Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Weird cough
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

This cough WILL NOT go away, and it's really weird...it feels like I have something stuck right where my gag reflex is. Not like a tickle or scratchy feeling, it feels like there is actually a lump there.

Has anyone else had that feeling? I literally can hardly stop coughing because this feeling makes me gag, which sends me into another coughing fit. It helps to swallow something searing hot, or a spoonful of honey, but only for a few minutes.
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I am NOT trying to scare you here - but if it doesn't go away soon I think you should see a Dr. That is almost exactly what my MIL had and after 3 weeks she finally got it checked out there really was a lump there and it ended up being cancerous.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

OK I'm not scared but EEEEK ohmy.gif Thank you for passing that on, I will definitely pay it more serious attention if it doesn't stop soon! hug.gif

How is your MIL now?

eta: Ok, I'm a little scared laugh.gif Do you remember her saying she had the sensation that if she could just cough "it" up she'd feel better? I seriously feel like a cat with a furball stuck in it's throat, like if I could just get the right cough, hard enough and deep enough, it would move. Sorry if thats TMI.

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Dec 20 2007, 07:09 PM
PMEmail Poster

My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

I don't remember her saying specifically that she felt like she could cough it up if she could cough hard enough....she was just coughing all the time and said it felt like there was something stuck in her throat.

She's doing okay now, thanks for asking. She had surgery to remove the lump about 6 weeks ago and they actually just went back in on Monday to remove her lymph nodes to prevent spreading.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Wow, I'm glad she got it checked out. I hope the surgery is the end of it hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif KUP!! hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Dec 20 2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I was going to suggest a lump too. I have no medical degree though. emlaugh.gif I'd go to the doctor and get it checked out if I were you. Tell us what happens. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

dont get too worried... until you see a doc ... I have been havign that as well and its more persistent and i can tell its there when i have a cold. You feel like you need to clear your throat all the time, you feel like there is a lump, you cough which makes you gag more and cough more. I know its something but its not cancerous... if i can remember the name of it. But it looks liek a big discusting booger when it finally comes up. But if it keep persistent and stuff after the cold and feels worse then yes see a doc:) KUP!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Calimama
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 09:57 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Has it let up any? hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Dec 22 2007, 03:06 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

It cold be something caught in your tonsils as well. Have you tried to gargle and see if it comes out?

Another thing... sometimes when DH is sick, he gets this little growth on his tonsil.. I forget what they call it. Anyways, it isn't cancerous or anything to worry about. I just thought I would mention that since you said you've been sick lately.

Try not to worry, but it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out if it continues. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Dec 22 2007, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I figured it was related to being sick but have never had this feeling of having something stuck in my throat....I gargled with warm salt water last night (why didn't I think to do that sooner?) and it did help, I'll keep that up and hope that does the trick.

Thanks guys! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Dec 22 2007, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Dee dee is probably talking about the tonsiliths. That's what K had. They grow in the crypts (dents) of your tonsils and dislodge sometimes. If you still have your tonsils, that could be it. One may have dislodged and stuck somewhere else (they are sticky little suckers) or it could just be a big one that is poking out. Can you see anything back there? they look like greenish or white spots.

Just thinking about those things make me wanna hurl.

Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
Danalana
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

If mothering was easy, FATHERS would do it.

Member No.: 8,444

I've had that feeling...like something was stuck...about 3 years ago, i actually went to the emergency room because it was driving me crazy. It felt like when you eat ramen noodles and not all of it goes down. Oh my gosh, I had all kinds of tests done. I had to drink something to numb me in the ER...then they did x-rays. Nothing. Then, I was referred to an ENT...he stuck a scope down my nose and back of my throat to look...nothing. Then I had allergy tests, though i had no symptoms except that it felt like something was stuck. I also had an MRI and barium swallow! Anyway, nothing ever turned up. And I had gotten a couple of those balls in my mouth (somebody else mentioned it) before, so I began to think it might be that lodged in there. For the longest time, it felt like it was there. You know, reading this thread made me swallow and see if I noticed it (I had lived with it so long I forgot it was there). It's gone! I hope it continues to get better for you.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Ew. I hope it's not one of those lodged food particles. If you do a search for i thin it was Kit Kat's mom... she or her kdis had something like that. Totally GRODY.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Forgot to update you all....I had MIL (who is a nurse) look at it, she called it a tonsil stone and got it mostly loose with a q-tip and after a few days of gargling saltwater we got rid of it puke.gif
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 09:04 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Jan 7 2008, 08:46 PM)
Forgot to update you all....I had MIL (who is a nurse) look at it, she called it a tonsil stone and got it mostly loose with a q-tip and after a few days of gargling saltwater we got rid of it puke.gif

How did you get a qtip that far back into your mouth!? Omgosh I would gag..
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Jan 8 2008, 01:04 AM)

me too... I gag if they have to do a swab for strept... UGGGH, I gag just thinking about it.

But, glad you are feeling better and it was nothing serious.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Calimama
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Never mind.. I tried it out.. it's do-able.. rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Now that's one I never heard of. I'm glad you were able to get rid of it.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Jan 7 2008, 10:04 PM)

Oh I did....we tried some of that cepacol (sp?) spray, that numbed it a tiny bit so I couldn't really feel it coming but once it got farther down I couldn't really help it.

The worst part was after she got it loosened up (sorry if thats TMI), it actually felt worse for a day or two and knowing there was actually something there was just disgusting puke.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 7 2008, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Dec 24 2007, 11:31 AM)
Ew. I hope it's not one of those lodged food particles. If you do a search for i thin it was Kit Kat's mom... she or her kdis had something like that. Totally GRODY.

AHAHAHAHAHAH

I KNEW it.

rolling_smile.gif

ewwwww.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jan 8 2008, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Tonsil stone or tonsilith. That's what K had before we had her tonsils removed.

Blech!

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0283 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]