Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Well, its official
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

Today the engorgement and discomfort is subsiding. Its official, I am done and can't turn back.
I had a Large mini break down yesterday, and wanted to quick nurse Ally while I still could. I was totally chickening out and second guessing my decision, but I held fast. I'm still not sure if it was the right decision to make, but its made now and theres no going back. bawling.gif
PM
wcs40110
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

I don't know if this is good news or bad news for you!?

Check this site out.

"Many women are surprised to hear that it is possible to begin breastfeeding again after a baby has weaned. "

http://www.artofbreastfeeding.com/relact.html

I knew I've read about this.. when I get bored I surf... and learn.
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Nov 18 2006, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

hug.gif hug.gif Sorry Tara. I know it's not completely to late, but I see how you could be upset. You know in your heart what decision is truly best for you.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

amynicole21
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 04:24 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I knew it would be hard for me to quit, thats one of the reasons I was so determined to keep BF. I went into a huge depression after weaning Ben from Breast milk too.
I was a little better yesterday. I haven't broken into uncontrollable sobs again. Poor DH doesn't know what to say to me. sad.gif
PM
CantWait
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Nov 19 2006, 09:29 AM)
I knew it would be hard for me to quit, thats one of the reasons I was so determined to keep BF. I went into a huge depression after weaning Ben from Breast milk too.
I was a little better yesterday. I haven't broken into uncontrollable sobs again. Poor DH doesn't know what to say to me. sad.gif

Tara, I'm only asking because I can see how totally heartbroken you are about the decision, but could you just pump for awhile, until you completely know the thrush on both ends has cleared up? hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (CantWait @ Nov 19 2006, 09:32 AM)
I was a little better yesterday. I haven't broken  into uncontrollable sobs again. Poor DH doesn't know what to say to me.  sad.gif

Tara, I'm only asking because I can see how totally heartbroken you are about the decision, but could you just pump for awhile, until you completely know the thrush on both ends has cleared up? hug.gif

I would love that, but my thrush is never going to clear up. I get it from my Asthma medications, and I can't quit taking those. I get it every 15-20 days with out fail since just after Ben was born. so, about 3 years. sleep.gif Any milk I give her will re-infect her. sleep.gif She has had it 3 times since halloween. That GV tastes awful, and it is so messy, I just can't stand doing that to her anymore. I know I made the right decision, but that doesn't make it any easier ya know? bawling.gif Oh well. She is going to be fine. Really, she prefers the bottle anyway. dry.gif little stinker. dry.gif laugh.gif
PM
ZandersMama
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I know it must be so hard for you hug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
CantWait
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Nov 19 2006, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (CantWait @ Nov 19 2006, 09:32 AM)
I was a little better yesterday. I haven't broken  into uncontrollable sobs again. Poor DH doesn't know what to say to me.  sad.gif

I would love that, but my thrush is never going to clear up. I get it from my Asthma medications, and I can't quit taking those. I get it every 15-20 days with out fail since just after Ben was born. so, about 3 years. sleep.gif Any milk I give her will re-infect her. sleep.gif She has had it 3 times since halloween. That GV tastes awful, and it is so messy, I just can't stand doing that to her anymore. I know I made the right decision, but that doesn't make it any easier ya know? bawling.gif Oh well. She is going to be fine. Really, she prefers the bottle anyway. dry.gif little stinker. dry.gif laugh.gif

Sorry Tara, I knew about your asthma, I just didn't realize that it could be passed through the milk. I thought it was more on the outter part of the breast, if that makes sense. I guess it would make sense though.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

I'm so sorry Tara hug.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
holley79
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

I'm sorry Tara. You did give her a great start though which will carry on forever. hug.gif

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif you did good. I am so proud of you for sticking with it as long as you did with all you had to deal with.Congrats to you for it.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 26 2006, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0247 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]