Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 15 years given, not long enough
lisar
Posted: Sep 16 2008, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Here is the story, I posted about it last year when they were originally arrested. Its such a sad story. 15 years isnt long enough

BAKER COUNTY, Fla. -- After pleading no contest to child abuse charges on Monday two Baker County women were sentenced to prison for 15 years.

Investigators said Suzette Stevenson and her partner, Jamie Martin, tortured a 7-year-old boy for whom they were supposed to be caring, causing the child to be permanently disfigured.

Last November, Stevenson, the boy's guardian, and Martin were arrested on aggravated child abuse and child neglect charges after the child was found drugged in an Orlando parking lot wandering around and begging for food.

The boy told authorities he had been kicked in the stomach on numerous occasions, claiming Stevenson forced him to drink shampoo and that Martin would bend his toes until they would break as a form of punishment.

On Monday, both women entered no contest pleas on charges of aggravated child abuse and child neglect.

Faced with the possibility of his daughter facing as many has 50 years in prison for the charges, Martin's father pleaded for the judge to have mercy.

"She's not a -- she's not a bad person. She's always been good to young'ns. I don’t what happened," Martin's father said in court.

After the judge asked Stevenson several times whether she was sure she wanted to enter a plea of no contest against the advice of her attorney, she told the judge she didn’t know and started crying.

End the end, Stevenson stuck to her plea, and judge found both women guilty of crimes.

Both women were sentenced to spend 15 years in prison followed by 10 years of probation. The judge also ruled that both women are never allowed to go near children ever again.

The young victim remains in the care of the Department of Children.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Sep 16 2008, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

sad.gif That is so sad! I agree that 15 years is not enough!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Sep 16 2008, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

luvmykids
Posted: Sep 16 2008, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

OMG, that poor boy. Those sick women should be locked up for good growl.gif
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Sep 17 2008, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

Ugh! I wish someone would break all of their toes and then just leave them for dead. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Sep 17 2008, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Sep 17 2008, 02:57 PM)
Ugh! I wish someone would break all of their toes and then just leave them for dead.  dry.gif

That's what I was thinking but worse growl.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
punkeemunkee'smom
Posted: Sep 18 2008, 02:09 AM
Quote Post

It is a wonderful life!

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE (BAC'sMom @ Sep 17 2008, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (stella6979 @ Sep 17 2008, 02:57 PM)
Ugh! I wish someone would break all of their toes and then just leave them for dead.  dry.gif

That's what I was thinking but worse growl.gif

That has my vote but sooooo soooo much worse!!!! growl.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
baby
baby development
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
The Administrators and Moderators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions or offensive posts to the Moderators by using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Sep 22 2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

This world is so sad and scary. Anyone who commits a crime against a child of that magnitude should be sent to prison for the rest of their life. We have cocaine and crack dealers in there for life but someone who mains and tortures a child only gets 15 years, the system is really twisted! sad.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0108 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]