Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Jaci's kindergarten testing
maestra
Posted: May 4 2007, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

I'm moving to a new school, and two other k teachers are going to the same place. Dh and I had already decided that we wanted one of those teachers for Jaci when she would go to k, so I'm glad they are coming with me too! I will be teaching first though. So, since Jaci has been reading for well over a year, and has really changed socially and maturity wise, we decided to have her tested for early entry into K.

She and I went this morning, and they only did a fraction of the testing on her and she started reading their testing materials for them. She wrote her name, and laughed with the tester a bit. She looked up at me and said "She's fine, I'll get you the paperwork." I guess I thought it would be harder than that.

Last week, dh took her to a classroom, and she spent a few hours with them. She did have a little bit of a fit when she saw that her name wasn't on the wall with the other kids' names. Today she saw the class and yelled "Here I am!" And quickly joined their line. Then, we had to go into another room to meet a teacher I will be working with, and she walked in ahead of us, walked up the the teacher, shook her hand, and said "Hi, I'm Jaquelyn", then sat down at the frist available seat. That cracked me up!

So, anyhow, they are letting her enter K early, so my baby will be going to Kindergarten next year! wub.gif

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: May 4 2007, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

That's so great! I can't believe she's reading already blink.gif Smartie pants tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 4 2007, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

WTG Jaci! Cracked me up~she was reading the testing materials to them!!! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster

MommyToAshley
Posted: May 4 2007, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

It's good to see you. It's been too long since you have posted an update!

What a smart lttle girl... sounds like Jaci is more than ready for K! We will be going this year as well, but Ashley didn't have to test early as we make the cut-off by a few weeks.

So, you are going to be teaching 1st grade now instead, eh? Good luck in your new position.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Ashlynn's Mommy
Posted: May 4 2007, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,771

Thats great. I think it is so cute that she went up to the teacher, shoke her hand, and introduced herself. wub.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: May 5 2007, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

wub.gif she is so smart and too funny! i am sure she will do great! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
maestra
Posted: May 5 2007, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ May 4 2007, 05:42 PM)
It's good to see you. It's been too long since you have posted an update!

What a smart lttle girl... sounds like Jaci is more than ready for K! We will be going this year as well, but Ashley didn't have to test early as we make the cut-off by a few weeks.

So, you are going to be teaching 1st grade now instead, eh? Good luck in your new position.

In Az, the cutoff day is August 31. I think it should be August 31, with case by case exceptions until September 30. September babies can be kind of iffy, if they are ready or not.

I has been so long since I taught 1st, 5 years to be exact! I'm a little nervous, but they need me to come in and lead a team of newer teachers. I've known that principal for 8 years, so it should be great.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0137 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]