Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Breakfast
TLCDad
Posted: Mar 28 2005, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

I saw some posts before the new forums about how important breakfast is while your dieting.

I have a big problem then because theres alot of time I get too busy, sleep in, etc that I miss breakfast. What kind of effect is this having on my dieting plans?

Thanks
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 28 2005, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I'm not real sure of the effects, but I do know it's supposed to be important. I, for one, can't skip breakfast. I'd go insane. tongue.gif

How about grabbing a granola bar or a piece of fruit for breakfast while you are on the "run". That way you get something quick and healthy and don't skip breakfast. dunno.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
ammommy
Posted: Mar 28 2005, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Member No.: 1,117

I find that I lose weight if I eat breakfast and hang onto it if I don't. I've started either grabbing a Nutragrain bar or drinking an instant breakfast type of drink to get some nutrition in me. The down side of that is that I get hungry sooner dry.gif

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 28 2005, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I think I've heard something to the effect that your body has more energy to burn calories throughout the day if you eat a healthy breakfast... also then you're not as inclined to over eat at lunch. I never ate breakfast before I got pg - now I'm in the habit and I can't live without it. tongue.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Josie83
Posted: Mar 28 2005, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

I heard that having breakfast kickstarts your metablism into gear so that its working for the rest of the day which may be why it helps to lose weight. Also, your brain needs the nutrients to work to its fullest. I was always told that breakfast was the most important meal of the day! wink.gif xx
PMEmail Poster
Boys r us
Posted: Mar 30 2005, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Alliebelle & Mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 378

Well, my thoughts on this are as follows, if you're sleeping through what most of us would call breakfast, then lunch IS your breakfast tongue.gif

But as for the times when you're up and just busy, try to eat some fruit or a breakfast bar on the run!

--------------------
NICHOLE
Wife to Rick and Mommy to my 3 loves..Tanner, Braedon and Alexandra MiaBella
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PM
TLCDad
Posted: Apr 2 2005, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Thanks everyone. I will now try to always have at least a breakfast bar or something when I first get up.

Unfortuantly, another one of my weak problems is that I tend to stay up late but still get up fairly early which makes me want a nap during lunch or something. I pretty sure this is one reason I can seem to loose the weight I want to.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0085 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]