Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> prenatal vitamins
amynicole21
  Posted: Jun 23 2004, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

So, I had my "getting ready to ttc" OB-GYN appointment on Monday, and got the go-ahead from the doc to get the show on the road wink.gif He prescribed some prenatal vitamins called Prenate, and I've been taking them for 3 days now. These things make me so gassy! blink.gif I wake up burping like crazy, and have the most awful taste in my mouth from them! I take them right before bed... should I take them with dinner or something? I remember having this same problem while pregnant with Sophia, but I just dealt with it. What is in these pills that make me so burpy? huh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

I'm clueless but that sounds awful! blink.gif I hope you get some good advice! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Jamison'smama
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

I believe I took Prenate with Jamison--they have added Colace in them I think which could be causing some problems. I was really gassy also so we switched midway through. I always have to take my vitamin with a little something to eat although I think you are supposed to take them on an empty stomach for proper absorption (I could be wrong about that) I just can't take them without a little food.

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

When I was PG with Ashley, the prenatals made me sick to my stomach. (I had aweful morning sickness anyways) I had been taking mine at night, but the nurse told me to take them in the morning instead and to eat a few crackers with them. I don't know if it will help with gassiness, but it is worth a try.

GOOD LUCK TTC! How exciting for you!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Jun 23 2004, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Member No.: 212

I don't remember being gassy with the prenatals. I do remember being a little ill though. I would take them right before bed. Which reminds me I should be taking them right now since we are ttc as well. Good Luck!!! Hopefully we will be on our way to #2 in no time.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Group: Members
Member No.: 135

Wohoo! Congrats. My dr wrote me a perscription for prenatals but he said any OTC would work too. I've not had any problem with the store brands except that I do have to take them with food. Just take your perscription bottle with you the next time you go to the store and compare the ingredients.

Good luck!

Cary

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
paradisemommy
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 01:42 AM
Quote Post

Brother/Sister Love :)

Member No.: 142

yep..i took the prescribed ones and they made me nauseous..and they were expensive too..my ob/gyn told me any otc ones will do so i got a huge bottle from costco for like $12 and that's what i've been taking ever since (since i'm still nursing)..according to the costco ones, you take them with food - i always take mine with breakfast and don't have any more nauseousness thumb.gif

--------------------
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 03:05 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

thumb.gif I was like Dee Dee and was lucky if I could even keep the prenatal vitamins down. Maybe try taking them with breakfast and see if that helps. I'm taking a new Acid Reflux medication and I'm having the same problem, I really don't think there is anything I can do to combate the side affects of that though. laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I've been taking these exact prenatals since 3 months before I got pg with Kylie, so I've been taking them for 33 or 34 months now, lol. These are the only ones I can tolerate. The other ones made me so constipated, blush.gif , I thought I was gonna die!

Try taking it with dinner and I think they say to take with a full glass of water. Are you taking it with water?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Jun 24 2004, 08:02 AM)
I've been taking these exact prenatals since 3 months before I got pg with Kylie, so I've been taking them for 33 or 34 months now, lol. These are the only ones I can tolerate. The other ones made me so constipated, blush.gif , I thought I was gonna die!

Try taking it with dinner and I think they say to take with a full glass of water. Are you taking it with water?

I drank a full glass of water with one last night, and am not feeling so badly today. Maybe that was the problem before? dunno.gif I was only drinking enough to get the pill down. Course, I had to pee something fierce when I woke up this morning wacko.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 05:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Jun 24 2004, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Jun 24 2004, 08:02 AM)
I've been taking these exact prenatals since 3 months before I got pg with Kylie, so I've been taking them for 33 or 34 months now, lol.  These are the only ones I can tolerate.  The other ones made me so constipated,  blush.gif , I thought I was gonna die!

Try taking it with dinner and I think they say to take with a full glass of water.  Are you taking it with water?

I drank a full glass of water with one last night, and am not feeling so badly today. Maybe that was the problem before? dunno.gif I was only drinking enough to get the pill down. Course, I had to pee something fierce when I woke up this morning wacko.gif rolling_smile.gif

LOL! Yeah they'll do that to you. Did you not have to take a prenatal with nursing Sophia? My doctor was adamant on me staying on them as long as I am breastfeeding Kylie. Could also be because of my severe food phobias, though. blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Jun 24 2004, 09:37 AM)
LOL! Yeah they'll do that to you. Did you not have to take a prenatal with nursing Sophia? My doctor was adamant on me staying on them as long as I am breastfeeding Kylie. Could also be because of my severe food phobias, though. blush.gif

I took them for a long time, then just went to regular multi-vitamins when I finally ran out (2 months ago?)

--------------------
user posted image

momof2girls
Posted: Jun 24 2004, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 502

I took prenate, always with food and no problem.
good luck to you!

--------------------
Shannon mommy to
Kiley 3 & Azaria 11
The loves of my life!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0167 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]