Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bare Escentuals
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

So I just got talked into buying the starter kit of Bare Escentuals, Bare Minerals... $60 blink.gif Not what I would typically spend. My skin looks flawless with this stuff on though cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
maestra
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

I just got it too! I got the kit at Ulta. My skin looks great with it too! I went back and got some of the eye shadows and one of the liners- eye liners usually bother me, but when I use the powder/cream as an eyeliner, it works so well, and it doesn't bother my eyes.

Dh may be in trouble! rolling_smile.gif I like this stuff a little too much!

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 03:53 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Ooooh, I didn't even look at the eyeshadows. I KNEW I would be in trouble rolleyes.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Ooh you are making me want to do this! I need something to cover all this AGING. rolleyes.gif Ok, so where can I get it?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 17 2007, 08:59 AM)
Ooh you are making me want to do this! I need something to cover all this AGING. rolleyes.gif Ok, so where can I get it?

Do you have an Ulta or Sephora around? I know you can buy it on Ebay, but you wouldn't know what your colors are unless you tested it out...

--------------------
user posted image

MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Member No.: 212

I have been thinking about getting the bare essentials for myself. I just don't use make-up that often to spend the money. It sounds like it's worth it though. thumb.gif

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I just got this stuff, off NBC.com and it was ok, its not the greatest, but I think it is the same stuff as sheer cover and that stuff is half the price.
so go to sheercover.com and compair

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
maestra
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

If you go to Ulta, watch for their 20% off coupons. I got my kit for 48% with the coupon. I think there was one in last sunday's paper. I'm going this weekend for more of the eye shadows and eye liners. rolling_smile.gif

I use fairly light, and have to do 2 applications, but it totally covers up all the red areas I have on my cheeks, and I bought the bisque, and that covers up the veins under my eyes so well. I need to get another eye brush, because I'm using the eye shadow brush to put on the liner too, and it's a little hard. I love that you can put on the liner dry for that smuged look (which is what I do anyway) or you can put it on wet for a sharper line.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I love their eyeshadows but the foundation doesn't work for me.
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 04:23 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

OK, I tried applying it myself yesterday and it didn't look as good as the girl in the store got it to look. I think I put on too little, but was afraid of going overboard. I can see this is going to take some getting used to!

One thing I can tell you though is that the mineral veil is essential - otherwise I felt oily and shiny still.

--------------------
user posted image

coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

No, I don't have any of those places around me sad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

I wanted to try that but I went for Loreal Bare Naturale, its also the mineral based and its workign well for me. Does take some getting used to gettingt he right ammount, but I love how it covers when I have red spots. Its also has SPF 19 built in.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0157 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]