Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Diabetic question
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

is it really possible to become 'cured' of diabitites?

my grandMIL has had diabeties for a few years (not sure wich one but controlled with diet) yesterday her doctor told her she was no longer a diabetic. I was happy and shocked, I was always under the assumption once a diabetc always a diabetic, but as she did more questioning she found was told yes as long as you keep your sugar leval under 140 your producing you own insulin and are no longer considered a diabetic. Well the past 2 weeks she has had a daily reading of 113-114.

anyone know anything about this? I guess in some ways it could make sence, MIL was told she was borderline diabetic which I found was odd.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28

If you're eating the right foods, and living a healthy lifestyle, it's completely possible.

Has she made any lifestyle changes the last little while?

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,273

It is possible to be "cured" if you have type II diabetes. That one used to be considered "adult onset". It can be controlled with diet and exercise or with oral medications. But it may also require insulin injections depending on the severity. I would suggest monitering her glucose levels regularly (maybe once or twice a week) and checking insulin levels 2-3 times a year. But that's just me, I am not a doctor. Just a lab tech.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

the only really thing I know she does is her eating, she cant exersize. She did take some meds but they did way more harm to her than good, she seems to be allergic to lots of things in meds. I think they are still testing daily at home, they might cut back but she siad she is still going to watch it.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0106 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]