Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bronchitis w/asthma and a sinus infection
Maddie&EthansMom
  Posted: Oct 23 2007, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I went to the doctor today after a friend forced me practically at gunpoint! laugh.gif I'm SO STUBBORN! I've held on to this cough since my vertigo ended several weeks ago. It finally went into my chest and I have horrible chest pain when I cough or take a deep breath.

The doctor gave me an inhaler and antibiotics. I need quick healing vibes. I'm headed down to the riverwalk this weekend and I need to be well!!! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Oh yuck I had that for 2 weeks right at christmas last year!! I'm sending you LOTS of healing vibes

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

I hope you feel better!!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

MommyToAshley
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

hug.gif Hope you feel better, that doesn't sound fun at all!

Sending lots of healing vibes!!!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Not good! Hope you have a quick recovery hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 03:54 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Ugh!!! Get better soon! That really sucks. hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

hug.gif hug.gif I remember the days of battling bronchitis over and over again. Ugh. Hope you feel better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 08:43 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Ugh Aimee that sounds awful!! I hope you feel better SOON! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks y'all. hug.gif

I'm worse today. I volunteer in Maddie's classroom on weds and the teacher sent me home today. I'm hurting really bad. My mom thinks I have a touch of pneumonia in my rt lung since that is where it hurts the most. They didn't do a chest x-ray yesterday so I can't be certain if that is what it is. I wonder if the treatment would be the same regardless? I guess I need to call the dr and find out if these antibiotics are strong enough to take care of pneumonia.
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

You sound like my DH - NEVER will go to the MD until he is on his death bed - well let me tell you - I ended up with bronchitis at 8 months pregnant because of his stubborness - so when you are being stubborn think of those in your house who you can infect - you now have a very contagious illness - wink.gif

But on another note (not to make it sould like I was yelling at you - I wasn't hug.gif )

I sure hope you feel better soon - get some rest, lots of fluid..... hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 24 2007, 09:01 AM)
Thanks y'all. hug.gif

I'm worse today. I volunteer in Maddie's classroom on weds and the teacher sent me home today. I'm hurting really bad. My mom thinks I have a touch of pneumonia in my rt lung since that is where it hurts the most. They didn't do a chest x-ray yesterday so I can't be certain if that is what it is. I wonder if the treatment would be the same regardless? I guess I need to call the dr and find out if these antibiotics are strong enough to take care of pneumonia.

hug.gif Pnemonia can be viral which doesn't respond to antibiotics - just FYI - I have lots of experience with pnemonia- my poor Mom gets it twice a year....

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I didn't take it as yelling. I appreciate the info. I've never had this before so I'm clueless.

I just read where bronchitis can't be treated with an antibiotic, either. So, what in God's name would the doctor have done for me a couple of weeks ago if I were to go in with this cough? Nothing. He would have said "It's just a virus." I had no other symptoms until this darn sinus infection showed up (thus the reason for the antibiotics). I hate going to the doctors and I hate medicine (particularly antibiotics.) I'm more of a natural approach kind of girl. wink.gif Which normally helps a lot, btw. I take my vitamins and work out everyday. I must have contracted the bronchitis when my immune system was down (with the cough...or the vertigo.) dunno.gif

I just need to rest and take care of myself. I'm running myself ragged these days.
PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 24 2007, 09:52 AM)
I didn't take it as yelling. I appreciate the info. I've never had this before so I'm clueless.

I just read where bronchitis can't be treated with an antibiotic, either. So, what in God's name would the doctor have done for me a couple of weeks ago if I were to go in with this cough? Nothing. He would have said "It's just a virus." I had no other symptoms until this darn sinus infection showed up (thus the reason for the antibiotics). I hate going to the doctors and I hate medicine (particularly antibiotics.) I'm more of a natural approach kind of girl. wink.gif Which normally helps a lot, btw. I take my vitamins and work out everyday. I must have contracted the bronchitis when my immune system was down (with the cough...or the vertigo.) dunno.gif

I just need to rest and take care of myself. I'm running myself ragged these days.

Yes - bronchitis can be viral too - it can also be bacterial though -

Either way - get lots of rest - it is probably the only thing at this point that will turn it around - that and lots of fluids and hugs hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 24 2007, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 24 2007, 12:52 PM)

Do sinus cavity massage as much as you can. That's what I do when I have sinus infections. It makes a big difference. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0083 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]