Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Occupations??, What do you do??
Heather
  Posted: May 15 2003, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

So nice to be back :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

Hey everyone!!! Just wondering what we all do with our days?? I know there are some SAHM here...and I would so love to be where you are!!!

I am a Respiratory Therapist...I can pretty much work in any medical setting...where I am needed. BUT I work in a hospital. I work mainly with patients with respiratory disorders. Ranging from premature infants all the way up to the oldest adult wink.gif I work in all types of settings including emergency. I work 2 nights a week (12 hour shifts). It is a tough job, I am constantly on my feet, emotionally it can take a toll as I see many patients become very sick and some die. And added stress from working nights.

I would like to some day be a SAHM or WAHM or perhaps own my own business someday...I am thinking of opening an EBay business of selling the clothes that I make...and maybe even expand that...we will see how things go..hopefully soon!! If not I would like to go back to school and learn about Web/graphic design....

Okay I know I talked your ears off...sorry!!!

--------------------
Heather

PMAOL
booey2
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Hi, I am a work away from home mom, I do order entry and admistrative stuff for a rental company in Toronto, Canada. I would love to be at home full time but unless we won some money it is not doable living in the big city. ( I grew up in a smaller town and would be able to be an at home mom if I were still living there bawling.gif ) Oh well I can dream. I miss the boys tons when I am working but I know they are well cared for and are at the house right next door to ours.

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 15 2003, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

I wish I could help you but I am a sahm. I started working 2 weeks after having Maddie and it was so to leave her. I just started to stay home about 2 months ago. I love it. .I do still work on the weeked two nights a week though. Maybe I day you will be able to stay home and until then I'm sending you win lotto vibes.))))))))))))))))) biggrin.gif
PM

ediep
Posted: May 15 2003, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

I am a 7th grade science teacher, but I am on infant care leave for this year and next year. I am not paid, nor do I get my benefits but they hired a sub to take over my job. I do hope to go back in september 2004. Jasonw ill be just about 2 by then.

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
5littleladies
Posted: May 15 2003, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

I'm a sahm-have been since first dd was born. I love being home with them but really wish for some adult conversation at times!!!! happy.gif

(Heather your new pic of Alison is adorable!!! wub.gif )

This post has been edited by 3littleladies on May 15 2003, 07:19 AM

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
dobie66
  Posted: May 15 2003, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 183

Hi Everyone:

I am new to this board so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is sheri and I live in Kelowna BC Canada. I have 2 children, Meghan 11 and Emma 8months. I am now on Maternity leave and should go back to work and a Food and Beverage Manager in July. Hopefully I will not return. Emma, my youngest is somewhat of a miracle baby. We tried for 4 years, lost two and had all but given up. Then there she was. So, going back to work just doesn't fit my plan anymore. I am trying a new interent marketing business and think I can really make it work. I would like nothing more than to walk into work in July and say " so long". I thought joining a baord or two would be fun. Most of my friends work and when I go out everyday I tend to shop alot. Very hard on the pocket book. Hopefully some of you could help fill some of day and keep me talking instead of shopping.LOL

Hope to get to know you all better

Sheri
PMEmail Poster
maliksmommy
Posted: May 15 2003, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Momma's little guy:)

Member No.: 106

Hi Sherri, nice to meet you. This board will definately keep you busy, it's a miracle I get any work done here. I am so addicted to this board tongue.gif

I am a loan processor for a mortgage company, basically I just push paper. I really do enjoy my job though, a lot of people depend on me and that makes me feel important:)

--------------------
***Diann and Malik 9/4/2002***
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 15 2003, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Hi Sheri and welcome. wavey.gif This is a great board to meat new people. Good luck with the internet business. Hope it works out.My Madison is 8 1/2 months, so we should have alot in common. biggrin.gif Hope to see you around alot and get to know you. smile.gif
Forgot to add, my Madison was also a miracle baby, took us 9 years of trying then BAM here she is. lol biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MoMMy2Madison on May 15 2003, 08:30 AM
PM
dobie66
Posted: May 15 2003, 08:49 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 183

Wow, you guys are quick. Thanks for the welcome. I am really not sure how these boards work and all the options so for the next little while I will be winging it. If I don't respond its probably something I did wrong. I'll get the hang of it.

Its nice to meet all of you. Talk to you soon.

PS I will try to figure out how you all got a picture of your little ones on here so you can see my family.
PMEmail Poster
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 15 2003, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

You'll figure it out soon enough, for the picture on the left side go to avater setting in my controls. To put the picture in you signature someone else will help you because i still can't get it. hehehe...
Talk to you soon , If you need any other help just ask , thats what were all here for. smile.gif
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: May 15 2003, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

I am a fulltime Mommy, but really I do work outside the house at an Insurance Co. I am an associate agent. I also sometimes (well not right now) work at The Human Race Theatre Co, in downtown Dayton, Ohio, working on shows as a freelance artist (I have done Production Assisting, Wardorobe, and crew) I Love that job! I miss it, but once Kaitlin is older I will go back, I hope!

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 15 2003, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Hi Sheri! wavey.gif

Nice to meet you! I have an 8 month old DD too...and she keeps me hoppin.

I'm glad you found us here. Everyone is so nice and helpful, I am sure you will enjoy it here.

Welcome and looking forward to talking to you more!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0094 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]