Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Granny pants?
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

bigthink.gif I was thinking about going with the new style of granny pants. What do you all think? I think I'd look pretty darn S E X Y in them if you asked me. cool.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

NOT!!!! Gosh I wish I had a scanner that scanned colored photos..well I do but I'm too lazy to hook it up. blush.gif I'm looking through US Weekly Feb 5 issue and Uma Thurman is wearing a GRANNY PANT swimsuit! ohmy.gif Looks like a suit out of the 50's or 60's, not sure. But come on, this is just like the high-waisted pants....OBSURD!!!! Ick! Blah! Ick!

These are times I appreciate the fact that I don't go along with fashion 3/4 the time.

Anyways, you think I should get me some? laugh.gif Man, I wish I could show you this pic! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I actually like the look of vintage style bathing suits, but that's just me! thumb.gif I often wish my mom had kept all her's from the sixties. wink.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I like the look of them, but it has to be on the right body. That's the problem with a lot of these fashions....some people should just NOT wear certain things. They can look rather unflattering.

It reminded me of the 'stylish' mom I saw at McD's a couple of weeks ago. She had to be at least in her mid 30's, maybe late 30's. She was wearing a very short skirt with leggings, stylish jacket, etc and it was a great outfit, but on her it made it seem like she was trying to pull off being younger. It wasn't like looking at her going "oh wow, I love that outfit, it looks great on her" it was more like "um, is she trying to show she can be a mom and a teenager when she's really not?" It's great when one can pull that off, but it's another when one tries and fails.

don't know, I'm glad I know what I can 'pull off' and what I can't. But to each their own, that's why we all have our own style and we wear what we wear because it makes us feel good. That's why I wear what I wear...I really don't care what others think of me in what I wear.....as I'm sure everyone else does too. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Feb 1 2007, 08:26 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Feb 1 2007, 10:18 AM)
I actually like the look of vintage style bathing suits, but that's just me!  thumb.gif I often wish my mom had kept all her's from the sixties.  wink.gif

I actually have one of my grandmothers from the 40's thumb.gif I love it and would totally wear it if I was a little more Marilyn Monroe-ish in the figure department; I don't have quite enough in the boob or butt department to fill it out laugh.gif

But I agree Karen, they don't look good on everyone. Although you have a point, if you like it, who cares wink.gif

This post has been edited by luvmykids on Feb 1 2007, 08:30 AM
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Oh Karen I totaly think you should get some granny pants and model them for us laugh.gif okay I am totaly kidding. cousre when I hear granny pants I think of the big undies laugh.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Feb 1 2007, 12:00 PM)
Oh Karen I totaly think you should get some granny pants and model them for us laugh.gif okay I am totaly kidding. cousre when I hear granny pants I think of the big undies laugh.gif

rolling_smile.gif That's what I think when I think of granny pants too. blush.gif I'll admit I wear them during that time of the month sometimes, but that's as far as I go with them.

I personally think you'd have to have a stomach as flat as hell to pull off a granny pant swimsuit. Someday, maybe, ummm probably not for me! laugh.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0127 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]