Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Would You?
holley79
  Posted: Aug 9 2006, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,515

***No Blasting of Each Other.***

I am just curious. I was talking to my great Aunt in central Florida last night. Her DIL is an LC at the WIC office in Central, FL. Seems to be a very nice person. (I have yet to meet her.) Anyways, my Aunt was asking if my sister was going to BF. I told her she was going to BF for the first two months because she has to wear a flak vest, duty belt, ect when she is on duty. Well my aunt told me I could continue pumping and her little one could have the benifits of BFing. Her DIL heard our conversation and got on the phone with me and went on to tell me how to store my milk so I could give the milk to my sister's baby.

Well it got me to thinking, would I do it?

I am going to wean when Annika is a year old. That is my goal.

If a family member or very close friend asked you to 'donate' milk to them because of either their profession (police officer) they can't pump/ nurse or health reasons, would you do it?

I was looking to see how much donated BM is and it can be as high as 3.05 an ounce. wacko.gif I remember my mom talking about me getting donated BM when Annika was 3 days old and they were telling me I wouldn't be able to BF because of the antibiotics. Thank goodness I was able to continue nursing.

Sorry for the ramble. It probably doesn't make a lick of sense but at least it's a question. emlaugh.gif

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Yes, with no question. I have an easier time saying i'd give donated milk than I would say I would BF someone's baby, kwim? I would much rather see that child be raised on what God intended for it to be raised on, than on something a huge company slapped together and called formula.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I would if it was a family member.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

DansMom
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 01:35 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 223

If I were sufficiently bountiful and related to the person, yes, I'd consider it. Pumping is such a project---I don't think I'd practically make the effort for anyone but a sister.

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

If I had a good enough supply to make it worth my while... yes. I wouldn't breastfeed the kid though. Just pump.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

If my sister asked me I think I would, but only for her.
PM
kit_kats_mom
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

In that situation, sure. I'd do it.

I actually almost donated all of the frozen BM I'd stored for K (she never took a bottle and wouldn't drink it from a sippy) to an elderly lady who was going through chemo. BM is one thing that is reccomended for them due to the ease of digestion and high calorie count. She never came to pick it up but I was all ready to give it to her. LOL

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

Under those circumstances I would do it for a very close family member

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Absolutely I'd give another human my milk. Why not? We drink cow's milk. How natural is that? blink.gif Like Karen said, God intended for us to give our babies breast milk. I see nothing wrong with donated breastmilk. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Aug 9 2006, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Yes, but only for a very close friend of family member. Pumping is quite a pain. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
holley79
Posted: Aug 10 2006, 06:03 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,515

Pumping is a pain. blush.gif

My sister and I talked about it in great length last night and I made the offer to her that I would do my best to pump as much as I could. She said she was going to nurse for 2 months then start weaning so she could go back to work. She said she would just formula feed. Totally up to her.

blush.gif

--------------------
Holley~ Loving wife to Shawn, (03/22/03), stepmom to Brandon (5/23/88), mom to Annika Lily (12/28/05).
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0326 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]