Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Feeling sad tonight
~Roo'sMama~
  Posted: May 1 2006, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

I was talking to my sister on the phone today - I'd called her about something and we just started talking, and she started talking about how sick she is (she's almost 9 weeks pregnant - I was due the week before she is) and all I could think was how much I'd give to have morning sickness right now. I do feel bad for her because she gets horrible m/s, but I wouldn't care if I felt like I was dying. At least she knows that her baby is ok. She also mentioned that she's having her first prenatal appointment soon, and of course that made me think about how I found out I was going to miscarry only 2 days before what was supposed to be my first prenatal appointment. sad.gif

It feels so unfair and just plain wrong. I wish this had never happened and I had my baby. I never got to feel it kicking or see it on an ultrasound, except for the u/s we had in the ER after it had already died. sleep.gif I'm never going to be able to hold my baby - it's going to be so hard when my sister has hers and my arms are so empty. bawling.gif I feel so mixed up... I want my baby back so badly, but I also really want to get pg again. I feel like I'm being unfaithful to my baby, but I think that getting pg again will help me move on. Or maybe I'm just trying to feel this empty feeling ~ I don't know. sleep.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
jacobsmama
Posted: May 1 2006, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

hug.gif hug.gif awww sara hug.gif hug.gif

I know that pain and emptiness will take a long time to heal and I think the best thing to do is when you feel that pain and sorrow grab ahold of your baby boy and just hold him and remember what you do have here on earth hug.gif hug.gif I know that doesn't make it better but I think it will help you get through this very hard time. And don't feel that having another baby is being unfair it isn't, you are a great mother and you will be a great mother again. YOU COULDN'T HAVE CHANGED ANYTHING OR DONE ANYTHING DIFFERENT TO PREVENT THIS.... that is a very important part of your healing.... hug.gif hug.gif Sara hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
mummy2girls
Posted: May 1 2006, 07:15 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

oh hun((((HUGS))))

I know exactly what you are feeling hun! And i feel for your pain! My brother GF was pregnant same time i was with Jordan. When i Lost him I felt at loss for words! Hearing her talk about her pains she is feeling and all her m/s was hard on me! And then when i saw the baby after he was born was soooo hard!

My advice... Take it at your one pace. Please dont feel you have to hold that baby right after he/she is born. Let your sister know that you loove your niece/nephew but that you have to accept the baby at your own pace. be honest with her... and if she truely does care about your feelings she will understand. It took me a few motnhs to bond with my nephew. I told my brother and his GF that they cant push him on me or ill resent him. To let me do it at my own pace and they understood. Some people will push a newborn on you thinking it will heal the pain of what you lost. They dont mean to be mean they just dont know how to handle the stuation.

I wish i was there to give you a hug(((HUGS))))

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN

kayla's mama
Posted: May 1 2006, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Go Cardinals!!!!

Member No.: 2,015

Oh hun hug.gif hug.gif I know the pain you are going through. That emptiness in your heart everytime you see a precious baby or a pg lady. It took me a while to get over that emptiness. I didn't get over it until I was past my 6 month mark with Kayla.
I agree with Shelly, take your new neice or nephew at your own pace. I'm sure your sister will understand.
My heart is going out to you. Stay strong hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Brandi~~wife to Jason and Mom to Kayla

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: May 2 2006, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my sister will understand when the time comes. I'm sure it will be hard, but hopefully by the time she has her baby I'll be ready to hold him or her. Hopefully I'll be pg by then too and maybe that will take some of the sting away.

I don't know if my sister would even have been talking about her pg to me if I hadn't told her in the beginning that I didn't want her to feel like she can't talk to me... I didn't want her joy to feel overshadowed by my pain. I just don't want to give the impression that she is being insensitive. wink.gif So, I don't want her to feel like she can't say anything about her pg to me, and I really don't want to miss out on this time in her life either - I know she was wanting another baby for a long time, but it's still hard.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
b&bsmom
Posted: May 2 2006, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,757

((((HUGS))))) I am so sorry you have to go through this. I can not imagine what it must feel like. I agree take it at your own pace and it sounds like your sister is senstive to what you are feeling. I know you have heard this before but things happen for a reason and this just wasn't the right time for you. Give your little one at home big hugs and enjoy your time with him. When the time is right you will have another little one to hold. Lots of thoughts and prayers your way hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif Stay strong and hang in there.

--------------------
user posted image]user posted image user posted image
Stacy wife to Jim and mom to Brittany 6/24/99 and Bryce 9/9/02

I've been hit Snowball fight 2006
PMEmail PosterAOL
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 2 2006, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

hug.gif Sisters are the BEST at understanding these type of situations (I know, because I have one), so don't hesitate to tell her exactly how you feel and that you may need some space when her baby arrives. Or even if she's talking a little too much about PG symptoms. I imagine she is perfectly fine with you saying that you need to change the subject. I wish I could take the pain away for you Sara. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0095 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]