Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> the laser treatment
cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,205

went really well and it didn't burn at all, my legs aren't even a little red afterward. it didn't hurt very much...they say it feels like a rubber band and that is EXACTLY what it feels like. it's a little unsettling at first and in some cases i could feel the heat of the laser but for the most part it was no big deal and i can't say i have much of a tolerance for pain.
the shaving went fine but tbh i didn't like it...i suddenly understood why i've been spending so much money to wax all these years...i'm not used to the itchy feeling and simply put, i just didn't like it...what sucks is i'll have to keep doing it now until all the hair is zapped off.
my biggest fear is that somehow the laser won't work on me and i'll have to let the stubbly hair grow out again before i can wax it but the lady who lasered said if it doesn't work she'll keep doing it till it does. biggrin.gif
there is a tiny spot on my knee that i missed with the razor and i'm worried that the hair didn't fall out after being lasered but she said it would take a few days for that to happen but that it will fall out. i have long legs so it's a lot of ground to cover and i am also afraid she missed spots but again she said if she missed a spot that i can come back anytime and she'll fix it. i'm photographing her daughter this Sunday so we'll see what my legs look like by then and we'll know how well it's working...she doesn't expect much of the hair to grow back even after only one treatment but to be fair, my hair follicles have been weakened a lot from years of waxing.
if this works, i will say that i DEFINITELY recommend this...it is almost painless and if it makes the hair go away forever then to me it is SO worth it but i can't say for sure yet if i recommend it or not because i have to see now what will happen as far as regrowth and how many total treatments i'll need before i see serious results. she said i will start to see major results after the third and fourth treatments.
just thought i'd pass this along in case any of you out there are thinking about doing this. from what i can see, the risk of getting burned is nearly nonexistent, i'm not even a little pink and my legs don't feel sensitive to heat or anything that you would normally feel after a burn or a sunburn. the lady said that the darker your skin, the more prone you are to being burned which is odd because in the sun it's the other way around.
i'll keep you all posted on the results and what happens next in case any of you want to try this. happy.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Thanks - I have thought about this for a long time. I am a very pasty girl with thick brown hair - great on the head but lousy on the legs. I have never looked into it but what I wonder is are there any long term effects to the skin? My skin is really dry and I afraid if it gets zapped it will fall off! blink.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

Lets see a pic of what they did
Plus we have not seen you yet lol
Did it stink?

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Jan 12 2007, 07:45 PM)
Lets see a pic of what they did
Plus we have not seen you yet lol
Did it stink?

i have posted my pics here before, just not in this section, it was in the general discussions section. i can take a pic of the skin on my leg for you but really it looks no different than before i shaved it this morning.
no, it doesn't smell except if you didn't remove the hair then you can smell it burning but i removed all the hair beforehand so i didn't really smell much of anything.

--------------------

user posted image
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

so that makes sence then you shave the hair off on the area thats being done this way there is nothing to burn or cause redness I got it
it took awhile geeze where has my head been blush.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

My first appointment is tonight. I'm gettin gmy armpits and my bikini area done.

She asked me if I was getting it all done, and before I answered her, she "suggested" I leave a strip behind. laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

My best friend has been doing this for a while... she's on treatment #5 and is still getting growth rolleyes.gif I hope you get better results!!

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

QUOTE (ZEN Mommy @ Jan 16 2007, 09:47 AM)
My first appointment is tonight. I'm gettin gmy armpits and my bikini area done.

She asked me if I was getting it all done, and before I answered her, she "suggested" I leave a strip behind. laugh.gif

i'd love to do the entire bikini area but this lady won't do it, she said she's afraid she may burn my labia, and yeah, i'd rather not take that chance, so i'll still have to get bikini waxes and eyebrow too because she won't go near the eyes either.
as for the update, i am starting to get some regrowth but it's not too bad, nothing like the razor stubble i used to get when shaving but again, i don't know if it's due to the laser or due to the fact that i've been waxing for so long that one shave alone won't undo the benefits of years of waxing. it's definitely regrowing less on my legs than everywhere else, i'd say my armpits are getting the same kind of stubble they got back when i shaved and so is my bikini but i think that hair is more stubborn.
Amy--the lady told me she'd keep doing it till the hair doesn't grow back anymore, we'll see how this works, i'll be bummed if it doesn't, i spend SO much on waxing it's ridiculous.

--------------------

user posted image
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
sparkys2boys
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Member No.: 6,128

Glad that it went well for you. I hate shaving too.. grrrr. I may look into this after you tell us some more.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Is this expensive to do?
Bc when do you say enough is enough?

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)

PMICQAOLMSN
cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Jan 16 2007, 10:33 AM)
Is this expensive to do?

it's not costing me anything BUT if i were paying the total cost for six treatments for everything i'm doing would be over 5 thousand dollars so yeah, i'd say it's expensive. but that is the cost of 6 treatments and they guarantee results after 6 treatments so i imagine you won't be paying for it beyond the six treatments even if you need additional treatments to see results.

--------------------

user posted image
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

How come you're not paying for it?

my mom paid for mine... but she got a little fuzzy on the details, and forgot that it wasn't 250$ for the whole thing, it's 250 for each session!!! lol Ah well. I had my bikini area done, as well as my underarms...and she asked me if I wanted my upper lip done... I said sure, why not... so tack on another 120$.

It cost 922$ total. So I'm giving my mom 120$ for the upper lip, plus 280$ to compensate... lol

And BTW - rubber band my ARSE!!! Ouch! Actually the worst of it was my upper lip... the rest wasn't THAT bad. But still. I have several tats... and this was worse.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

And... it stunk a little. I was shaved where I wanted it done, except for my upper lip since I wasn't expecting it... and since my nose is 'right there', yes, it really stunk. laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
cameragirl21
Posted: Jan 16 2007, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

yeah, upper lip was worst. but the rest wasn't too bad, legs hurt the least, but waxing upper lip hurts most for me too.
as for not paying for it, i got lucky, i'm doing a barter. biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster

My2Beauties
Posted: Jan 21 2007, 12:27 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (cameragirl21 @ Jan 16 2007, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Jan 16 2007, 10:33 AM)
Is this expensive to do?

it's not costing me anything BUT if i were paying the total cost for six treatments for everything i'm doing would be over 5 thousand dollars so yeah, i'd say it's expensive. but that is the cost of 6 treatments and they guarantee results after 6 treatments so i imagine you won't be paying for it beyond the six treatments even if you need additional treatments to see results.

ohmy.gif Wow, I didn't realize it was that much, because I've always wanted to do this, guess I'll stick to shaving.

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0180 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]