Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need an antiperspirant that WORKS!
amynicole21
  Posted: Jan 23 2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

I have sweating issues blush.gif and have never been able to find an antiperspirant that will actually keep me from sweating through my clothes blush.gif blush.gif I've even tried the ones that say you can skip a day because they are so effective... not so. rolleyes.gif

Are there any other especially sweaty people out there who have found one that works?

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I ran out one time and used DH's. blush.gif I loved it. I have never found a woman's deopdorant that worked as well. Unfortunately, it was a man's scent adn didn't go well with my perfume. LOL.

I'd be interested in hearing what others suggest.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

I use Secret, the goes-on-clear solid. (I tend to be quite sweaty myself. blush.gif ) Every so often though (maybe every 6-8 months) I'll start sweating even using it, so then I'll use Degree for a few weeks, then switch back and it works great again. Don't know why, but that's how it works for me.
HTH!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

I use mens Degree

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

ohh good topic I have struggled with this since 7th grade!! Deoderant only is effective for a few months thn I build a tolerance and have to search for a new kind. I've been on prescription antipersperant - didn't work... I find that Arrid Xtra Xtra Dry works well. Mens deoderant works better. When shopping look for the first active ingredient (if its aluminum ) you're good.

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I use mens and can usually find an unscented one...otherwise when I do sweat I smell very manly laugh.gif I guess they're a little stronger than womens....I also tried one of those natural rock crystal deoderants and it didn't help a whole lot but did control odor very well.
PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

Add me to the stinky sweaty people club...Yea what I would always have wanted to join. I too use mens. It is the only thing that controls and it's the one with the power stripe...don't remember what it is

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

I use men' deodorant too... I don't remember what it's called, but it's clear, and slimy... lol

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

A lot of men's antiperspirants are unscented. DH wears unscented Right Guard. I've never tried it, but I've considered it for when I go to the gym b/c my deodorant doesn't work. The closest thing to working is Degree.

I feel like I sweat more in the winter. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
HuskerMom
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

I used to use Dove but it quit working for some reason. I really like Secret now.

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
paradisemommy
  Posted: Jan 29 2007, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Brother/Sister Love :)

Member No.: 142

oh man i completely hear you on this one..it's so nice to see that i'm not alone in this problem..

i think i've tried every one under the sun..for a while degree worked and then it stopped - then i found that secret worked (but only the platinum ones) but then kinda stopped - i now have dove that seems to be working but not all the time..i tried the all natural rock..didn't work for me..

but ita..what ended up working was a men's deodorant but i couldn't tell you which one..i just sat there and popped them all open and tried to find the most neutral smelling one..i think it was a sport one that didn't smell too manly.. rolleyes.gif

we should try and create our own brand from the men's versions..we could make millions!!! wink.gif

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I am a VERY sweaty person I sweat REALLY easy too and I HATE that but anyways I use sauve in the aerasol can and I LOVE it, it works but sometimes it leaves white marks you just have to let it dry for a few minutes before you put on nice clothes. But anyway thats me and I LOVE it!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
jcc64
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

When shopping look for the first active ingredient (if its aluminum ) you're good. 

I'm not sure if this was a typo or not, but NEVER use a product containing aluminum. There is hard scientific evidence that it is a definite carcinogen, and when you sweat, your pores open and allow the toxic substance right into your body. DON'T use it, seriously.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jan 30 2007, 09:16 AM)
When shopping look for the first active ingredient (if its aluminum ) you're good. 

I'm not sure if this was a typo or not, but NEVER use a product containing aluminum. There is hard scientific evidence that it is a definite carcinogen, and when you sweat, your pores open and allow the toxic substance right into your body. DON'T use it, seriously.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!!!!

The bad thing is most aluminum free deodorants don't really work well. rolleyes.gif At least all the ones I'm finding. I don't know of any aluminum free ones that aren't organic right? Another thing to look for is paraben-free products.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

Calimama
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

I use Sure regular scent, works awesome! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0123 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]