Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> An Uneasy Appt. A rant Long, What do you think?
jaxonandjadonsmom
  Posted: Aug 18 2006, 05:25 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,077

Well I had my first appt. yesterday. It wasn't what I expected. He did an internal exam and says, "Well if I didn't know that you were pregnant I couldn't tell by your uterus. However your cervix is etremely soft. That is a sign" So I ask him if that is normal that my uterus hasn't grown. He says "Well it can be normal. What we will do is have you come back in 2 1/2 weeks and see if we can here the heartbeat. All though I doubt we will." bawling.gif

Ok now I am freaking out because what I have read on the internet says that my uterus should have grown right now!! And the uncertain response from my Dr. saying it COULD be normal! Don't get me wrong I normally love my Dr. but come on!!! You are talking to a girl who has had previous miscarriages. I thought I was ok til I went to this appt. Now I just don't know! I don't even want to try and listen to the hearbeat if he doesn't think he will hear it. That will just make it worse! I just don't know what to do.

Oh yeah! His constant asking me about my PG symptoms made it even worse! They ask what they are. I tell him tired, sore breasts, and frequent urination. That's all I have. He kept asking if I was sure that that was all I had! Well Duh! I knnow my own body! But that's all I had when I was PG with my boys. When I had my miscarriages I never had any symptoms.

I am sorry I am just a little uneasy now. I thought I would be ok but I don't know how to handle this again.

If you made it this far GOD BLESS YOU!!!! I just needed to get it out. I told my husband the Appt. went ok as to not worry him. But he could tell there was something wrong.

Anyway thanks for listening! I appreciate it. You are the best hug.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
luvbug00
Posted: Aug 18 2006, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

hug.gif hug.gif I'm saying a prayer for you!

some doctors dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
CantWait
Posted: Aug 18 2006, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

WOW sorry he wasn't trying to be at least a little reassuring. You know that sometimes it can take up to 12 weeks to hear a heartbeat, please don't get discouraged.

Many prayers that everything is ok. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Aug 18 2006, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif I'm sorry your doctor wasn't a little more helpful but sometimes it is difficult in the beginning, why didn't he give you a blood test if there is any question about wether you are or not?

Hope everything is ok hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 18 2006, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

I hope everything is ok
saying a prayer for you
hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
jaxonandjadonsmom
Posted: Aug 18 2006, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4,077

Thank you for all of your words of encouragement. I have decided to take things one day at a time. I am going to try not to worry so much. I have my two boys to keep me occupied! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
ashtonsmama
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

I'm so sorry. I hope and pray he is wrong. Let us know what happens, and I'm praying for a perfect outcome and healthy baby for you...
hug.gif
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Sorry your doctor wasn't more reassuring. I think sometimes they don't realize how they come across and what they put us through!

I think you should tell your DH about your appointment. You'd probably feel a lot better to have him to talk to about all this. Glad you are taking it one day at at time... try to stay positive. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

I'm so sorry. The doc could have been a bit more sensitive to you. Hopefully when you go back you'll have a little heartbeat! smile.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]