Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Do you use cloth or disposable diapers, (poll, no flames please)

Do you use cloth or disposable diapers
Cloth [ 2 ]  [11.11%]
Disposible [ 16 ]  [88.89%]
Other (who knows) [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Jacqueline_n_Alyssas_Mom
  Posted on Jun 5 2003, 05:24 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 196

I am sure that this has been asked before, but being I am new forgive me, I use disposible diapers myself, I had thoughts with this little one of going to cloth, even looked at them, priced them etc, there are no diaper services around here so I would be responsible to clean and wash them myself, and let me tell you, I already have MOUNTAINS of laundry bawling.gif So why add to the pile.

and oh I have a very weak stomach puke.gif when it comes to dirty diapers, its amazing how well I have done the last few years laugh.gif

enough rambling~

~j

--------------------
~Jessica
Mom to an Angel 3/00
Mom to Jacqueline 1-09-01
Mom to Alyssa 6-03-02

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Disposable here too. Just for convenience!

I already have MOUNTAINS of laundry  So why add to the pile.

Oh Boy can I relate!

Don't worry about being flamed, everyone here is soo nice. I don't think anyone would flame you for asking a question that has been asked before. Besides, we have a lot of new people, it would be interesting to see what they say too!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
maliksmommy
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 05:49 AM
Quote Post

Momma's little guy:)

Member No.: 106

We use disposable here, I don't think my stomach could handle cleaning cloth diapers! The diapers we use are pretty unexpensive so it's not too bad.

--------------------
***Diann and Malik 9/4/2002***
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo

ediep
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

we use disposable here too!! There is no way that I could handle washing cloth diapers everyday. puke.gif

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Like I mentioned in my welcome to you...there are no flames here.

I use disposable also, and like you, checked out Cloth vs. disposable. Sure, cloth seems to be all around better for the environment and for the babyMs bum etc...but I just don't want to a) wash them...and cool.gif pay to have someone wash them.

Disposables it is! smile.gif

Besides.... I get the huggies points.... lol

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

disposabe here also

I never considered cloth did not want to wash them!

besides I have only bought 3 packs of dipers myself, got a lot at the showers and grandma (MIL) buys alot of them! Oh she is 5 months old!

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
supermom
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

With my very first one, I used cloth ones trying to save money - I was a college student at 25, and we were not poor, but definatley penny pinching - so I asked for cloth as shower gifts, and didn't buy any myself. That lasted for less than 6 months because we did so much traveling with the babe and it was so inconvenient to have to find somewhere to rinse them out, etc, etc.....

I still have them, they make great dust rags and car wash cloths (he's now 18 years old !!) but we never went back to using them......

And ya, what everyone else said - we just don't DO flames here - smile.gif

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
booey2
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

We use disposable, did some research at first and disposable won. And now our local government has started a green bin recycling program which recycle most of the household wet garbage including feminine products and diapers (baby and adult) yeah. banana.gif banana.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Jacqueline_n_Alyssas_Mom
  Posted on Jun 5 2003, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 196

blush.gif Hey I told you I just got off a bad board trip LOL! Flaming seemed the name of the game, but I am so glad I found this place !

wub.gif I am gonna have to spread the word....

~J

--------------------
~Jessica
Mom to an Angel 3/00
Mom to Jacqueline 1-09-01
Mom to Alyssa 6-03-02

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Heather
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 07:17 AM
Quote Post

So nice to be back :)

Member No.: 134

I wanted to use cloth too...but my DH didn't want to use the diaper services because he was afraid that Ali's things would touch other baby's things...he is very picky. LOL And I was not going to wash those pooey diapers.. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Heather

PMAOL
Schnoogly
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Member No.: 82

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jun 5 2003, 07:41 AM)
We use disposable, did some research at first and disposable won. And now our local government has started a green bin recycling program which recycle most of the household wet garbage including feminine products and diapers (baby and adult) yeah. banana.gif banana.gif

That's cool--if we had diaper recycling around here I might consider disposables.

But I love my cloth diapers! I don't do the pinned prefolds--too much work. I buy the fitted snap on ones with snap on covers. They are so soft, fit great, and I don't rinse them in the toilet or anything. I just put them all, poop and all, in the wash every 2-3 days and do one cycle on cold then one cycle on hot with detergent. And they come out perfect! You don't have to do toilet dunking--I agree, that's gross!!!

Later when the poop is more solid I have flushable liners that go in which I can just flush down the toilet.

Not to flame, but cloth is easier than many people think! (But it is expensive up front if you get fancy like I did)

Steph

--------------------
Steph, mom to Iain born 12/24/02 whose heart was fixed 3-20-03
Iain's page & heart story & one ^i^ 9/04
user posted image
Schnoogly
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

QUOTE (alismomma @ Jun 5 2003, 08:17 AM)
I wanted to use cloth too...but my DH didn't want to use the diaper services because he was afraid that Ali's things would touch other baby's things...he is very picky. LOL And I was not going to wash those pooey diapers.. rolling_smile.gif

You know the services use this 180 degree water and antibacterial treatment so they are really quite sanitary. I wanted to get the service but they don't deliver out here. But I am glad I didn't because I get to choose what kind of diapers I use. It really isn't as gross to wash them as you think--I touch poop a lot more often when we do use disposables because they leak all over! (he uses disposies sometimes when we go to the doctor since they don't like to weigh him in cloth ones)

Steph

--------------------
user posted image
Heather
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

So nice to be back :)

Member No.: 134

OH yes, I tried to explain to him about how sanitary they were, but you really can't change his mind...he is pretty hard headed...

--------------------
Heather

PMAOL
Schnoogly
  Posted on Jun 5 2003, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Forgot to add that I also use cloth wipes. The company that makes my diapers (kissaluvs) also has these awesome terry washcloth wipes that I put in an old pampers wipe container with some water, tea tree oil, and a little dr bronners lavender. Then I have a wrap around wipe warmer that keeps the wipes nice and warm so I always have a warm washcloth to wipe his butt! The cloth grabs the poop so much better than any paper wipe I have tried (and I tried some expensive ones like the mustela wipes!) The wipes then go with the diapers into the pail and are washed with them.

Steph

--------------------
user posted image

Mommieto2Girls
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

We use disposables here also. I think I always had the fear that cloth would leak all over the house. I think it is the whole cleaning them out part that I don't like either.
But Schnoogly made a good point in just throwing the whole thing in the machine. But when the pooh gets hard I think it might get yuckier to have to play with.
PM
booey2
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

QUOTE (MoMMy2Madison @ Jun 5 2003, 12:45 PM)
But when the pooh gets hard I think it might get yuckier to have to play with.

Actually when that happens all you have to do is flush it down the toliet just like anyone else's poop. wink.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Schnoogly
Posted on Jun 5 2003, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Todzilla!!!

Yeah thats what the flushable liners are for--just lift out the liner and the whole thing goes down the toilet!

Steph

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2152 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]