Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Does/Did anyone have a quiet one?
coasterqueen
  Posted: Aug 8 2005, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Megan still can scream way beyond the speed of sound biggrin.gif cool.gif but we've learned just how to deal with her sensory issues and things have gotten much much better. When she's not screaming she's really a very happy baby, although I think teething (if that's what it is) is making her more crabby than I'd like her to be. happy.gif

Anyways, I've noticed that she's not a very vocal baby. Sure she makes a few noises here and there and when she does we can really get her laughing or *talking* but it's no where NEAR what Kylie used to do at this age. There are soooo many milestones that Megan has just not gotten to that Kylie was doing for quite awhile at this age. sad.gif I know she was a month early and her PED has warned me on numerous occassions blush.gif that she might lag behind and that's ok. He's also said that she's doing very well at this age and is not concerned. But I am. For gosh sakes I'm her mother and I worry about everything. It's my right. tongue.gif cool.gif

But this whole vocal thing has gotten me worried of course. blush.gif But then I started to think maybe she's just going to be a quiet one, which in some ways would be a breath of fresh air from what her sister is. emlaugh.gif

Has anyone else noticed their little one was a bit quiet and it delayed their speech later on? Just curious.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Aug 8 2005, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

besides screaming, James really never said much. i worried too, but one thing to keep in mind... second kids are often quiet because big bro/sis does a lot of talking for them lol. James really only started yapping this past yr and he just turned 7yo in april. when he started school, the teachers were impressed at how smart he actually was because he never said BOO! so developmentally, he was surpassing his expectations, we just didn't know because he was so quiet. try not to worry to much grouphug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 8 2005, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Oh hun she is fine!! Alyssa was kinda quiet she didn't really cry very much and she was really happy.. but she had her moments... A girlfriend of mine had an early baby too (born a month early like Megan) and he isn't rolling over or really making much noise either (and he does NOT like baby cereal which I told her not to worry about what they said at the health department and just wait a while) anyway he is on about the same development as Megan. AND Jeremiah was born a month early he was a VERY sick child and hardly ever ate, he stayed small/underweight until he was about 8 years old BUT today he is extremely smart and he did well in school. So try not to worry!! hug.gif hug.gif

This post has been edited by alyssa'smommy on Aug 8 2005, 07:37 AM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

mammag
Posted: Aug 8 2005, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

Cade was like that. Even right when he was born, he barely cried, more of a fuss. He is still just a much mellower child. It could be just her personality. I know it's hard not to worry and compare but they are really all different and I'm sure she is just fine.

hug.gif

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
jacobsmama
Posted: Aug 8 2005, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

My best friend has a daughter who is the same way the ped says she is fine but she also gets worried b/c she is quiet. But She is now 1 and starting to say alot more and screaming alot more...... so I think she will be fine. She will get LOUD when she is ready. Don't worry. wub.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0075 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]