Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> A guy that could use romance, too.
ljossberir
Posted: Jul 14 2010, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,080

Hello! I'm new here!

I'm in my mid-twenties and I've been dating a girl for going on 3 years now and we are totally madly in love!!!!! So much so that we could never picture ourselves being with anyone else, it's really unlike any relationship we've ever been in. She totally brings out the best in me too, I love to do all sorts of cheesy romantic things for her,

Our first month anniversary, I left a small gift and card on the hood of her car at night

Our 1 year anniversary, I took her out to the restaurant where we had our first date, and we went for a walk by the water and I gave her a claddagh ring and explained the story behind the tradition

My favorite thing to do is to leave her something when she least expects it!

Last year for her birthday I brought over a big bag with presents in it to her house. I told her I wanted to give her her birthday present, but I first excused myself to the bathroom. I told her I was taking the bag with me "so you won't peek", but really, I put a dozen red roses (in the bag with the presents at the time) under the sink in the bathroom.

We were about to go out to dinner for her birthday so we climbed in my car. Then I made up some excuse about having "dropped my cell phone" in her room, and asked her if I could go in to get it. She asked me if I wanted her to go get it and I said, "no, that's OK", and I went inside under that pretense... I went back into the bathroom, took the dozen red roses out from the under the sink and put them on her pillow so she would discover them after I dropped her off!!

This year, I surprised her with a week-long trip to the West coast (we are from the east).

I also love to slip little love notes into her pocket!

For our 2 year anniversary, I made a photo collage with pictures of us set to one of our favorite songs. I burned it to a disc. I then dropped it (on purpose) in her car when she wasn't looking. After we split up for the night, I called her and asked if I had dropped a disc in her car.. and told her that I thought it had something important on it, so I asked whether she could put it in her computer to check what it was... she was totally surprised!!!

Anyway, as you can see I think that she's more than I could ever ask for in a woman! Still, from time to time I wish she would be a little more romantic. It's one of the very few things that I wish she would do that she doesn't already. Sure, she'll write me a love letter back if I write her one but sometimes I just wish she would do something like that on her own.

Anyone else ever felt the same way? I know she loves me more than anything but I just wish there was a little more romance in our relationship... I dunno. What do you think? Is it weird for a guy to think like this?
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

no its not wierd. My husband WAS a romantic man when we dated but when we married that kinda flew out the window he still on occasion will do things to throw me off.... like when i woke up one moring i found love notes around the house.... I love you by the milk jug, Your beautiful hanging on the bathroom mirror. etc etc etc. The flower buyinga nd love letters dwindled.... so as any lady loves dont let that ever slide if you ever do marry or ever in the future. Yes beingr omantic shoudl come from both ends... Maby she isnt a romantic girl in where she does romantic things or maby she waits till important dates to be romantic. My huband is more romantic than me. I usually do the romantic things on birthdays, valentines day, anniversaries etc....

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Aug 3 2010, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

Romance as your relationship matures becomes more of the simple things kind of deal. Small reminders by notes somtimes for the lucky ones but for most it's doing the dishes without being asked, helping with a chore without having to nag and sometimes just when dinner is cooked. For my relationship It was hot a swift. We are out of honeymoon stage and I love you isnt said as much with words then a simple kiss on the forehead. so to each their own. But dont miss those little things smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Marissa
Posted: Sep 2 2010, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,126

Have you ever heard of the book "The 5 Love Languages"? It was a great read and very insightful. It talks about the different ways that people show love, and also the ways that people like to be shown love. For instance, you might like to buy her gifts, but she might want you to hold her hand. Anyway, my husband and I loved it and refer to it frequently. She may be showing you how much she loves you, but in a different way than you are expecting. You can google it and find a website as well. Hope it helps!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0105 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]