Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> DS wont stay still while nursing, whats going on??
Jeannie00
Posted: Aug 21 2005, 04:07 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,066

k, i dunno if any of you have or are going through this, but, my soon to be 6 month old the 26th DS here lately will not be still while nursing, he is constantly fidgiting, kicking, pinching my non nursing boob, and just wont be still while nursing. Ive never been through the weaning stage, so i dunno if this is what hes doing or what. But when he does nurse, he only nurses for like 10 mins at a time, and the whole time hes real fidgety, and wont be still, sometimes he acts dis-interested, so i try to keep offering but he seems not to want to eat. whats going on??? Is my DS self weaning or what??? I hope not, hes only 6 months , Or could it be something else. I always change his diaper before his feedings, i try to go somewhere quiet and less distracting from my five and three and a half year old daughters hehe, and hes still real squrimy, i dont know whats going on, Is he weaning himself????

user posted image
PMEmail PosterICQYahooMSN
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Aug 21 2005, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
NummyMommy
Posted: Aug 21 2005, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 2,296

I personally have never heard/nor had any experience with self weaning...however, except for my oldest, all my kids became wiggle worms when they got to that age....as far as I could tell its a developmental stage...they are eager to learn and explore....sitting still is just not easy. Anyways at this age babies are usually very good at nursing and it does tend to take them less time to suck down a meal then it used to.....my second son would nurse really hard and fast for 5-10 minutes then be off to destroy the house. Remember to let him finish each breast before switching...even if he takes a couple of feedings to do it. Be sure he is gaining well and has no illness (sometimes due to ear pressure or teething some babies resist nursing). I highly recommend joining a La Leche League group in your area. Here is a list by state....at the very least the leader can talk to you over the phone. They also have internet groups you might join. If you don't feel comfortable with that there are also lactation counsultants who are certified in dealing with any BFing problem. Look in your phone book under "lactation" or call your local health department (WIC should have a list)
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 21 2005, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Yep, check out the link. Megan is EXTREMELY distractible right now. wacko.gif Drives me crazy. She's constantly popping off and on and since her latch isn't great (we are working on it) my nips are very very sore to begin with. dry.gif I've resorted to laying down a lot with Megan. Especially if Kylie is wired and running around like a mad woman because Megan just won't settle down to nurse. So I take her into our bedroom and we lay in the dark on our bed and just nurse. When we are restaurants I'll try to nurse her but we don't get much accomplished, lol.

If you haven't tried, try a nursing necklace. I need to get mine out. A friend had me a special one made for Megan. I made my own with Kylie.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Aug 21 2005, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

When I was nursing Anthony, he started to go through that also, good luck.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Tamatha
Posted: Aug 22 2005, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 760

Karen, what's a nursing necklace?

--------------------
--Tam

"It does no good to sit up and take notice if you just keep on sitting!" -Anonymous

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 22 2005, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (Tamatha @ Aug 22 2005, 09:13 AM)

Tammy

A nursing necklace is just a long necklace you wear that has beads on it appealing to baby. Babies will play with it while they nurse, therefore keeping their attention towards your face/chest and hopefully keeping them latched on. I made my own with Kylie by getting good string and plastic beads from the craft store. The nursing necklace didn't work out so well with her because she was so hyper she'd yank at the thing and about take my neck off. rolleyes.gif So I'd take it off and let her hold it while she nursed and that worked out ok. She still likes to wear the darn thing to this day, lol.

With Megan a friend had one made for me with Megan's name and 'mom' on it. It's cute.

Here's a pic of one I pulled off the internet. The beauty of these are you can order them, there's so many people out there that make them OR you can custom make one yourself to suit your style and baby's style. I am not a crafty person at all and I made one. Not exactly pretty, but it worked, lol. And you can make them DIRT cheap!

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
NummyMommy
Posted: Aug 22 2005, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 2,296

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Aug 22 2005, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (Tamatha @ Aug 22 2005, 09:13 AM)

Tammy

A nursing necklace is just a long necklace you wear that has beads on it appealing to baby. Babies will play with it while they nurse, therefore keeping their attention towards your face/chest and hopefully keeping them latched on. I made my own with Kylie by getting good string and plastic beads from the craft store. The nursing necklace didn't work out so well with her because she was so hyper she'd yank at the thing and about take my neck off. rolleyes.gif So I'd take it off and let her hold it while she nursed and that worked out ok. She still likes to wear the darn thing to this day, lol.

With Megan a friend had one made for me with Megan's name and 'mom' on it. It's cute.

Here's a pic of one I pulled off the internet. The beauty of these are you can order them, there's so many people out there that make them OR you can custom make one yourself to suit your style and baby's style. I am not a crafty person at all and I made one. Not exactly pretty, but it worked, lol. And you can make them DIRT cheap!

OMGoodness thats such an awesome idea....wish I had heard of it when I had my second....would have saved a lot of work on my part LOL rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0079 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]