Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why are people so stupid?, 5 yo shoots and kills 4 yo :(
stella6979
Posted: May 5 2008, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,252

I will never understand how some people can be so careless. And now this little boy will have to live the rest of his life knowing that he killed his own Sister. It just breaks my heart.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/16156264/detail.html

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: May 5 2008, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Oh that is so sad! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
lisar
Posted: May 5 2008, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

This is why mine stay locked up in a safe
PMEmail Poster

BAC'sMom
Posted: May 5 2008, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

that's a crying shame bawling.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: May 5 2008, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

That is so heartbreaking, and the reason guns shouldn't be LEFT ON A BOOKSHELF growl.gif growl.gif growl.gif
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: May 5 2008, 09:45 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

Seriously! mad.gif

That is so horrible. sleep.gif
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: May 5 2008, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

*shakes head* Who does that, leaves a gun on a bookshelf with kids in the house? bawling.gif How horrible!

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
HuskerMom
Posted: May 5 2008, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

QUOTE (lisar @ May 5 2008, 08:18 AM)
This is why mine stay locked up in a safe

Ditto

That is so sad.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 5 2008, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

How sad! bawling.gif bawling.gif bawling.gif

This is exactly why I asked the question previously about questioning parents if they have a gun in their house. I always accompany Ashley on play dates, but as she gets older this won't be the case. I feel uncomfortable bringing the subject up, but I would rather bring it up than be sorry.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mummy2girls
Posted: May 5 2008, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

And thsi is why im terrified for marcus to bring his gun home if he becomes a cop. Im sure he will be afe about and needs to being ill be running a dayhome buts till i think ill find it hard to sleep at night knowing a gun si in the house:(

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Cece00
Posted: May 5 2008, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

This is why we currently dont have a gun, and I have a HUGE list of restrictions for my DH *if* I let him get a gun....truth be told, I'd like to have one here, but I am terrified about a gun in the house with my kids

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
BabyOwen427
Posted: May 5 2008, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

Why was a loaded and chambered weapon left where a child can reach it. I'm sure that child has no idea how to chamber a round in which means some adult left it like that. growl.gif growl.gif

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
redchief
Posted: May 5 2008, 08:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (BabyOwen427 @ May 5 2008, 11:24 PM)
Why was a loaded and chambered weapon left where a child can reach it. I'm sure that child has no idea how to chamber a round in which means some adult left it like that. growl.gif growl.gif

Not for nothing and it's still no excuse for leaving the weapon anywhere but in a locked cabinet, but the gun owner had removed the clip and was unaware that a round was chambered. Some oopses are simply too big to easily forgive. growl.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
punkeemunkee'smom
Posted: May 22 2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

It is a wonderful life!

Member No.: 2,162

First of all by 5 years old the child in the house that had weapons SHOULD have known all about gun safety...You CAN teach your children not to touch a gun-ANY gun. It is so sad and such a waste when crap like this happens!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
baby
baby development
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
The Administrators and Moderators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions or offensive posts to the Moderators by using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

BabyOwen427
Posted: May 22 2008, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Jazz Hands!!

Member No.: 4,095

QUOTE (redchief @ May 5 2008, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (BabyOwen427 @ May 5 2008, 11:24 PM)
Why was a loaded and chambered weapon left where a child can reach it. I'm sure that child has no idea how to chamber a round in which means some adult left it like that.  growl.gif  growl.gif

Not for nothing and it's still no excuse for leaving the weapon anywhere but in a locked cabinet, but the gun owner had removed the clip and was unaware that a round was chambered. Some oopses are simply too big to easily forgive. growl.gif

True, no excuses. Does it not take a moment to clear the chamber? I mean seriously... any responsible gun owner knows just because the clip is out doesn't mean the chamber is clear. mad.gif

--------------------
Beth, proud Army wife to Curtis, supermommy to Owen!

user posted image user posted image user posted image
jcc64
Posted: May 22 2008, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

First of all by 5 years old the child in the house that had weapons SHOULD have known all about gun safety...You CAN teach your children not to touch a gun-ANY gun. It is so sad and such a waste when crap like this happens!

I am not looking to get into a debate here. We've done the gun discussion here, everyone's staked out their positions and are not likely to yield to anything to the "other side". I do want to point out, however, that no gun safety program, no matter how comprehensive or well meaning, can eradicate our national cultural fetishism of guns. You can talk to kids about guns till you're blue in the face, but the fact remains that kids see guns/shootings, etc. in the media probably several times a day, if not watched properly (and even if they are, sometimes).What that means is that if your back is turned, you cannot rely on the fact that your well trained, educated 5 yo will not pick up a gun, EVEN IF HE"S BEEN TOLD NOT TO. There was a very interesting "experiment" on 20/20 several yrs back with two way mirrors, and right down the line, all but 1 kid picked up a not so well hidden gun when he thought no one was looking, despite having been through the NRA's comprehensive gun safety program. It opened my eyes, that's for sure.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0090 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]