Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anyone taking their teenage daughter to "Thirteen"
Posted: Aug 9 2004, 11:48 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

QUOTE (DansMom @ Aug 9 2004, 09:25 AM)
I think it totally depends on where you grow up regionally and where you go to school, rather than the time period. I went to high school in the late 70's, and there was a lot of pressure in my high school to lose your virginity or say you did. Of course, this was before AIDS was a known threat. I felt this social expectation (from other girls, not from the boys at all, who were mostly just scared of us!) starting when I was about 13. Of course at that age I thought I was pretty grown up---it's very scary to look back on that. I admit that I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out that I was having a boy---not that they can't get into big trouble, but it just feels less scary to me to think about those teen years. Drugs were drug use was a HUGE problem, so I think the culture of a particular school is an important influence.

The teenage girls in Ann Arbor dress so scantily it shocks me. Some of the schools around here have instituted dress codes. I swear, if they hadn't, some of these girls would be wearing underwear to class. The boys, in contrast, wear everything 5 sizes too big. Yikes. Anyway, I saw a 14 year old boy the other day with about 5 piercings in his face. I thought, OMG did he do this with his parents' permission? Of course, when I was 14, I would have just said it was "awesome" or "gross". wacko.gif

5 piercings eh???? kinda wierd.. lol he is probably the bad kind.

But rite now there is a lot of pressure for losing ur viriginity aswell, well actually its not the virginity really....its pressure to be more open and not to be frigid. If ur a virgin then that fine, well atleast in my sckool, but if u havent had ur first kiss and ur in 8th grade... thats like.... WOW super unkool, i personaly dont care, i dont make kids do this i actually respect the girls who are not sleeping around and getting off with every other guy. But now it is VERY easy to earn the reputation of a slut so u have to be careful, so basically.. if they pressure u into losing ur virginity and then u DO lose it then they call u a slut, so we really dont know what to do. Ive learned to handle theses things with people. I used to be called a slut and i had a huge go at the guys and they stopped pretty quickly. In my skool u just have to have something to say, if u just ignor them then nothing will change, u have to shut their mouths!! but eh....I go to one of the best schools in kiev, its a private small school. It basically consists of children that are kids of embassadors and chiefs so its a good skool and the kids come from good families but there are still big problems with stealing, drinking , drugs and smoking.
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 9 2004, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

QUOTE (Guest @ Aug 9 2004, 02:48 PM)
QUOTE (DansMom @ Aug 9 2004, 09:25 AM)
I think it totally depends on where you grow up regionally and where you go to school, rather than the time period.  I went to high school in the late 70's, and there was a lot of pressure in my high school to lose your virginity or say you did.  Of course, this was before AIDS was a known threat.  I felt this social expectation (from other girls, not from the boys at all, who were mostly just scared of us!) starting when I was about 13.  Of course at that age I thought I was pretty grown up---it's very scary to look back on that.  I admit that I breathed a sigh of relief when I found out that I was having a boy---not that they can't get into big trouble, but it just feels less scary to me to think about those teen years.  Drugs were drug use was a HUGE problem, so I think the culture of a particular school is an important influence.

The teenage girls in Ann Arbor dress so scantily it shocks me.  Some of the schools around here have instituted dress codes.  I swear, if they hadn't, some of these girls would be wearing underwear to class.  The boys, in contrast, wear everything 5 sizes too big.  Yikes.  Anyway, I saw a 14 year old boy the other day with about 5 piercings in his face.  I thought, OMG did he do this with his parents' permission?  Of course, when I was 14, I would have just said it was "awesome" or "gross".  wacko.gif

5 piercings eh???? kinda wierd.. lol he is probably the bad kind.

But rite now there is a lot of pressure for losing ur viriginity aswell, well actually its not the virginity really....its pressure to be more open and not to be frigid. If ur a virgin then that fine, well atleast in my sckool, but if u havent had ur first kiss and ur in 8th grade... thats like.... WOW super unkool, i personaly dont care, i dont make kids do this i actually respect the girls who are not sleeping around and getting off with every other guy. But now it is VERY easy to earn the reputation of a slut so u have to be careful, so basically.. if they pressure u into losing ur virginity and then u DO lose it then they call u a slut, so we really dont know what to do. Ive learned to handle theses things with people. I used to be called a slut and i had a huge go at the guys and they stopped pretty quickly. In my skool u just have to have something to say, if u just ignor them then nothing will change, u have to shut their mouths!! but eh....I go to one of the best schools in kiev, its a private small school. It basically consists of children that are kids of embassadors and chiefs so its a good skool and the kids come from good families but there are still big problems with stealing, drinking , drugs and smoking.

Stand up for what you believe in sweetie because someday it will make a difference! (((hugs))) for all you have to go through even in a "good" school!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
allstarkid12
Posted: Feb 10 2005, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,371

i am 12 and i dont have sex or make out with my bf but i do no people who do. My friend is 13 and she is pregnant. All i am trying to say is that not everyone is stupid like other people and have sex at age 12.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0084 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]