Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Could this be
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

I've never had a problem with cracked nipples, but lately I've been getting sortof a stabbing pain in my nipples. They don't look unusual or red or cracked. But sometimes they just feel sore. Not "baby latched on wrong" sore, but like I said, a throbbing like pain that feels like it's more within the breast then on the outside. I've been feeding Wes on demand, although it usually works out to be about every 3-4 hours, but sometimes we go a lot longer. Could the pain just be from NOT nursing? I don't really get engorged anymore, but maybe the pain is telling me it's been too long, time to nurse? Wes gets up twice a night now, so maybe I need to pump more?? Help.

Sorry if this is confusing...I'm not making much sense today.

This post has been edited by mysweetpeaWil on Sep 11 2006, 03:27 PM

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

could it be thrush? mine sometimes burn and we are thrushy a lot. Dors Wes have white spots in his mouth? like on the insides of his cheeks or the inside of his lips?
PM
Jamison'smama
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 214

When I would get thrush, the first syptoms were itching and it would feel like Jamison was sucking glass out of my breasts!

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

PrairieMom
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I never got the glassy feeling (Yet) but I have had it 4 times now, and 2 I have had the itching, and 2 I have had burning sore nipples, esp when she would latch on, but they would hurt through the whole feeding.
PM
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Sep 11 2006, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I had thrush a lot while I was nursing Andrew (he never showed any signs of it either so don't write it off if Wes isn't showing any wink.gif) and I had the stabbing pains and throbbing pain. I didn't get the itching until I'd had it for a couple months.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Oh gosh, I didn't even think of thrush. I never had it with Wil. I'll check his mouth, but I haven't noticed any symptoms. I was thinking maybe it was just because of the short feedings and not pumping enough. So although I don't really get engorged anymore, I'm still full and need to "let go". I felt it as soon as I woke up this morning and I thought it was because Wes only nursed once last night (and I didn't pump). I'll let you know, thanks!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
holley79
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

COuld it be let down? Mine will have a tingly/ burning feeling when I have a let down.

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Sep 12 2006, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (holley79 @ Sep 12 2006, 10:31 AM)
COuld it be let down? Mine will have a tingly/ burning feeling when I have a let down.

No. My letdown feels different. More tingly than painful, kwim? This is painful. I checked his mouth and no sign of thrush. And my nips don't itch. I think it may just be that I'm engorged...not where I'm hard as a rock, but that it has been too long between feedings.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0203 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]