Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> teething question?, help!!
ediep
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

wacko.gif
Jason usually sleeps through the night without waking. His regular night is from about 8pm to 6am. Last night he was up twice crying. He wasn't hungry, I just held him and rocked him and he went back to sleep. My question is....how di I know if he is teething. He seems to have all of the signs that I've read about...slight runny nose, not too much interest in eating, chewing on everything...but no teeth!! He seems so tired today but he won't let me put him down. He has no fever so I don't think he is sick. Does this sound like teething?

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

You sound like me two months ago. I had the same signs and asked the same question with Ashley.

And, my suspicions were right, the Ped confirmed she was teething at her 6 months appt. She said Ashley is what they call "a bad teether". She was cranky and couldn't sleep either. It took her two months to finally cut her teeth.

I couldn't see the teeth, but the Ped shined a small flashlight on her gums and pointed out little white dots. Those were her teeth! I never would have known what to look for!

Our Ped recommended baby oragel. I couldn't get her to use the cold teethers, but a cold washcloth worked.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
momofajcl
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Sounds like Jason very well could be teething. I agree w/the above...baby orajel works well. I've also hear raves about Hyland's Teething tablets. Haven't tried them though but a lot of people I know rave about them.

--------------------
Heather - mommy to 3 boys
Andrew (1/24/96)
Christian (1/16/98)
& Nicholas (9/20/02)

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!
user posted image

Roxworld
  Posted: Apr 3 2003, 12:52 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 80

I don't have much advise on whether he is teething or not.....too much of a newbie mom wacko.gif it sounds like it though, from what i've seen friends go through. one thing I can tell you though, is that those Hyland's teething tablets worked wonders for my friend and her son. my MIL kept telling me that she used them for my dh and his 2 bros, and that they were a life saver....so i told my friend about them, and she confirmed it. Several of my friends said that the orajel washes off too fast....but it doesn't hurt to try all suggestions....what works for one may not for another....HTH, and Good Luck!!!

--------------------
Roxane and Aidan 12/23/02
Aidans page ¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
PMEmail PosterAOL
CantWait
Posted: Apr 3 2003, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Also look to see if he's got a slight fever, or if his cheeks are a little rosey cool.gif Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time for the teeth to poke through.
Good Luck!!!

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

Thanks everyone for your advice. Although yesterday was a tough day, Jason slept well last night. I have tylenol, oragel, and hylands teething tablets on hand for today! dry.gif

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 4 2003, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

his cheeks are a little rosey
Ashley's cheeks got really rosey!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0142 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]