Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Emily and the Internet, Very Scary!, How do I Handle this???
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Apr 11 2007, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

ohmy.gif I'm still in shock, absolute shock! I came home this afternoon with this message to call my friend. Her daughter answered the phone and was crying hysterically. She was telling me to go downstairs to Emily's room that there was this guy named "Shane" down there. I told her that I just got home and there was no one down there. Apparantly this "Shane" person had been using Emily's MSN and telling my friends daughter that he has seen pictures of Emily naked, that he watches her when she sleeps, that he has a key to our house and then he asked her if she would miss Emily because he was going to kill her. She's crying, Emily's yelling. I told them both to ban this "Shane" from there MSN, I told Emily to change her password. And then my friend printed off the mesages and said that we should call the police, as soon as we said we were going to call the police Emily went nuts begging me not to call the police that she knew who this "Shane" was, she was screaming at us. It was awful and then the truth came out. "Shane" is Emily! Emily has been writing these messages to her friend. We're not sure why and it took a long time for her to stop crying. I called my friends son, because that's who Emily said he was. His name is Shane and he was so confused when I called and I asked him about everything. He said no he doesn't even know Emily's email address. So I asked him to have his parents call me when they got home. I'm so worried about Emily, I'm calling a Counselling Agency tomorrow morning. ohmy.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Miranda1127
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,470

omg that is awful. i would definitely talk to her counselor as well as let her know there is no more unsupervised computer time until she can prove she can use it responsibly.

good luck and i hope everything works out

--------------------
Miranda- mommy to 2. my big girl is 5 and my little man is 10mo
Easter Pics How cute are they?!?
PM
amymom
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

Oh Gosh! I am so sorry. This is the trouble with the internet, it can be anoymous and yet so not! I am glad your friend's daughter told her mom. I am glad Emily finally told you. Your whole family has been through so much. I would bet this will be a small hurdle. Emily just needs her Mom right now. Counseling will be good for her. Spencer's illness has taken up so much family time, Emily just needs something. I know you will get through this. Stay strong. Let us know what you need.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

ediep
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

wow, thats horrible

I am glad you are getting some help about this, you all have been through so much lately maybe its just a cry for some attention or a stupid prank.... man, I am so glad that the other girl told her mom.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Oh man! That is so strange! I wonder if it is a reaction to everything your family has been through? I really think a counselor is a great idea. Poor kiddo. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
msoulz
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I would certainly see about counseling. Your family has been through so much. hug.gif And that other girl is to be commended for stepping up to protect her friend!

I would immediately remove the internet access from her room and have it only in a common area so anyone walking by can see what is going on. That will deter deviant behavior.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif Oh Kirsten I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you got to the bottom of it, my stomach was lurching until you said Emily was Shane. A counselor will be a great help. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

sleep.gif I made an appointment today for a telephone intake. Because Emily is now 12, she has to be present for the intake. So I have to pull her out of school 45 minutes before school is out just so she can be here. I don't think she is going like this! But I don't see any other options!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ Apr 12 2007, 09:08 AM)
sleep.gif I made an appointment today for a telephone intake. Because Emily is now 12, she has to be present for the intake. So I have to pull her out of school 45 minutes before school is out just so she can be here. I don't think she is going like this! But I don't see any other options!

I'm sure it's not going to be easy and you're right, she probably won't like it. But as her mom it's one of those situations where she just doesn't have a choice. Stay strong hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
DansMom
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Member No.: 223

12 year olds do ridiculous things. I agree that this seems like a cry for attention, and it will mean a lot to her internally for you to haul her out of school and get her to the intake, even if she objects. When I was 13, back in the stone age, I answered an ad to write to a prisoner that I saw in the back of Rolling Stone magazine. My mom totally flipped out when she found out I had been doing this and read the letters. I thought she was totally unfair and mean then. But she cared and intervened, and at 42 that's what I now remember. Emily needs your help and attention---you are so doing the right thing.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Apr 12 2007, 12:02 PM)
I'm sure it's not going to be easy and you're right, she probably won't like it. But as her mom it's one of those situations where she just doesn't have a choice. Stay strong hug.gif hug.gif

12 year olds do ridiculous things. I agree that this seems like a cry for attention, and it will mean a lot to her internally for you to haul her out of school and get her to the intake, even if she objects. When I was 13, back in the stone age, I answered an ad to write to a prisoner that I saw in the back of Rolling Stone magazine. My mom totally flipped out when she found out I had been doing this and read the letters. I thought she was totally unfair and mean then. But she cared and intervened, and at 42 that's what I now remember. Emily needs your help and attention---you are so doing the right thing.

Thank You both so much! I'm just so worried about her. She's a great kid, all of her teachers have told us that she has adjusted to everything that has happened so well. I guess we were all wrong!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
kimberley
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

oh hon that is scary. you are definitely doing the right thing. keep us posted. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MoonMama
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

hug.gif hug.gif
PM

CantWait
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

WOW, very scary, and I wouldn't definetly say a cry for help due to all the trama your family has been through lately. Hope everything goes alright with the call. Please keep us posted. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

WOW oh honey!!! hug.gif hug.gif I agree it sounds to me like she is trying to get attention!!! hug.gif hug.gif Let us know how it goes!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I was actually relieved to hear it was Emily. The thought of someone out there saying that about Emily really scared me.

I am sure this was just Emily's way of getting attention. The entire family has been through a big ordeal, not just Spencer. Although I am sure she is embarrassed by the whole thing, it's good that she was caught and you intervening is just what she needs. Counseling for the entire family is not a bad idea ... I can only imagine all of the built up emotions everyone must be having.

Kirsten, you're such a good Mom and have had to handle so much! hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
hawkshoe
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 03:15 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 4,782

You are doing the right thing here by getting your daughter help. I would definately take the computer out of her room too.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0350 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]