe you could make him a chart so he knows the day that there is a star he's going to dads. When it's a heart he's staying with mommy, etc. I'm willing to bet he senses your bf's frustration with him.. yours as well. Try reinforcing good behavior. Keep things positive if possible.

Good luck, keep in mind he's a child and had his life dramatically changed a year ago. Be patient with him and try to keep things consistent.

This post has been edited by Calimama on Nov 17 2008, 07:28 PM
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0078 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]