Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> To Halo42101, and anyone else!
Liz_Kaitlyns_Mama
  Posted: Jun 9 2006, 10:31 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,765

Hi, thanks so much for writing! I can't seem to find your story...would you mind telling me? I was so grateful to get Eli's teddy bear...mom said that he layed right beside Elijah the whole time the nurses were waiting for me to get well enough to see him (about 2 days). Even though I don't remember holding my baby, my parents took tons of pictures for me to have. I was really, really sick and almost died myself. If Elijah would've been delievered about 4 minutes before he was he would be alive today but he would've had severe brain damage b/c while we were both very sick (preeclampsia) he also had his head pressed against his cord but nobody knew. I'm so grateful that he lived & died inside of me. They tried to save him but his heart never beat again. I was in the hospital a good while...my mom had Eli cremated. She told me that I said I was taking him home, dead or alive so thats what she did. Some of my friends were a little freaked out by that but they don't understand. I don't remember anything from the hospital. There are pictures of me stroking Eli's hair & smiling at him. I don't remember. I do have them if you'd like to see sometime. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about him. It really hurt the most after Kaitlyn was born b/c I then really realized what I missed with him. He turned 2 just 5 days before Kaitlyn was born. I love him so much. Okay, I don't want to cry now... sad.gif I took a picture earlier today of Eli's and Kaitlyn's teddies! I'm going to send this msg to you plus put in on the board so I can share their bears. Here it is:
user posted image
The first is Kaitlyn's. Kaity-bear is wearing her hat from the hospital. Around her neck is her first pacifier & a Christmas ornament her daddy bought from the hospital.
The second is Elijah's. Eli-bear is wearing his hat from the hospital. The metal circle around his neck is his ID# from the funeral home that cremated him. It says "Cox 1504". Cox is the name of the place.
The plastic card is also from the crematory. It has his name, date of birth, stuff like that...
And last, there is a small card like says, "I Love You" and my mom took that off of a rose his daddy got for me before I was pregnant. Eli's daddy wasn't there for me at all. I was only 16 (and 17) years old. He was 21 and much more of a child than me. My mom still wanted to put the card on my Eli-bear b/c it was something from his daddy, even though he didn't want my son sad.gif
(Just to let you know what a terrible person he was, he got another girl pregnant when I was 4 months along. He moved away with her & I never heard from him again-but THAT doesn't matter to me anymore. I love Darrell & Kaitlyn and Elijah was MY son. I love my little baby boy.)

Anyway, just wanted to share some of my story. There's so much more detail but I don't want to go on & on.

hug.gif Liz hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Liz: 20, Darrell (SO): 23
Kaitlyn: 9-months (born 11-29-05)
Baby Girl (thinkin' about "Emily") Due 01-05-07
From Auburn, Alabama
Angel baby Elijah James, stillborn 11-24-03 @ 38 weeks
Angel identical twins, Miscarried 01-05

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Halo42101
Posted: Jun 10 2006, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,035

Such sweet bears. Tfs the picture of your beloved bears. I PMed you my story, Liz. God bless & be with your family.
PMEmail Poster
ashtonsmama
Posted: Jun 10 2006, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

What a hard thing to go through, Liz. I'm so sorry, what a hard time. Prayers for all of you who have lost babies.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0084 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]