Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How to dress urban chic
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

HELP!!

I'm going to a function at Hotel ZaZa on November 1. It's "urban chic". What in Pete's name do I wear?? It will be in the evening. I'm sure I won't be there long so I hate to spend a lot of money.

Anyone??
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

I have no idea what urban chic is, but it brings to mind NYC tongue.gif Like something you'd see a New Yorker or Chicagoan wear, ultra urban. But I have no idea what it means, sorry.
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Well yeah what comes to mind is the fashion forward like JLo and celebs like that......but very high fashion is what i think

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Our Lil' Family
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Google queen found this....
http://www.urbanchiconline.com/

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

To me urban also conjurs up edgy looks, I guess like Jen said, high fashion and fashion forward.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 11:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I didn't know what it was, either! tongue.gif

To me urban also conjurs up edgy looks, I guess like Jen said, high fashion and fashion forward.

Oh yeah...that's me!! not!

Maybe I'll just sit this one out.
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

What kind of function is it?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

It is the debut of the new Jaguar XF. I am considering staying home since it's a school night anyway. It's only important for Scotty to be there, he just wanted me to go with him.
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 12 2007, 02:37 PM)
It is the debut of the new Jaguar XF. I am considering staying home since it's a school night anyway. It's only important for Scotty to be there, he just wanted me to go with him.

Did Scotty pre-order mine yet? Tell him I want it in black! cool.gif

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
moped
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 12 2007, 02:37 PM)

Oh you should go Aimee - go go go!!!!!!

It will be fun!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 12 2007, 03:37 PM)

Yep I want one in black too
I love those cars thumb.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

This is the one replacing the S Type. At first I wasn't too crazy about it, then again, I didn't like the S Type when they came out with it, but it grew on me in time. After looking at this car again, I think it's pretty cool. It's sleek and sort of reminds me of the new BMW 5 and 7 series.

If I go, I will be sure and take lots of pics for you guys. wink.gif Maybe they'll have a black one. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Oh you should definitely go to the function Aimee! I have no idea what the term means exactly, but since I worked downtown in my former life (haha) and used the word "urban" for a lot of my marketing material, I suppose I can give it a shot. I "think" its like Jen said, more edgy, crisp lines - sortof that I look really hip but didn't try too hard. I picture someone who lives in a loft, shops in heels and doesn't drive a mini-van....SO not me!! rolleyes.gif I would pass on jeans. What about some slim black pants and a cowl neck silk top, put on some black pointy toes and grab a clutch. Dress up with big hoops. I wouldn't go with any florals. But sharp patterns or a bold colored top to play off black pants would be hot. I personally think it's just a funkier term for "business casual" or nightclub wear, but it's just a guess. wink.gif

Have fun!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Okay, that's just what I needed, Rae!! THANK YOU!! You put yourself in my shoes and told me what you would wear and it gave me some fantastic ideas!! I love the idea of the cowl neck silk top (maybe a low cut back..sexy!!) and I definitely wanted to wear pants over a dress. How would I go about finding a top like that? Any suggestions of places to look?
PMEmail Poster

mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Oct 13 2007, 08:46 AM)
Okay, that's just what I needed, Rae!! THANK YOU!! You put yourself in my shoes and told me what you would wear and it gave me some fantastic ideas!! I love the idea of the cowl neck silk top (maybe a low cut back..sexy!!) and I definitely wanted to wear pants over a dress. How would I go about finding a top like that? Any suggestions of places to look?

I was just at the Banana Republic outlet and they had a lot of cowl neck tops like that. Maybe check their regular store. I don't think they were low in the back though, but a lot that style. I saw a lot of cute cropped swing jackets and sweaters too, which I think would be so cute over any type cami and fitted (skinny) pants. They also had lots of wrap type tops, dresses, things like that...which I bet would look great on you! I don't really have the boobs to carry off a wrap that well. sad.gif Pair a wrap dress with high boots, round or pointy toe heels. Really cute (urban chic)! wink.gif

I'm going downtown for girls night out tonight and I think I'm going to wear black pants, my new swing jacket and a cute tank, heels and clutch! I found a dress at BR outlet for literally $9.97 yesterday, so maybe I'll wear that too...but it's getting cold here.

HAVE FUN and take pics!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

We have a BR Outlet 5 mins from my house!! thumb.gif

I posted pics of some tops earlier, but I deleted them. One of them was from BR. I decided I can't pull off the low back look, though. wacko.gif I will head to the outlet here in a bit and see what I can find.
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 13 2007, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I think Rae is right on, I kind of think of "Sex and the City" both when I hear "urban chic" and when picturing what Rae is describing thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0320 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]