Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Question for those who have been sized for a bra
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 10:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Okay. I went at lunch today and got measured for the "right size" bra at Victoria Secrets. They sized me at a C, but gave me bras to try in from size B to size D. Guess what size seemed to fit the best? B. bawling.gif bawling.gif I haven't been a B since grade school! unsure.gif This stinks! Give me my breastfeeding boobs back NOW please! biggrin.gif I'm still not convinced that I'm a B. With the B, one boob fits in it perfectly, the other - the wire is a bit on the boob, kwim? With the C, one has too much room and the other one fits perfectly - well both sides there's a bit too much loose room at the very top, hard to explain. I'm really sad about this size thing gals. sad.gif

Anyways, how did you find the measuring to go and what size you ended up going with? I guess what I'm saying is did any of you end up going with a smaller size than you thought you were?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Jackie012007
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

I was sized for a bra - they tried to tell me I was a DDD!! I tried on a DDD bra and I could practically fit both boobs in one cup! I wear a 36D and It feels comfortable - I say go with what feels right!

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

I still have to try on bras to find the right fit with each style. Especially at VS. Make sure that none of the wire is on the breast tissue - that's bad news, but you know that wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

When I was sized, they were right on I think. I'm a 34B. It sometimes depends on the bra though. Some B's are way too big for me. But it's always a good fit everywhere else. I've tried As and some are okay, but they are always a bit too snug and pull things in funny for me.

Have you tried Macy's Karen? I'm just wondering if the sales girls at VS aren't measuring correctly, only becauase they said I was a 36B which is way too big for me. Macy's did a better job for me. Plus they sell those in between size bras there (1/2 sizes). Maybe that's what you need.

My boobs deflated to just about nothing after weaning Wil, so I know how easily the girls can go down in size. I just think if the wire is sitting on one boob, then something isn't right. What about the wireless kind? That's what I'm wearing right now...oh nope, I'm wearing my nursing bra today. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Apr 4 2007, 03:57 PM)
I still have to try on bras to find the right fit with each style.  Especially at VS.  Make sure that none of the wire is on the breast tissue - that's bad news, but you know that  wink.gif

well I always knew that as far as nursing goes, but i thought maybe it'd be fine otherwise. blush.gif

Oh and I tried on like 10 bras while I was there. wacko.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Apr 4 2007, 02:34 PM

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Apr 4 2007, 04:38 PM)
When I was sized, they were right on I think. I'm a 34B. It sometimes depends on the bra though. Some B's are way too big for me. But it's always a good fit everywhere else. I've tried As and some are okay, but they are always a bit too snug and pull things in funny for me.

Have you tried Macy's Karen? I'm just wondering if the sales girls at VS aren't measuring correctly, only becauase they said I was a 36B which is way too big for me. Macy's did a better job for me. Plus they sell those in between size bras there (1/2 sizes). Maybe that's what you need.

My boobs deflated to just about nothing after weaning Wil, so I know how easily the girls can go down in size. I just think if the wire is sitting on one boob, then something isn't right. What about the wireless kind? That's what I'm wearing right now...oh nope, I'm wearing my nursing bra today. biggrin.gif

I should try Macys. I went to VS because I was given a gift certificate for there so I wanted to use it. Sounds like since the wire is on one boob I should go up a size, although the crappy thing is then the next size one boob is almost falling out. rolleyes.gif

I have to have underwire - I don't know why but i have to have it. tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

it is too varied by company. i personally think it's all bs. i was measured as a D but when i try on D's at Zellers or La Scenza, they are too big. my guide is.. try it on, if it's comfy.. buy it LOL

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

VS measured me larger than I thought I was and they were right. But after BF I'm down a cup size and it's pretty much true in any bra I try on the only difference is some are comfier than others.
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

Sounds like you are like me.....my left is a A and my right is a B. As for advice, i wear alot of sports bras, or buy a bra with pads that fits the smaller boob and take the pad out on the bigger boob. Sounds weird, but it works for me when i wear a lower cut shirt, I don't look quite as off tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
MoonMama
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

When I was sized I was annoyed but not for the same reason...I had been squishing them into a 34 D but ended up needing a 34 DD. dry.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]