Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Taking antibiotics, need advice
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

So I looked up amoxocillin on Kellymom and it said it was safe, but to look out for thrush...I've never experienced thrush before. Is there a way to prevent it? Should I take something to help prevent it while taking the antibiotic. Isn't acidophillus good? I can't remember. I had it prescribed because of a sinus infection that I've been dealing with for about a month now. I've had like three colds in a month's time!! I would rather not take it because I'm scared of thrush, but I want it to clear up too.

Thanks for any advice! thumb.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Yes, take acidophilus while on the antibiotic. Take it for about 10 days past the time your antibiotic ends. I think the livecells you want to get is at least 10 billion, when buying acido, but you'd have to double check kellymom. I think that's what mine is. Also it wouldn't hurt to eat some yogurt (like 1x daily) to help.

And for Wes, he needs to be taking baby acidophilus. You can buy the baby kind or take one capsule of yours and split it three ways, give him a 1/3 3x a day daily.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 02:00 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jan 10 2007, 11:56 AM)
Yes, take acidophilus while on the antibiotic.  Take it for about 10 days past the time your antibiotic ends.  I think the livecells you want to get is at least 10 billion, when buying acido, but you'd have to double check kellymom.  I think that's what mine is.  Also it wouldn't hurt to eat some yogurt (like 1x daily) to help.

And for Wes, he needs to be taking baby acidophilus.  You can buy the baby kind or take one capsule of yours and split it three ways, give him a 1/3 3x a day daily.

Thanks Karen! I knew you would know! I'll go to the store and buy some acido. We have some in our freezer, but I swear it's over three years old!! unsure.gif I bet those active cultures are dead by now... wink.gif

Pray for NO THRUSH!!! thumb.gif

ETA: How do you give a baby acido? We are BF exclusively. He won't take a bottle!

This post has been edited by mysweetpeasWil&Wes on Jan 10 2007, 02:03 PM

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Jan 10 2007, 05:00 PM)
Yes, take acidophilus while on the antibiotic.  Take it for about 10 days past the time your antibiotic ends.  I think the livecells you want to get is at least 10 billion, when buying acido, but you'd have to double check kellymom.  I think that's what mine is.  Also it wouldn't hurt to eat some yogurt (like 1x daily) to help.

And for Wes, he needs to be taking baby acidophilus.  You can buy the baby kind or take one capsule of yours and split it three ways, give him a 1/3 3x a day daily.

Thanks Karen! I knew you would know! I'll go to the store and buy some acido. We have some in our freezer, but I swear it's over three years old!! unsure.gif I bet those active cultures are dead by now... wink.gif

ETA: How do you give a baby acido? We are BF exclusively. He won't take a bottle!

Put it on your finger tip and let him suck your finger.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jan 10 2007, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (mysweetpeasWil&Wes @ Jan 10 2007, 05:00 PM)

Put it on your finger tip and let him suck your finger.

That works good. The powder acutally tastes good. Like coffee creamer. smile.gif
We also disolved some in a tiny bit of water and gave it to Ally with a droper, like tylenol.
PM
andreajones021
Posted: Sep 21 2009, 03:15 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,779

Yes, yield acidophilus while on the antibiotic. Yield it for about 10 canicule accomplished the time your antibacterial ends. I anticipate the livecells you wish to get is at atomic 10 billion, if affairs acido, but you'd accept to bifold analysis kellymom. I anticipate that's what abundance is. Also it wouldn't aching to eat some yogurt (like 1x daily) to help.

PMEmail Poster
calvindoyle
Posted: Jan 18 2010, 12:43 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 22,928

Taking acidophilus is better than taking antibiotic. Take it for about 10 days past the time your antibiotic ends. You can also concern with your doctor for that. I think it will be better to take advise from your doctor.
PMEmail Poster
taylor07
Posted: Aug 9 2010, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,102

Amoxocillin is very good medicine for the treatment of bacterial infection. It may have some side effects on your health. But these side effects are not permanent. Still taking advise from your doctor is a good option before taking amoxocillin.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0135 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]