Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Newbie joining here, anyone from Aug 2002?
victoire2002
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

Wow, this is a great site. I was just looking at Parentsplace.com, and noticed this site was in someone's message. Is this where everyone has migrated to?????

Vicki and Aidan
smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

Hi and welcome, wavey.gif

My name is Charlene , first time mom to Madison. I am also from pp, but I was always on the Sept2002 boards, just ended up delivering in August. biggrin.gif
Hope you enjoy yourself here, everyone is great and everyone pretty much posts everywhere. You can always click on Todays Topics on the top right of the screen and that will give you the most recent posts.

Hope to talk to you soonand get to know you, have fun posting. biggrin.gif
PM
~CrazieMama~
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 175

Hello, welcome to the board. Glad to have a new face. Please feel free to post anywhere and ask questions when you need to. My name is Michelle by the way. wavey.gif
PM

victoire2002
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 198

Hi all, I guess I will do the introductions, then. I am a SAHM, but I used to be a Marketing Manager for a technology company in Dallas, TX. I am 33 years old, soon to be 34! I had my baby Aidan in August 2002, and I have been loving every minute of being a mother.

I do have a question for y'all. I am taking Aidan to get his lead testing done, and I am downright SCARED to go in!! I have been putting it off for weeks now. We live in an old house, and DH did some renovations recently. I guess I am just worried about the possibility of any lead contamination. How do they take the blood, and how did your kids react???

BTW, can't wait to meet all of you.

Thanks a bunch,

Vicki and Aidan

unsure.gif biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

I wish I could help you about the lead test but I have no clue about it. Someone here will help you though, and I would love to hear about it myself.

PM
~CrazieMama~
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 175

Hmmmmmmmm, good question. I am not sure about the lead testing, but I do know that when they draw blood from your baby, it is only a finger prick and the blood is squeezed out and goes into a small tube. Only a small amount is used. That is what the doctor did when they tested my Brianna's blood for iron. She did not like the prick. As for the lead, I am not sure what it intails. Sorry I could not help you there. Maybe someone here could have more info for you.
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Hi Vicki wavey.gif and Welcome!

It's nice to meet you. I am Dee Dee, I am a first time mommy to Ashley. We missed the August club by a few days, my DD was born 9/5/02. My original due date was labor day though...LOL. We are pretty casual here and post in any of the forums. You can use the Today's Topics at the top of the page to see the new posts.

As for the lead testing, I don't have a clue. But, I remember someone else saying something about having that done at their last check up, I just can't remember who it was.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Jun 8 2003, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Hi Vicki wavey.gif

Welcome to Parenting Club - everyone here is so friendly and helpful, I am sure you'll find someone with an answer to your question. I've never had any of my kids tested, my doc has never recommended it. Guess that is maybe something I need to ask next time at the docs -

I'm Beverly, we live in Pittsburg, KS (very SE corner of the state). I've got four, their names and ages are in my sig file, so I won't repeat myself.

Hope to get to know you better.

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Jun 9 2003, 03:24 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wavey.gif
Hello, and welcome! My name is Mollie, my DH is Shane; I have 3 boys from my first marriage, and Shane & I have a daughter together. They are Logan, almost 10, Quentin 8, Ethan 3 1/2, and Hannah Rose, almost 14 months. We live in northern Minnesota, very rural!

As for the lead screen, they just prick their finger and collect it in a small tube. Hannah had it done at her 1 year check-up. She didn't cry at all when they poked her finger! She was watching so intensely, I don't think she felt it! I was waiting for the screaming to begin! We got our results in the mail, because it takes a few days to run the test. Also it was normal, so Dr. didn't bother calling us. It's pretty casual up here; everybody knows everybody. But if there was something wrong, Dr. would call you, I imagine. I'm not sure what the treatment is if it's positive.

HTH! And welcome again! Look forward to getting to know you better!
Heather
Posted: Jun 9 2003, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

So nice to be back :)

Member No.: 134

Hello!! and Welcome!! wavey.gif I am Heather, 24. My husband's name is Jason, and he is 25. I am a WOHM. I have one daughter named Alison who was born on July 4th, 2002. Hope to get to know you more as well!!! Take care!!!

--------------------
Heather

PMAOL
ediep
Posted: Jun 9 2003, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

hi and welcome! wavey.gif
Looking forward to getting to know you.....

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0170 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]