Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What are you wearing w/capris this year?
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

My sister got me thinking yesterday about what I'm going to wear with capris this year. She just bought some ballet flats to go with hers and I started wondering what in the heck will I wear. I wore a lot of dress flip-flop heeled shoes last year, but I'm sure there are some more stylish things out there this year that are cuter? I've worn the dressy flip-flop heels (small heeled) for years now and need a change.

So what are you wearing with capris this year?

ETA I would need shoes I could wear for business to business-casual.

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Apr 9 2007, 11:56 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Well anything really, but I will be wearing ballet flats, cork wedge peep toes, flip flops.......anything goes.

Here are some examples of what i have

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/...&&var=d&ckey=CA

Pumps will work great too for work I think!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

Something, anything in a wedge is hot, hot, hot this year. I think they're super comfy too. There are open toed leather wedges, espadrilles, you name it.
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well I have several open toed dressy shoes, but my sister seemed to think they were too dressy for capris. I figured she's much younger than me so I listened to her. tongue.gif I do have a 2 pair of wedges I love. I'll have to try them on with capris and see how they look. I was definitely thinking of espadrilles, though! I found a really cute pair I thought would look good with capris.

Thanks ladies. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Oh and Jen, I love those ballet flats - I love the metallic ones better, but they are both cute! Now I'm on the hunt for some cute ones around here. biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I have these in a black to wear with gauchos..........

http://www.aldoshoes.com/eng/storeSection/...&&var=d&ckey=CA

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Jenn you have great taste in shoes thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Apr 9 2007, 03:37 PM)
Jenn you have great taste in shoes thumb.gif

HA Thanks, but I have to say that I think I do too rolleyes.gif . I love them all. Dressy for work, casual for hanging out etc etc.......I have an addiction actually.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

The only knack I have is finding shoes that ARE NOT comfortable to be standing in all day long. rolleyes.gif wacko.gif Or for any amount of time for that matter. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I LOVE the shoes Jen suggested! So cute! We have an Aldos in the city but I never shop there. I have to go back now! I totally agree with the others...flats, wedges, peep toes. Even heels, especially for work. Nothing too stiletto like, but a nice peep toe pump is really cute IMO.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 9 2007, 03:18 PM)
The only knack I have is finding shoes that ARE NOT comfortable to be standing in all day long. rolleyes.gif wacko.gif Or for any amount of time for that matter. happy.gif

Do you have a Kohl's? I just went in ours for the first time and was amazed at how comfy Daisy Fuentes' line is, every pair I tried on felt great.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

These are hot this year I personally will probably NOT wear them.. although I MIGHT get a pair for the cruise I dunno anyway I am seeing this style EVERYWHERE even with gouchos

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/collection...AZZZ&rfnbr=3185

You can get them from somewhere other than vc though these are just some examples...

BTW i'm wearing flip flops I LOVE flip flops tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Brias3
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

I'm still gonna go with strappy and cute sandals for dressier capris, and casual sandals for everday ones. I have a couple pairs of the ballet flats so far but I hate the idea of wearing close-toed shoes in summer when I wait for the chance to do that all year laugh.gif

You might get away with the flats for business-casual.

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I have a pair off the leopard skin ballet slippers that are in the VS link, but bought them at Payless for maybe $14. They are silky fabric on the outside. I LOVE THEM!!! I bought them thinking oh gosh, what am I going to wear with these...but I said you know what, I have never own leopard ANYTHING, so I'm going to go for it and I now wear them with everything...Jeans, shorts (long length), cargo pants, skirts and even dressy pants (although you rarely see me in dressy pants). They are so comfy and like I said, go with just about everything. Doesn't necessarily have to be brown or black. Really great with jean color.

Maybe find some with a little more wedge heal for the office.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Monica - we do have a Kohls. I did buy a pair of slingbacks from there that Aimee posted, but those things were terribly uncomfortable for my toes with wearing them 24/7. I did see on Kohl's website they have a lot of cute shoes, though, especially the DF ones. I'll have to look at those. I did buy a pair of peep toe pumps there too, but they were so uncomfortable wearing all day at work.

This is sad but a lot of my comfy feeling shoes actually come from Payless. blush.gif It's hit or miss but I have a lot more luck there than places like Kohls, etc.

We do not have an Aldo's here and as scuffed up and worn down heels get for me working downtown, working late LONG hours, etc I just don't like to spend a ton on shoes, kwim?

Jessy Ann - those flats are cute!!! But I agree with Brias3 that I look forward to wearing shoes that don't smother my feet so I am a bit hesitant. I may order one pair from there, though, because they are so cute!

Rae - I wear a lot of black and tan/brown and I've never worn leopard print before either, but I could probably get away with wearing it with the colors I wear a lot. I just might do that. tongue.gif

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I guess I never thought peep toe pumps or some of my wedges would actually look good w/capris. I never gave them a chance, though, so I will definitely have to have a "try-on" of my pants with my shoes and see where I'm lacking. happy.gif

You all are great. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 9 2007, 08:18 PM)
I did buy a pair of slingbacks from there that Aimee posted

I bought those too rolling_smile.gif

FWIW, the DF's were way, way, way more comfy but they didn't have the ones I wanted in black rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Apr 9 2007, 09:37 PM)

FWIW, the DF's were way, way, way more comfy but they didn't have the ones I wanted in black rolleyes.gif

Did you find the slingbacks comfy. Maybe it's my toes. My toes ache a lot anyways because I'm in heels for 9 - 10 hours a day. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 10 2007, 09:09 AM)

Did you find the slingbacks comfy. Maybe it's my toes. My toes ache a lot anyways because I'm in heels for 9 - 10 hours a day. rolleyes.gif

Comfy enough tongue.gif I couldn't be on my feet for more than a few hours probably but I think in the DF's I could, I have wide feet and funny arches but they seemed to have a little more padding or something? I get cramps in my arches really easily but the DF's had great arch support.

Is the sore spot always your toes? Have you tried any of the inserts they have now for heels? I've seen cushions for the ball of your foot, things you put on the side of your pinky toe, heel pads, etc....Maybe those would help?
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Apr 10 2007, 10:25 AM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Apr 10 2007, 09:09 AM)

Comfy enough tongue.gif I couldn't be on my feet for more than a few hours probably but I think in the DF's I could, I have wide feet and funny arches but they seemed to have a little more padding or something? I get cramps in my arches really easily but the DF's had great arch support.

Is the sore spot always your toes? Have you tried any of the inserts they have now for heels? I've seen cushions for the ball of your foot, things you put on the side of your pinky toe, heel pads, etc....Maybe those would help?

Well my pinky toe always hurts whether I get WW or not. My BIGGEST pain is from my feet being arched high all day, kwim? Because they are in high heels they are arched at a funny angle. I didn't have that problem when I wore low heeled pumps, but I much prefer to wear high heels these days, for one so I don't have to have my pants tailored in length blush.gif So for some reason my feet just can't get used to wearing HIGH heels and I've been wearing them for a long time now. wacko.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0270 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]