Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What is she doing?, Favoring....help!
moped
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,035

I think she is favoring one side......she will go for about one minute and then pull off and on - I will switch sides and she will eat fine for a while. This afternoon I played this game with her a while and then thawed some BM and she took a 5 oz bottle GREAT - What is going on? How long does this silliness last?

But she never seem sto like the right side no matter what position i try

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Hmm I don't know. Could you have a clogged duct or something on that side that's making it taste funny or not come out fast enough? dunno.gif I guess I'd just keep offering that side and eventually she'll start eating off of it again.

I've had them nurse better or longer off of one side than the other... I think for me it has to do with my posture - just the way I sit when I hold them on one side makes it harder or something.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Naomei did that for a while.. it regulated itself after a while. i don't really reember much about it, was a while ago. emlaugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

moped
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 08:02 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Apr 2 2008, 09:29 PM)
Hmm I don't know. Could you have a clogged duct or something on that side that's making it taste funny or not come out fast enough? dunno.gif I guess I'd just keep offering that side and eventually she'll start eating off of it again.

I've had them nurse better or longer off of one side than the other... I think for me it has to do with my posture - just the way I sit when I hold them on one side makes it harder or something.

WOuldn't I feel it if I had a clogged duct?

SHould I pump that side?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Apr 2 2008, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

Abby did that almost the entire 13 months I breast fed her. I just let her do what she wanted and it worked out fine. I mean, she still preferred one side and would feed longer on that side and just a minute of the other side. I didnt pump or anything - just went with it. There werent any problems for me. I think the side she didnt like must have reduced its quantity because she wasnt feeding from it as much. I didnt experience any major lopsidedness or anything.

Good luck! Maybe others will have better advice. LOL

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

QUOTE (moped @ Apr 2 2008, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Apr 2 2008, 09:29 PM)
Hmm I don't know.  Could you have a clogged duct or something on that side that's making it taste funny or not come out fast enough? dunno.gif  I guess I'd just keep offering that side and eventually she'll start eating off of it again.

WOuldn't I feel it if I had a clogged duct?

SHould I pump that side?

Yeah maybe you would - it always took me awhile to feel it when I got a clogged duct but you'd probably feel it by now. tongue.gif

Is she still doing it? I found this on kellymom... hope it helps! happy.gif http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

I would suggest just keep offering the side she typically rejects. It could just be a short phase.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Apr 3 2008, 06:08 PM)
I would suggest just keep offering the side she typically rejects. It could just be a short phase.

Yes, start with that side so when she is hungry she will try harder.

Could you be making more from one side over the other? When you pump do you get similar amounts from both? I wonder because my right produced next to nothing (I think due to a lump removal that was under the nipple a few years before) and that caused a huge difference, so they didn't like righty very much.

ETA Or maybe could she have an ear infection and laying on the one side is causing discomfort?

This post has been edited by msoulz on Apr 3 2008, 02:17 PM

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
moped
Posted: Apr 3 2008, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (msoulz @ Apr 3 2008, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Apr 3 2008, 06:08 PM)

Yes, start with that side so when she is hungry she will try harder.

Could you be making more from one side over the other? When you pump do you get similar amounts from both? I wonder because my right produced next to nothing (I think due to a lump removal that was under the nipple a few years before) and that caused a huge difference, so they didn't like righty very much.

ETA Or maybe could she have an ear infection and laying on the one side is causing discomfort?

I haven't pumped in a while but maybe i will try and see

She doesn't have an infection - she is not uncomfortable at all and VERY happy 24/7

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]