Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ok..its time, one yr and 3 days
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Nov 5 2006, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

its been one yr and three days, it is time to stop bfing .
i have been working on this for a month now, but honestly have been giving in either due to one of jakes illnesses, or else i am just to tired to fight him.

so we see the ped in the am, and we are going to ask what to do.
jake refuses to take anything but smooth food, usually stage two, and he has taken up to 5 jars a day but usually only 3 and only takes about 3 ounces of whole milk in a sippy cup, but i truely think he is just being lazy about it, i think he prefers to nurse, its easier and he gets to be close to mommy, where he prefers to be also.

but i find the need to get some distance at this point...
so as we talked before its time.

i am glad i made it to my goal, it was hard. but i think jake is in for some tough love as easy as i can make it...if that sounds possible.

i really could use some support here.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
CantWait
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Good Luck and congrats on making it this far.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

hug.gif hug.gif Good luck!

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

coasterqueen
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I wish you good luck.

I can't offer much more support than that because I truly don't think a child nurses out of convenience. How could a child of the age of 1 who can barely comprehend life understand being lazy? dunno.gif

I'm sure he likes the close comfort and feeling of protection you bring to him when nursing as well as the excellent nutrition you are providing. hug.gif

There are many ways to wean. I'm sure your doctor will just give the fastest most harsh way of doing it, as many doctors do. I, personally, would suggest a slower weaning process as it will not affect the child as badly. You also have to stick with it or else you will just confuse him. So if you are going to take the morning feeding away, then it needs to stay away or else confusion sets in and it will only affect him more.

Again, good luck. I wish the process to be a good one for the both of you. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
holley79
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

Congrats on making it this far. Goals when achieved are wonderful aren't they? My SIL is having a hard time weaning her son. She has gotten down to just night time feedings and he is 16 months old now. I hoep the ped is able to give you some answers.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
wcs40110
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

Slow and steady wins the race.
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Hope all goes well Stacy. I think you need to do what you feel most comfortable with. Jake will be fine. Goodness, Tanner was on all solid foods since 10 months and on whole milk since 12 months (and formula fed nonetheless) and he was/is one of the most healthiest kids I know, and not to mention pretty darn smart. His friend, who was breastfed until a year actually was and is way more sick than him. ALL KIDS ARE DIFFERENT no matter what. I'm not downplaying BFing, I am a supporter of it, but my point is that there is more to it than just that. There is no rule stating if you BF that you have to go past a certain mark. You did it for a whole year and that is more than many people. Good job! smile.gif I also understand the lazy part. I hate using that word, but kids do know at an early age what convenience is if they are given into...they are no more or less human than adults. It's almost like an instinct and natural reflex. I hope all goes well! Hopefully soon you'll be wiping your brow and sighing a breath of relief. hug.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0140 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]