Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New modivation
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Well DH and I have started walking together, he and I both are on the weight loss path. So far he has droped 10lbs (5 recently) and me 5lbs (3 recently). biggrin.gif He asked to help him work out so i said no problem we have fitness on demand and there is a nice walking program we are using since it way to hot and humid to walk outside. We started walking last Thursday and have walked 3 days 1 mile on thursday, 1.5 on monday for me 2 miles for him, and 2 miles for both of us yesterday. thumb.gif I also worked out in the pool satuday. so in almost 1 week I have worked out 4 times. I am happy and the pants I have on today are a little less tight than last week, so thats good. I am so lookign foward to cleaning out some 'fat' clothes and hopefully weraing some that have been to tight.

Oh its even cutier when the whole family is walking, Kaitlin likes to join us and does her own form of a work out. laugh.gif

I actually think with DH going at it with me will be awsome for both us us to reach our gols we have each other to cheer on while walking.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Aug 8 2007, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Oh I am so jealous. I wish my hubby would join me in my efforts. He quit smoking over 2 years ago and really needs to lose some weight for blood presure issues but wants to do it on his own. Keep up the great work, you can do it. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

I thought it would be weird and never really wanted him in on it but since I have done some of the walking on demand things before it was really nice to have him there next to me.

Have you asked him? maybe a tape or dvd of just walkign minght get him started

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

booey2
  Posted: Aug 8 2007, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Oh I have tried, I have some great workout and walking tapes and all he does is sit there and watch, (says he likes the view) rolling_smile.gif or will ask when I am done so he can come back. LOL Who knows maybe when the fall comes and I start up working out indoors again he will join me. dunno.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
mammag
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

That's wonderful! I know it makes a big difference for me when Chris & I are equally motivated. It's been a little harder lately because since he started doing Jiu-Jitsu also, he is more focused on conditioning training and I'm more interested in weight training.

Good luck to both of you on your goals!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

That is great Di! thumb.gif

Dh and I are going to start working out together as soon as work slows down here for me, which will be late September. rolleyes.gif I need to get off this 5 pounds I've gained back plus the other 5 I never got rid of to begin with. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 8 2007, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (booey2 @ Aug 8 2007, 10:04 AM)
Oh I have tried, I have some great workout and walking tapes and all he does is sit there and watch, (says he likes the view) rolling_smile.gif or will ask when I am done so he can come back. LOL Who knows maybe when the fall comes and I start up working out indoors again he will join me. dunno.gif

well I hope he does join you. It really is nice having hima nd Kaitlin to cheer me on and vice versa

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0218 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]