Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Moving Claudia into DS's room!
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Jan 18 2004, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

banana.gif We are moving Claudia out of Emily's room because she is so jealous of Claudia and complaining that she wants her own room! We talked to our CAS worker and she is in complete agreement with this decission. Spencer our 6 year old is very excited to be having his baby sister in his room! He has called his friends and wants Claudia's side of the room to be done in Princesses and his side to stay Spider Man. Spencer and Claudia have always gotten along. He has never been jealous of her and has really been sad on the days when she is in Daycare and not home when he gets home from school. He loves his baby sister! My only concern with the two of them sharing a room is Spencer loves to talk to Claudia, loves to cuddle with her and loves to pick her up. I'm worried that he will try to take her out of the crib and start playing with her on his floor. I'm also worried that he will talk to her when she is supposed to be sleeping and keep her up. Other than that I think the move is going to go great! banana.gif

dry.gif Emily on the other hand was very excited to have Claudia out of her room and was mad because she thought that Spencer would say "NO" to having Claudia in his room. Now she says she has changed her mind and wants Claudia to stay in her room! So what should I do? dunno.gif They really can not share a room together anymore, Emily's jealousy is very obvious and she can get very nasty towards Claudia. Here are some examples: Claudia will be sitting in the living room, happy and content and Emily will come along and pick her up or get right in her face and start talking to her, which makes Claudia pretty mad and she will start crying. We have a lullaby CD in their room and we have caught Emily changing it to something she would like to listen to, then this keeps Claudia up because it's usually something loud and annoying! mad.gif We have promised Emily a new desk for her room and to bring her Barbie Size Doll house into her room. So I'm hoping that she will adjust and stop being so negative about all of this!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

thumb.gif sounds like a great move for everyone! Emily will be glad to have her own space back soon. girls really do need more privacy than boys do. as for Spencer keeping Claudia up... i would just make the rules clear to him in the beginning and maybe put her down first because he wouldn't want to disturb her if she is sleeping. and the novelty will wear off eventually.

i am glad to hear you got it all figured out. hope it goes great! also, i want to see pics of the princess/spidy room!

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
aspenblue1
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Member No.: 68

Sounds like a great idea. I am sure Emily will be fine with it she will love her privacy.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

thumb.gif Sounds like a great move. I am sure Emily will do just fine and will love having her own space. Let us know how it works out in Spencers room. So, this is what I have to look forward to, eh? smile.gif

grouphug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

wacko.gif What was I thinking! This is the most I've sat down all day! "NO" Emily couldn't just let us do this in stages, one room at a time! "NO, OF COURSE NOT" I've been moving, sorting, packing, taking apart the crib, putting the crib back together and trying to convince Emily that some of her toys need to go ALL DAY! A word of advice for all of you with GIRLS: Don't get sucked into BARBIE! We went through Emily's Barbies and she has 14 barbie dolls, 3 ken dolls, 12 kelly dolls, 1 skipper, 2 stacie dolls, 7 babies, 1 Chrisie and a whole storage bin full of DOLL CLOTHES AND ACCESSERIES! wacko.gif We compromised and I let her keep 9 barbies, 6 kelly dolls and 3 babies and the rest of the other Barbie family! How many dolls do they really need! OMG It's just insane! She did get rid of two toy sets one is a Castle that came with 4 ponies and the other is Merry-Go-Round that had horses, riders, and all the stuff that goes with the horses (or maybe they're ponies?) dunno.gif I swear if I ever see another BARBIE today I will probably SCREAM! blink.gif In her room she has more stuff than Spencer and Claudia combined! She is so spoiled, no wonder she has this ATTITUDE!

Well it's over now and maybe this summer we will paint the rooms, but for now Emily's room is different shades of pink and Spencer and Claudia's room is blue and white. This better work, because I am not moving Claudia back into that room! laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
My2Carebears
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 279

Hope the move goes well and that Emily starts loving on her sister and not being mean to her. My Daugther Abri does the same thing to Angel. So I can relate

--------------------
~*~*CARY~*~*
Proud Mommy To Abri And Angel

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Wow! I am exhausted just reading your post. That sounds like a lot of work! Now, you need to spend the day resting!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Jan 18 2004, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Hope all goes well. Sounds like a great move for all biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 19 2004, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Hope all goes well, too. It really does sound like a better situation for all wink.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
jen
Posted: Jan 19 2004, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 263

Good luck with the transition! It sounds like it will work out great! Maybe Emily will start being a little bit nicer! rolling_smile.gif

I feel like I got exercise too reading your POST!! LOL!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
JENNY
Happily Married to Josh, the LOVE of my LIFE!
Mommy to Madelyn Rae April 15, 2004
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0100 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]