Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> what do you think, potty training set back
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Oct 31 2008, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

last night Jakob got really really constipated. He does that sometimes due to his bad eating habits with the food allergies, he has been mainly only taking his pediasure again..
anyway, the poopy got stuck and he had a bit of bleeding and he was so upset..but he was finally relieved with suppository...

my question is now that he is of course scared of the toilet because he thinks that is what caused the pain...
do I "punish" him for a poopy "accident"? he hasnt had an accident of that sort in a week. he was doing so well.

by punish I mean we were making him take a shower every time he messed his pants before telling him poopy was stinky..
and he hates showers really bad..so that helped him toilet train..

but now i almost feel like thats mean because he is so scared...

what do you think?

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lisar
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Good question.
When Raygen was littler (before potty training) she would take her diaper off in the middle of the night and tear is apart. Well when the diaper was poppy it was nasty. This was every night. So finally every single morning I would give her a quick shower. She hated it. And she stopped tearing up her diaper.
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I think I would back off on the punishment part of it and get the constipation under control first. Then, after he's having BM's normally again I'd go forward with the training. I think it would be unfair to him after what he's just gone through to punish him for it, but that's just my opinion.
Hope this helps! hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (willsmama @ Oct 31 2008, 09:57 AM)
I think I would back off on the punishment part of it and get the constipation under control first. Then, after he's having BM's normally again I'd go forward with the training. I think it would be unfair to him after what he's just gone through to punish him for it, but that's just my opinion.
Hope this helps! hug.gif

the thing is the constipation isnt often but its hard to control with his food allergies he doenst always eat..
he has times when his stomach is bothering him and he only lives on the pediasure which can last as long as 6 weeks sometimes until the reaction is gone.

he might never really have a change in this area of his life..
I know he can control it now, the potty issues, but I feel bad that he is afraid of the toilet now.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
5littleladies
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 07:04 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Don't punish him! My daughter Megan had constipation issues while we were potty training and as a result would hold it for days and days at a time, giving her terrible stomach aches. I asked her pediatrician about it and she told me to not push the issue because they can cause permanent damage if they hold it too long, which of course they will do if they are afraid to go. Meg still gets stomach aches quite easily when it comes to bathroom issues and I always wonder if it is from that time period.

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0124 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]