Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Losing weight at this age?
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Oct 28 2008, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I noticed that Ashley is really thinning out. She's never really been skinny, just sort of average. She had that toddler belly throughout preschool and even some of kindergarten. She was always in the 97% for both height and weight at her check-ups (sometimes she was off the chart-- but height and weight were always proportional). Well, at her six year check-up in September, she was still in the 97% for height, but only the 75% for weight. Her ped didn't seem concerned. She really didn't loose weight as much as she just grew taller. But, I have noticed that the last couple of weeks, Ashley's pants are getting looser and looser on her. She eats healthy, and has a good appetite, and she seems healthy. So, I guess I shouldn't be concerned. But, I hope she doesn't get much thinner. I am just wondering, has anyone else noticed their child really starting to thin out at this age? I was always pretty thin and tall (until I had Ashley, now that has changed), so maybe she is going to be like me. But, I am just a little concerned that she has thinned out so rapidly.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
stella6979
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,252

I can't say for certain, but I'm guessing that it's normal. As kids get older, they are much more active, and from what I can tell, Ashley is very active. She's also very tall, and I think as they grow taller they do tend to slim down some. As long as she's eating, I'm sure she's fine. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Kaitlin has losed her baby belly, she just had her checkup and she is 60% for weight and 75% on height. I think thats why Kaitlin does not like to wear pants they are to lose around the belly. Unless its strech or sweatpants thoes are the only ones that seems to fit well.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Oct 28 2008, 10:24 AM)
I can't say for certain, but I'm guessing that it's normal. As kids get older, they are much more active, and from what I can tell, Ashley is very active. She's also very tall, and I think as they grow taller they do tend to slim down some. As long as she's eating, I'm sure she's fine. hug.gif

this is what i was going to say hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Kylie has always been slim compared to Colt and Macie, but over the last year or two she's gotten downright SKINNY, we're talking knobby knees, bony rear, knotty shoulders...her waist has been the same measurement for two years. Her ped said he weight just hasn't caught up to her height yet, and eventually will. He said as long as she's not complaining of headaches or fatigue and eating well and acting normally, to just consider it a phase.
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Olivia goes through phases - she plumps up (well as plump as a 39lb 6 year old ever gets anyway) then thins out - then plumps up but I always notice it in her face - she gets a rounder face - I am sure she is fine as long as she is still eating the same, etc. etc.

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
danahas4monkeys
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 942

Totally normal. Lexi is 6 1/2 and isn't losing weight in fact we can't get her to gain it she's tall and super thin she only weighs 38lbs and she eats more than most adults and is a junk food junky! At this age they get taller so it looks like they have lost weight when its just repositioning.

--------------------
Dana
Mommy to Kimberly 14, Jordan 13, Alexis 7, and Andrew 5
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0110 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]