Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> AF Problems, Maybe TMI
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Jan 19 2009, 10:15 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

dry.gif I saw my gyneacologist on December 28. We were talking about birth control to help regulate my hormones. He recommended Mirena. This has to be inserted when AF is finished or shortly after. AF had just finished. I explained to him that my cycle had been regular for a while, then it was coming every 2 weeks, finally settled down to a normal cycle and not it's anywhere from 14 days-35 days apart. Lately I've been experiencing some spotting and then AF comes a week or 2 later. AF ended just before I saw my doctor. How the heck am I supposed to make an appointment to have this inserted, when my cycle is so screwed up. Again spotting has started (really dark red and has dark brownish blood with small clots). The spotting has been going on for about 3 days or it could be AF starting, but I have no idea. I'm really just getting fed up. I'm tired, moody and depressed. I can't just call my doctor and explain to him again the problems I'm having. I hate the health care system in this city! I really feel that there is something wrong. I really don't think that this is normal. I even took a home pregnancy test because I had some of these symptoms when I was pregnant with Claudia. But that was negative. I'm really at a loss here!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jan 19 2009, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Can you make an appointment with another Gyn and get a second opinion. I would really push to have tests done. hug.gif Hope you get some answers.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Jan 20 2009, 02:21 AM)
Can you make an appointment with another Gyn and get a second opinion. I would really push to have tests done. hug.gif Hope you get some answers.

hug.gif Thanks Dee Dee! There's only 3 here. And it took 6 months to get an apt. with this one. I have an appointment with my Family doctor next week, so I will talk to him. I also had an ultrasound of my ovaries recently, never did get the results back. So I will talk to him about it.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

jcc64
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 11:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 108

If you're having problems, the absolute last thing I would do is get the Mirena. I think you should do some homework before committing to that--I've heard quite a few horror stories. I know some women here use it with no problems, but if you're already having issues, why complicate the situation until you find out what's going on with your body?

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jan 20 2009, 02:52 PM)
If you're having problems, the absolute last thing I would do is get the Mirena. I think you should do some homework before committing to that--I've heard quite a few horror stories. I know some women here use it with no problems, but if you're already having issues, why complicate the situation until you find out what's going on with your body?

yeah I don't recommend getting the mirena not with all the issues you are already having the mirena can actually mess you up more!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0111 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]