Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Locked picture forum..
Calimama
  Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,538

I made the suggestion in another thread. What about doing a forum like P&I where you have to have so many posts in order to get in there. That way it's a little safer to post pictures. It's just an idea.. dunno.gif

ETA: I know it doesn't eliminate the risk completely, but it might LESSEN it a bit..

This post has been edited by Bellasmommy10 on Feb 12 2008, 11:44 AM
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I think that is an AWESOME idea!!!! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

I think that is a really good idea! thumb.gif

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster

redchief
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

While absolute safety is a myth no matter how you add it all up, I agree that a locked, members only (with minimum post requirement) photo forum might be a good idea. This way members who wish to share only with other members may do so in relative safety.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Bamamom
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

Man that sounds awesome. I might even post a pic in a forum like that. Of course at the rate I post my kids will be in high school before I coud put a pic there.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 1

Its a good idea but I think it might cause problems in the future in case someone gets in there and people start thinking they are troll, etc. Plus it may put legal liability on us since it would be technically moderating/protecting and if a picture got stolen from the private area, people might try to blame us. I am sure it probably would not hold up in court but still not a senario I want to be put in. This is why we as well as any site on the net posts disclaimers.
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (TLCDad @ Feb 12 2008, 11:47 AM)
Its a good idea but I think it might cause problems in the future in case someone gets in there and people start thinking they are troll, etc. Plus it will put legal liability on us since it would be technically moderating/protecting and if a picture got stolen from the private area, people might try to blame us. This is why we as well as any site on the net posts disclaimers.

Can there not also be a terms and condition button we click when we try to get the password? Something that says you're NOT liable and such? I don't know, I know nothing about running a forum..
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (TLCDad @ Feb 12 2008, 02:47 PM)
Its a good idea but I think it might cause problems in the future in case someone gets in there and people start thinking they are troll, etc. Plus it may put legal liability on us since it would be technically moderating/protecting and if a picture got stolen from the private area, people might try to blame us. I am sure it probably would not hold up in court but still not a senario I want to be put in. This is why we as well as any site on the net posts disclaimers.

I understand what your saying. You dont want to be put in the middle of something like that and for good reasons. I dont blame you.

I dont know how the disclaimers work either so can you fill us in on if there were a disclaimer on no one could hold you responsible if they could still go after you or something.
PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Feb 12 2008, 02:50 PM)
QUOTE (TLCDad @ Feb 12 2008, 11:47 AM)
Its a good idea but I think it might cause problems in the future in case someone gets in there and people start thinking they are troll, etc.  Plus it will put legal liability on us since it would be technically moderating/protecting and if a picture got stolen from the private area, people might try to blame us.  This is why we as well as any site on the net posts disclaimers.

Can there not also be a terms and condition button we click when we try to get the password? Something that says you're NOT liable and such? I don't know, I know nothing about running a forum..

I could yes, put then if it ever came up I would have to prove they clicked the box. But mainly, I just do not want to give anyone false information that their pictures in there would be protected because technically that would be impossible. For example most people will simply link to a picture they posted to a picture site, the fact it is a direct link shows the picture itself is public on the net, just because it was linked here in a private forum does not mean the link itself is private. You would then have to make your account on the picture site private but then you would not be able to link to it from any other site. Did all that make sense?

My suggestion is if you do not want to risk your pictures, then unfortuantly you should not post them anywhere on the net. And also never get professional pictures taken because they own the copyright on the pictures and can do what ever legally they want with them which means showcase them on their site or showing off their work on photography forums.

PMEmail Poster
TLCDad
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

QUOTE (lisar @ Feb 12 2008, 02:55 PM)
I understand what your saying. You dont want to be put in the middle of something like that and for good reasons. I dont blame you.

I dont know how the disclaimers work either so can you fill us in on if there were a disclaimer on no one could hold you responsible if they could still go after you or something.

Our standard disclaimer is located on our TOS/Terms of use page:
http://www.parentingclub.com/terms_of_use.php

It is the basic stuff all websites use.
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (TLCDad @ Feb 12 2008, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (lisar @ Feb 12 2008, 02:55 PM)

Our standard disclaimer is located on our TOS/Terms of use page:
http://www.parentingclub.com/terms_of_use.php

It is the basic stuff all websites use.

Oh yea I have read that. But thats not what I meant. I will PM you and ask when I get a sec.
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Why not a minimum post plus minimum time being a member? Anyone can post and post and reach a minimum in a short period of time, but to hang around for a while and post seems more appropriate of a measure. That way the lurkers don't get in but neither do the rapid posters. JMHO.

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I do think it's a great idea, but after reading what Rod said, I understand where he is coming from. I think it's just part of the risk we all take when coming here, or any message board on the net. If you are worried, don't post pics. wink.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Even if you start a topic that says.... blahblah.gif blahblah.gif blahblah.gif
And we simply reply yes, we understand. Sort of like a signature.

It would be cool if it could somehow be worked out, especially after reading the smut posted here tonight. sad.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

MoonMama
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

QUOTE (CantWait @ Feb 12 2008, 08:45 PM)
Even if you start a topic that says.... blahblah.gif blahblah.gif blahblah.gif
And we simply reply yes, we understand. Sort of like a signature.

It would be cool if it could somehow be worked out, especially after reading the smut posted here tonight. sad.gif

I agree.

Awesome idea Denise. thumb.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0141 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]