Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Got Raw Milk?
sparkys2boys
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,128

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 07:12 PM)

I will refrain from posting anything that goes against the "mainstream". It just starts debates.

See Mollie that is where you are wrong.... this is what this board is for. But "some" people take it to far as always. We all have strong beliefs about one thing or another and have the right to talk about them or not talk about them. People need to grow up in here and either read the posts by people they don't like or not. If they chose to then they need to learn to either like it or not. Noone in here gets forced to read or make a reply. If you decide to post then do it tastefully and if you can't do that, then don't post at all. Geesh...... I come in here for enjoyment not fighting

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 06:12 PM)
I will refrain from posting anything that goes against the "mainstream". It just starts debates.

I for one hope that you will continue to make your posts. Even though I don't always agree with what you say and I don't always respond, I enjoy reading your posts because I love hearing your point of view and learning about new things. I've never heard of raw milk and even if I don't ever try it, I've learned something from your information and I appreciate it. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

sleep.gif sad.gif I am so sorry my post came to this. I am sorry for having strong beliefs about things. For the record, I like everyone on this board, even though we are on totally different planets on issues. I have learned a lot from everyone, and I hope some have learned from me.

bawling.gif Please, let's just drop it & be friends again!

NEVER be afraid to post things that aren't "mainstream". if you (or anyone) didn't, people would continue to be closed minded and never be exposed to new ideas.

Something like Raw Milk isn't for everyone... and those who choose to listen to the government reports should be happy with that and be comfortable with it... they shouldn't be offended...because by being offended, it's just showing they aren't comfortable with their decision and feel the need to defend it. It's not like you said anyone isn't giving their family the best, you said this is what was best for your family, and posted information about why you think that. You chose to do your own research, and are comfortable with that.. and you're not offended by people drinking pasteurized milk.

I think you bring very interesting information to the forums... and you should continue to do so, in the same manner that you currently do. Variety is the spice of life...some people just like their food commercialized! thumb.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 30 2008, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

sleep.gif sad.gif I am so sorry my post came to this. I am sorry for having strong beliefs about things. For the record, I like everyone on this board, even though we are on totally different planets on issues. I have learned a lot from everyone, and I hope some have learned from me.

don't do that. I reallydo learn from you. If it haddn't been for things that I have learned on this board, and the people here I would be doing things in my life very differently. Mollie, I can say that with out a doubt, YOU are very responsible for my desire to BF Al, and you weren't even here anymore.

I for one, don't mind a debate. I acutally enjoy them. laugh.gif I do agree that we could all be a bit more sensitive tho. I think the main problem is that you miss a lot of communication over the internet and things are taken in ways they weren't intended.
so hug.gif hug.gif

PM
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 03:28 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

hug.gif Thanks you guys. I am glad that there are some here who appreciate my posts. I think I've done better at holding my tongue & not being so argumentative. I try to put thought and care into my posts before posting, instead of just posting the first thing that pops into my head.

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Mar 30 2008, 08:43 PM)

don't do that. I reallydo learn from you. If it haddn't been for things that I have learned on this board, and the people here I would be doing things in my life very differently. Mollie, I can say that with out a doubt, YOU are very responsible for my desire to BF Al, and you weren't even here anymore.

I for one, don't mind a debate. I acutally enjoy them.  laugh.gif I do agree that we could all be a bit more sensitive tho. I think the main problem is that you miss a lot of communication over the internet and things are taken in ways they weren't intended.
so  hug.gif  hug.gif

Wow, I wish I was here for you then, Tara! I'm going to send you a PM wink.gif .

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM
Crystalina
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 04:12 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 03:12 PM)
For the record, I like everyone on this board, even though we are on totally different planets on issues.

I'm not so sure it's a like/hate thing. I know even though I don't agree with some of the things you agree with I still like you! I disagree with about 80% of what my sister does and I love her. biggrin.gif I think people can disagree (strongly at times) yet still remain friends/friendly with one another on other topics. hug.gif hug.gif

Look at O'bama and Rev. Wright. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif hug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Crystalina @ Mar 31 2008, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 03:12 PM)
For the record, I like everyone on this board, even though we are on totally different planets on issues.

I'm not so sure it's a like/hate thing. I know even though I don't agree with some of the things you agree with I still like you! I disagree with about 80% of what my sister does and I love her. biggrin.gif I think people can disagree (strongly at times) yet still remain friends/friendly with one another on other topics. hug.gif hug.gif

Look at O'bama and Rev. Wright. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif hug.gif

But your sister is family - I love my family even though I'm the odd one out.

I get what you are saying though hug.gif .

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM
msoulz
  Posted: Mar 31 2008, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I agree with those saying Mollie should continue to post - I too have learned a lot from you. I don't have to agree with you to learn a lot! smile.gif

I too enjoy a debate, but there is a difference between a debate and an argument. It seems some folks are SO strong in their opinions that they throw respect completely out the window, and there goes the debate into an argument.

And as Karen so well put it before, who cares what other people do/think? It is interesting and educational, but should in no way be insulting or hurtful for someone else to say the do it differently. So in that vein, it really doesn't matter how someone else responds to a post, even if they are disrespectful, why should it matter? It generally takes at least 2 to play the game. If those who choose to respond disrespectfully are basically ignored then the argument stops.

JMHO

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 07:12 PM)

mollie, I to only really learn things that are not "mainstream" from you and this board. I enjoy it, I dont always have to agree with what you say, but i sure do enjoy hearing about it, and having someone to ask questions too.
dont change!

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Mar 30 2008, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 04:12 PM)

huh.gif No kidding.  I thought you were supposed to treat patients regardless of your personal feelings about it? 

Seriously - if someone came into the ER sick from drinking raw milk, you wouldn't treat them?  But if someone got food poisoning from a restaurant, that's OK?  Wow.

I don't think that is what she is saying at all. coming from a person that does patient care all the time, as a care giver you DO make judgments on how your patients came to be in your care. you have your own thoughts and feelings on the subject, its just the reality of the situation. For example, two patients come in, both from a car crash, with the same injurys, one was drunk and hit the other. who do you feel more sorry for? not that you would refuse to care for either one, or that your level of care would change at all, but your thoughts and feelings about each person would be different.

Sorry, off topic.... back to milk...

I was saying it as a hypothetical situation. I have cleaned a convicted murderer after pooping himself in bed and rubbing it all over his body. Did he deserve to be cleaned up so nicely even after murdering an innocent man?! Yes, that was my job at the time so I did it. Did I want to? - No. Did I judge that man, yes. Would I refuse to treat anyone, no way! The point I was trying to get across is that people do judge, if those two people came in with food poisoning I wouldn't refuse to treat one or offer better care to one - But it would be something I'd be talking in private about with other nurses.

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Seriously - if someone came into the ER sick from drinking raw milk, you wouldn't treat them? But if someone got food poisoning from a restaurant, that's OK? Wow.

I did not say i wouldn't treat them but TBH, I would be at the nurses station talking with a friend about how that patient was asking for it.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Mar 30 2008, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (AlexsPajamaMama @ Mar 30 2008, 05:05 PM)
QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 30 2008, 05:12 PM)

Seriously - if someone came into the ER sick from drinking raw milk, you wouldn't treat them?

Hmm thats not what I read at all...

This is what I read...
Would you feel less sympathetic for the person who got food poisoning from the milk...

yeah...and to continue the quote you started....

Would you feel less sympathetic for the person who got food poisoning from the milk because they were drinking risky foods, or would you feel bad for the person who is suffering because farmers in mexico move their bowels in the spinach fields. Neither person deserves to have food poisoning but I can't help but wonder whether I would treat the person who got sick from the salad better because they weren't walking a thin line by drinking the raw milk. IDK just something you think about when you have to take care of people.

I took the liberty of putting in bold the statement that comes right back to the other quote you posted.

Notice I said "treat them better". I did not say "not treat them."

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
punkeemunkee'smom
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

It is a wonderful life!

Member No.: 2,162

QUOTE (MyBabeMaddie @ Mar 31 2008, 10:12 AM)

Seriously - if someone came into the ER sick from drinking raw milk, you wouldn't treat them?  But if someone got food poisoning from a restaurant, that's OK?  Wow.

I did not say i wouldn't treat them but TBH, I would be at the nurses station talking with a friend about how that patient was asking for it.

So let me ask you this....We have a bottle fed baby calf. It is Taylor's pet. Something for 4H. Cattle carry EColi in their systems-we are very careful, we wash hands after any contact with her,keep her pen clean,ETC. If by chance we contacted Ecoli from our choice to feed this calf (who BTW would have died with out us intervening) would you treat us differently? It is our choice to take the chance to play with her....so in your mind are we asking for it?

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
baby
baby development
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of life.
The Administrators and Moderators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions or offensive posts to the Moderators by using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (punkeemunkee'smom @ Mar 31 2008, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (MyBabeMaddie @ Mar 31 2008, 10:12 AM)

So let me ask you this....We have a bottle fed baby calf. It is Taylor's pet. Something for 4H. Cattle carry EColi in their systems-we are very careful, we wash hands after any contact with her,keep her pen clean,ETC. If by chance we contacted Ecoli from our choice to feed this calf (who BTW would have died with out us intervening) would you treat us differently? It is our choice to take the chance to play with her....so in your mind are we asking for it?

No I would not treat you any differently. I'm not 100% sure I would treat anyone differently. Ideally I like to treat the patients equally but there have been circumstances that draw the line - Sexual harrassment from the patient. Honestly I don't think I have ever treated anyone differently that I have taken care... I've taken care of a murderer, a drunk driver, a racist, a sexist, someone who said they were in the KKK.... As mad as I get inside about something, I have stayed professional with the patient. Now what I say to my instructor or friends at clinical might not be nice, so far I have managed to walk into the room with a smile and have their needs met.

All people in the healthcare field have a bias. I have a huge bias with a certain group of patients (If you wanna know PM me I'm not going to continue to offend people) - As much as I cringe when I have them - I am always nice, I lend an ear to listen if they want to talk, I take care of their needs and I get the job done.

Like Tara said, you can't help but WONDER if two people came in to the ER due to a drunk driver crash - Would you have more sympathy for the victim who was in the wrong place at the wrong time or the driver who was driving around over the legal limit? Its hypothetical, something to think about.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (MyBabeMaddie @ Mar 31 2008, 11:14 AM)

Seriously - if someone came into the ER sick from drinking raw milk, you wouldn't treat them?

This is what I read...
Would you feel less sympathetic for the person who got food poisoning from the milk...

Would you feel less sympathetic for the person who got food poisoning from the milk because they were drinking risky foods, or would you feel bad for the person who is suffering because farmers in mexico move their bowels in the spinach fields. Neither person deserves to have food poisoning but I can't help but wonder whether I would treat the person who got sick from the salad better because they weren't walking a thin line by drinking the raw milk. IDK just something you think about when you have to take care of people.

I took the liberty of putting in bold the statement that comes right back to the other quote you posted.

Still, just that you would even think about treating one better than the other, AND discuss them with another worker.

If I knew my employees were talking like that about a patient, no matter what that patient did, I'd fire their butt faster than they could finish their sentence.

I definitely wouldn't hire you, just strictly based on the fact that you said you'd wonder whether to treat one better than the other, and because you're gossiping about the patient and their plight, in essence making fun of them. No offense. I hope to never have a nurse with the attitude you claim to have. sleep.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Mar 31 2008, 12:43 PM)

This is what I read...

Still, just that you would even think about treating one better than the other, AND discuss them with another worker.

If I knew my employees were talking like that about a patient, no matter what that patient did, I'd fire their butt faster than they could finish their sentence.

I definitely wouldn't hire you, just strictly based on the fact that you said you'd wonder whether to treat one better than the other, and because you're gossiping about the patient and their plight, in essence making fun of them. No offense. I hope to never have a nurse with the attitude you claim to have. sleep.gif

In her defense I think it's only human nature to say things that are on your mind about people Rocky, people gossip at work, it's life wink.gif

As far as the OP I think we have gotten way off topic and I agree with Karen, we need to stop taking things so seriously. I, for one, have learned to agree to disagree with a lot of Mollie's views but Mollie has opened my eyes about vaccinations, I will continue to vaccinate unlike her but I will ask more questions and my child will receive less vax per visit now because of some things raised in threads she has started. I have also learned about a lot of homemade things to save money from her...etc... Like I said, her views are a little different from mine, well a lot different, but I have had to grow up and learn to re-read her posts before I pass judgment and hurry up and post something real quick in the heat of the moment, sometimes you have to take a step back and think what are their real intentions. I honestly do not think Mollie meant to start WWIII with a raw milk thread.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Mar 31 2008, 11:43 AM)

This is what I read...

Okay tell me this...
An IV drug user contracts chronic Hepatitis C. After developing liver failure they receive a new liver over the older man who has liver cancer. Is that fair?

A person with a 60 pack year history of smoking develops lung cancer. Do you feel sorry for them? - Of course. Is it their own darn fault? - Probably. Would I gossip about them at the Nurses station, probably not because it is so common.

Would I gossip about the two people who got food poisoning, I can't honestly say because I've never been in the situation. But from an outside point looking in, I could see myself saying something about "living on the edge".

I've jumped out of an airplane at 13,000 feet. Was I taking a risk - Yes. If I died would it ultimately have been my own fault? - Yes I think so. I believe if you are going to live risky be ready for the consequences. Thats what I mean when I say I don't think I'd feel as sorry for the person who drank the raw milk and had the runs for a week because they probably knew the risk already.

One more... You go out for a night binge drinking, the next day you can't get out of bed only to throw up. Would I call you an idiot - Yes for sure. Have I done it a million times, you bet. Like I said, you knew when you started drinking the night before what the possible side effects were, you better be ready to face them.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

It would be nice never to judge anyone, It's just human nature. What makes the difference is making mental notes, or private statements to close/trustworthy people, as opposed to actually living the bias and treating others differently. I said before I have not treated anyone differently at the hospital because I disagree with them or I don't like something about them. I am very respectful.

When you clean poop off the convicted murderer and can do it in a tasteful manner, then please tell me about who you would hire and what not. It's easy to say something like that but when you actually experience it, I guarantee you will be a little more up for the "gossip" with your co-workers.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterAOL
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

This is so far off-topic, it's not even funny rolleyes.gif . Anyone else have questions about raw milk??

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (MyBabeMaddie @ Mar 31 2008, 12:07 PM)
When you clean poop off the convicted murderer and can do it in a tasteful manner, then please tell me about who you would hire and what not. It's easy to say something like that but when you actually experience it, I guarantee you will be a little more up for the "gossip" with your co-workers.

Who's to say I haven't been in a similar situation? cool.gif

There's nothing wrong with some gossip with coworkers... in a professional atmosphere, people who "gossip" do so out of earshot of others. Maybe outside on a break, or during lunch at the cafeteria... not at the nurses station, not during work hours. You CANNOT be judgemental, on the job, with your field, no matter how much you would want to.

Would I think "idiot" of some of those people? Sure I would. Would I say it? No. Not even to a coworker in passing. Maybe after work, off duty, off the premises, but never ever during the time that I am paid to give care, never anywhere where another patient might hear.

it doesn't matter what's fair and unfair about who gets an organ and the reason why... it's not your decision and not your place to judge. Obviously someone already has and has judged it important for that person to be the one to receive the organ. Anything you have to say about that patient is just your personal opinion... and like many other jobs in the field of health care, your opinion is not warranted.

For risk taking... it really doesn't matter. You do what you do and I do what I do... and as far as we're both concerned, we both think that the other is taking more of a risk, and we both have reports to prove it. One is done by the public for the public, and one is sponsored by the government. Big freaken deal... i wouldn't even have thought twice about caring for you had been injured by doing something reckless and idiotic. I'd have treated you with equal compassion, and wouldn't have even bothered to take the time out of my day to make some comment about how stupid you are for having jumped out a plane, the risks you took, you had it comming etc.... (not saying you're stupid, just btw) because I did the job that I had to do, and made my patient feel slightly better than they did before I came around.

It would be really nice if nobody was to gossip and be judgemental... but you look at this small community that's just here, in PC.. and there is a lot more of that than not... so on a grander scale, yeah, judgemental people are everywhere. But most, in positions of care, have the decency to at the very least, keep it out of earshot of everyone else not directly involved. Not so sure gossiping at the nurses station would help that too much... not sure how YOUR hospitals are, but here, nurses stations are situated where the patients rooms are, and there is constantly people going by, constantly other patients around... family..not very private of a place to make fun of someone. Imagine how the others feel, hearing you talk about someone... they probably wonder what you had to say about them.

Anyways, it doesn't matter. You have a problem with raw milk, fine. Whoop dee doo. I have a problem with car fuel, but you didn't see me snickering with my buddies when you had car trouble a little while ago.

I'd love to see the half of the mainstream people here get by for 2 weeks without electricity, access to a vehicle to go to the store, and running water. I guarantee that the non mainstream people here would get by just dandy, probably, even, as if nothing had changed.

(Glad we're discussing nicely, btw! happy.gif )

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 31 2008, 12:10 PM)
This is so far off-topic, it's not even funny rolleyes.gif . Anyone else have questions about raw milk??

Yes. tongue.gif

Does your entire family like it? Has it taken some a bit longer to get used to it over others?

Again, like I said before we tried goats milk because my MIL told us it was a lot healthier and easier for the human body to digest. I can't tell you if that's true or not. What are your views on that? I would LOVE to find a farmer who does the cows milk. I've only come into contact with goat milk farmers. Goats milk around here is HUGE - I mean people drive hours to get it and in mass quantities.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

Maybe this is off topic but its for Mollie about raw milk and other things she does...were you raised this way too or did you decide on your own to raise your family this way?

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
Crystalina
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

Just to defend MyBabeMaddie...I've worked in the medical field and if you think they aren't talking about you when their done taking your stats your mistaken. It's the doctors (yes the doctors are bad at that!), the nurses and the aides. Just about every single one of them. On their breaks, at the nurses station...everywhere. They talk about your weight, your looks, why your their...everything. The nurses don't just ask you info for the "record". No, their getting the scoop on you. emlaugh.gif It's not all the time in every situation but it happens alot. Hospitals and doctors offices are little Peyton Places. wink.gif

Sorry Mollie, back on topic. smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 10:56 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 31 2008, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (mommy~to~a~bunch @ Mar 31 2008, 12:10 PM)
This is so far off-topic, it's not even funny rolleyes.gif .  Anyone else have questions about raw milk??

Yes. tongue.gif

Does your entire family like it? Has it taken some a bit longer to get used to it over others?

Again, like I said before we tried goats milk because my MIL told us it was a lot healthier and easier for the human body to digest. I can't tell you if that's true or not. What are your views on that? I would LOVE to find a farmer who does the cows milk. I've only come into contact with goat milk farmers. Goats milk around here is HUGE - I mean people drive hours to get it and in mass quantities.

I have no knowledge about goat's milk, I have never tried it before. I hope to this summer though, as a neighbor (haha, about 5 miles away) is getting goats for milking and I told her I'd like to try some. I think I might have read it somewhere that yes, goat's milk is easier to digest.

Everyone likes it, no complaints yet. The kids thought it was a bit weird at first, but they all like it. DH doesn't like his with the cream still in it, so I skim the cream off. I love the rich & creamy whole milk LOL. And wow, I never knew goat's milk was so popular!

The milk I get is so cheap too, only $2.50/gallon! It pays to have good friends LOL.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 31 2008, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (AlexsPajamaMama @ Mar 31 2008, 12:15 PM)
Maybe this is off topic but its for Mollie about raw milk and other things she does...were you raised this way too or did you decide on your own to raise your family this way?

I never had raw milk before switching last fall or whenever it was. I was a little unsure about it at first, but talking to my friend & doing my own research has convinced me of switching for good.

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0202 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]