Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What does a 4yr old like to watch?
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 7 2004, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

We are babysitting our 4 yr old niece Friday night. First time ever watching her blush.gif What do I do with her? LOL. What kinds of movies or shows do 4 yr olds like? What do I give her to drink?

Geesh, you would think I wasn't a parent at all, lol, but I am to a 16 month old. rolling_smile.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 7 2004, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

You would be surprised but a four year old will watch what your daughter will watch. Matthew (now 5 1/2 yrs) still likes to watch the same programs as his younger 2year old brother. As for beverages she will drink the same things again as your sweetie. If in doubt ask her parents if she has any preferences in both areas. Good luck, at least there is no extra diaper changing to do.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 7 2004, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jan 7 2004, 02:01 PM)
You would be surprised but a four year old will watch what your daughter will watch. Matthew (now 5 1/2 yrs) still likes to watch the same programs as his younger 2year old brother. As for beverages she will drink the same things again as your sweetie. If in doubt ask her parents if she has any preferences in both areas. Good luck, at least there is no extra diaper changing to do.

I'm not sure she would watch ELMO and the only other movies I have are Baby Einstein, lol. UGH! Also, I *HONESTLY* don't know what to give her to drink. Kylie is still nursing and only gets water besides that. Kirsten would probably like it if I asked her is she wanted "mommy's milk", lol. She has been weaned for 2 years now but if she had her way she would still be nursing, lol.

I guess I will need to ask my SIL. I just wanted to be "up" on this, I'm not a fan of my SIL so I don't want to admit to her I don't know what to give her biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

5littleladies
Posted: Jan 7 2004, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

My 4 year old daughter likes to watch pretty much anything but her favorites are Disney movies like Toy story and Beauty and the Beast and stuff like that. As for stuff to drink, just give her what you have around the house-Juice, milk, etc.

Don't worry-4 year olds aren't hard to please, I'm sure you will do fine. wink.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
jem0622
  Posted: Jan 7 2004, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 105

Nathan will be 4 on the 17th of this month. I agree with offering milk or juice. If you offer juice then fill half of the cup with juice and the rest with water. That is what we do.

Nathan likes to snack after dinner time. Around 8pm or so. He gets something that isn't sweet (usually). Like chips, or an apple cut up or a pear cut up. He loves fruit.

He likes to watch the Wiggles, Blues Clues, and Veggie Tales. He does like some Disney, but his attention span is short (as most kids this age) so he won't watch the hole movie. He likes Tarzan, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo.

Good luck! She'll probably get a kick out of being around your little pea, so she may not care what is on TV.

Julie

--------------------
Julie with Nathan (11) Gabe (8) and id twins Hannah and Olivia (6)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Jan 7 2004, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

I took care of a 4 year old during the day. And cartoons like caillou, scooby-doo, barbie movies. If you have a channel that shows only cartoons try that. There has to be something in there she likes. As for drinking water and juice is popular. Maby try crafts. Alot of 4 year olds love crafts, such as painting and coloring and such. I have loads of craft recipes that is easy to prepare and loads of fun...that is if you dont mind the messyness(LOLOL) let me know and i can pm you some recipes...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 7 2004, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Wow, thanks ladies! I will definately go to the store and get juice! I would give it to Kylie but she doesn't like juice, the picky booga! LOL. rolling_smile.gif

Wiggles? Cool! Kylie loves the Wiggles so that's one they can watch together. I think I might hit the video store, too wink.gif

I would do crafts but I'm not a crafty person myself so I think I'll skip that, lol. But thank you very much for the offer wink.gif

Dh is being called out of town Friday night so I guess it's just me, Kylie and Kirsten. *SIGH*. I'm kinda freakin' out, but I am sure the two of them can entertain each other biggrin.gif

I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again for all the tips!!!

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
MomToMany
Posted: Jan 8 2004, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Sounds like you have it covered! My 4 yr. old boy like to watch Disney movies, Dora the Explorer, and Bob the Builder. He drinks pretty much anything (within reason).

And like Julie said, she will probably LOVE playing with Kylie!!

Good luck, and be sure to let us know how it goes!!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0088 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]