Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Friday Weigh-In
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 212

I didn't see it so I'm going to go ahead and post it. I hope everyone had a good week.

My starting weight was 232.8. I weighed in at 227.0. So I lost 5.8 lbs in my first week.

Good job to all of the other losers this week! thumb.gif

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
booey2
  Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

thumb.gif Awesome work, don't cha just love the first week.

As for me I am up .2 of a pound and I am attributing it to the increase in activity that I am doing and plan on it being gone next week and taking some of it's friends with it. I am in a great place these days and am feeling totally in control of what I am doing.

Come on all those on this journey with us, step forward and share your week with us.

Terri smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Starting weight: 206
Today: 198

I will not take too much credit for this though. I started my new anti anxiety meds and one of the side effects is anorexia. (I know, DARN! rolleyes.gif ) While I love food too much to become anorexic, I have lost most of my appetite and so I'm not eating as much. thumb.gif The other side effect is thirst so I'm also drinking a ton of water.

PC addendum: I'm not making light of anorexia. I realize it's a serious disease. However in my case, a little touch of it is not necessarily a bad thing. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN

cameragirl21
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

i didn't realize there was a group diet thing going on here. Are all of you on some specific diet that you're all doing together?
my godson's mom went to see a doctor who specializes in weight loss and he gave her a diet on which she lost in excess of 60 pounds really fast (less than six months). She just gave me the diet and it's pretty doable for me. If I weren't a vegetarian it would be a piece of cake, no pun intended.
if anyone wants this diet let me know and i'll happily share it with anyone and everyone.
i don't know for sure if it's working for me because this is only my third day but it sure did work for my GS's mom.
take care, everyone and happy dieting....

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Starting weight: 146.8
Weight today: 146.8

No loss, no gain. blush.gif

I did great all week with eating and exercise but yesterday at lunch I caved and ate an Italian buffet which amounted to a LOT of points, but I made most of that up with working out and only having soup for dinner. Still was over on my points for the day but only by a few. blush.gif

Here's to another week. thumb.gif

CONGRATS TO ALL THE LOSERS THIS WEEK!!!!!

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Sep 29 2006, 05:53 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Today was my first WI. I'm at 156.8 happy.gif Exactly 10 lbs heavier than you, Karen. laugh.gif I shouldnt' be laughing at that. I want to lose these 10 lbs. But as I stated in my journal, it's been impossible for me to get under 150 since I had Ethan. sleep.gif

I exercised 4 days this week. I plan on going back up there today. That will make 5 for 5. thumb.gif

My eating could use more improvement, but it has improved quite a bit. It's just gonna take time.

Congrats to all the losers!!!! thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

This post has been edited by Maddie&EthansMom on Sep 29 2006, 05:58 AM
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Sep 29 2006, 08:58 AM)
Today was my first WI. I'm at 156.8 happy.gif Exactly 10 lbs heavier than you, Karen. laugh.gif I shouldnt' be laughing at that. I want to lose these 10 lbs. But as I stated in my journal, it's been impossible for me to get under 150 since I had Ethan. sleep.gif

I exercised 4 days this week. I plan on going back up there today. That will make 5 for 5. thumb.gif

My eating could use more improvement, but it has improved quite a bit. It's just gonna take time.

Congrats to all the losers!!!! thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

Hey you shouldn't be the one laughing. I was 139 earlier this year and swore I'd never ever see the 140's again. Well I didn't do good with that one. rolleyes.gif happy.gif

hug.gif You are also a lot taller than me wink.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Yeah, I think at my lowest I was 147...I can't remember and that's probably a good thing. tongue.gif I just get there for one day or one week and sabotage it. sad.gif

We'll both get back down. hug.gif Thanks for the encouragement.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Congrats to everyone here for just being here, to all the losers and maintainers great job keep it up, hugs to anyone who gains, you can do this.

Cameragirl (sorry I don't know your name), I think we are all doing our different things when it comes to taking off the weight, some are folowing WW other just doing there own things. We come here and post how we did as a way to support and encourage eachother.

Terri smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

Well I learned I cant use ANY of my flex points or I gain bawling.gif I used 10 flex points and I am up 1lb from last week bawling.gif I have been advoding them like the dont exist but I was sooo hungry the other day I used a few and a few the next day. NO more. I will just have to find lower point snacks that are FILLING for more than 1 hour.

makes me want to give up........ bawling.gif

congrats to the maintainers and losers thumb.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

hug.gif Di,hug.gif remember 1 day doesn't make your week. As for gaining that pound you would have had to eat an extra 2500 calories on top of your regular food this week. You will lose that pound and more next week. You can do it. :cheerlader:

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (booey2 @ Sep 29 2006, 10:46 AM)
hug.gif Di,hug.gif remember 1 day doesn't make your week. As for gaining that pound you would have had to eat an extra 2500 calories on top of your regular food this week. You will lose that pound and more next week. You can do it. :cheerlader:

Terri

so then I wonder why I gained.....I did not eat that much extra no way it was 2500 calories. HUMMMM

I will keep trying.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Di,

what are you eating for snacks if I might add? Maybe we can come up with some that might be good you haven't thought of and might help us figure out what isn't filling to you.

hug.gif Hang in there. Don't quit over one week. Believe me you'll regret it in the long run. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

I know I will....

I have things like carrotts, yougert, mini rice cakes, watermelon, canalope, bananna, apples, just started with 1 crunchy granola bar (thats working pretty well).

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

You know what I've been doing as far as snacking goes, this week? Well there is this LOVELY candy "aisle" here at work staring me in the face daily and I can't resist the peanut M&M's. SO in order to not pig out on them all day and to keep up with my water I made myself a deal. For each 16 ounce glass of water I drink I can have 3 peanut m&m's. Oddly enough this satisfies my cravings between meals and I get what I want.

What about popcorn?

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Di,
Try some protein at each snack and meal. It helps you feel fuller longer. Nuts are a good source but I find that a snack of graham crackers with a tablespoon of PB topped with apple slices will stick to my ribs for a good long while.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

Well I didnt' want to admit what I weighed b/c I had lost so much and I was so ashamed of it. And I still am.. I am at 153 again... I am so sad to weigh that
I loved 145 and it was a great weight..and I will be there again.

I lost 2lbs ti get to the 153! I need so much more..lol

--------------------
PM
mom2my2cuties
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,490

Can I join you guys??? I need the accountability and since I am being stuck on a diet no matter if I like it or not - might as well have some people loosing with me.

I hate to admit it - I have about 100lbs to loose. All of which were gained since Andy was born.

I have found that I managed to cut about 1000 calories out of my day to day diet -I believe in baby steps smile.gif

I can't do WW or anything like that because to me it makes no sense to make myself something different than what I make my family for meals.

So we are doing a lot of watching what we eat - taking many walks with Augie when I have the time which is sad right now because with the unpacking I haven't had a lot of time to run with him.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
booey2
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Di, have you been exercising lately, if you have you may not be eating enough food, or it could also be the amount of sodium in your diet that is making you hold onto your water. The other thing could be the amount of water you are drinking. If you drink water before you weigh in remember 1 litre (4 - 8oz glasses) is equal to a pound on the scale. So always finish drinking your water at least 6 hours before WI so you can flush it out. You can still drink but don't try and chug your daily requirement in before weighing yourself. rolling_smile.gif

Great ideas Karen, see we can all help each other out. thumb.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Sep 29 2006, 11:20 AM)
What about popcorn?

cant, not only does it not stick with me for long but I always seems to get one stuck in my back moler and boy does it HURT. thats for the idea though

I really think if I could have breaskfast later I woudl be better, I am having to at about 7am in order to get it in, other wise I woudl skip it. I need to find something to either eat later while I am driving Kait to school or once I get to work. On the weekends I find I am not hungry till 8:30a-9a.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Sep 29 2006, 11:25 AM)
Di,
Try some protein at each snack and meal. It helps you feel fuller longer. Nuts are a good source but I find that a snack of graham crackers with a tablespoon of PB topped with apple slices will stick to my ribs for a good long while.

sounds YUMMY and like ALOT of points and calories

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Sep 29 2006, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (kit_kats_mom @ Sep 29 2006, 11:25 AM)
Di,

sounds YUMMY and like ALOT of points and calories

it's not bad. 3 points for 2 sheets of grahams, 2 points for the PB and I say 1 point for the apple. So it is 6 points but then I usually eat veggies with some chicken or something for lunch so it's not too bad.

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:41 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

QUOTE (booey2 @ Sep 29 2006, 11:29 AM)
Di, have you been exercising lately, if you have you may not be eating enough food, or it could also be the amount of sodium in your diet that is making you hold onto your water. The other thing could be the amount of water you are drinking. If you drink water before you weigh in remember 1 litre (4 - 8oz glasses) is equal to a pound on the scale. So always finish drinking your water at least 6 hours before WI so you can flush it out. You can still drink but don't try and chug your daily requirement in before weighing yourself. rolling_smile.gif

Great ideas Karen, see we can all help each other out. thumb.gif

Terri

blush.gif not much working out....I weight in in the AM before water.

I will keep going and keep tring. I just wish it was not such a HARD battle.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well I was going to say that the working out has been my issue. After talking with Terri yesterday I realized I've been lowballing my AP's BIG TIME and so I think that is contributing to my very very slow weight loss. But if you are not working out then that can't be it.

Di, are you eating all your regular points? Then you are alloted 35 flex points for the week, right? Is that how you are doing WW? I found that when I was doing WW after Kylie and not exercising that I had to eat all my points, and I guess that would include flex. Back when I did it you had a point range (like 20 to 24) and then you got AP's. I always found I had to eat at the high end of my point range or I didn't lose. Others have found that they had to eat at the lower end to lose, etc.

I think eating breakfast later will really help you out. I don't eat til I get to work, which is between 8:15 and 8:30, so I'm finished about 8:45 to 9 am. If I ate at 7 am I would definitely be starving before lunch. Also I find that if I eat a bigger point breakfast (with protein) I can USUALLY (not always) muddle through the rest of the day eating with eating a low point lunch and a low point dinner. But I also have to stay busy at work and at home in order for that too happen.

Are you documenting what you eat so if there is a day you don't feel so hungry then you can see what you did then to help you out on other days?

Hang in there. I promise if you stick with it you will feel better, see results and get less hungry. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Well I found if I eat my daily points I will slowly drop, but the one time I allowed flex to be used I gained. SO I can only figure I need to net eat them or maybe if I go into them I have to eat them all, not sure I guess right now I am still tring to figure that out. I had lost 4lbs the first 2 weeks back on it by only eating my 22 allowed points for each day, but this week I ate 10 of the flex points over 2 days and gained 1lb.

what kind of things so you take to work for breakfast? I think thats where I need to start, shift my eating schedul so I dont feel so 'starving' by the time I get home.

I dont always right down the exact thing I ate, usaully just subtractt he points. I will have to start doing that.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0292 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]