Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Megan is really sick, I have a question
coasterqueen
  Posted: Jan 7 2006, 05:28 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Thursday evening Megan wouldn't sleep for anything but was cheery, giggly and just playing all night. Ok, didn't think anything was wrong with that, just thought she was hitting a new milestone since she was blabbing all night and figured that's why she wasn't sleeping.

Yesterday (Friday) she was in a good mood and was laughing and giggling and mkaing everyone laugh at the restaurant last night. She was her usual happy self. The only thing weird about yesterday before she got sick was that Ryan said our sitter told him Megan got a small bloody nose. That was weird, IMO. Megan went to bed on time, no problem. At about 10 pm she woke up all cheery and such so I just let her play for a bit, but noticed she was REALLY congested. She had not even an ounce of congestion before I put her to bed at 7:30 p.m. A few minutes after I noticed her congestion I noticed she was VERY VERY warm. We took her temp and it was 101 under arm (so basically 102). All of a sudden she became very fussy and proceeded to have that "I'm in pain" cry til 3 am this morning when she passed out. wacko.gif She was so congested than ever I was afraid to go to sleep. sad.gif She woke up again about 5 am VERY VERY warm again. sad.gif So I gave her some more tylenol and now it's 7:20 a.m. and she just has a 99.2 fever. She's somewhat cheery now, congested, but will cry at the drop of a hat.

Oh and she had one green mucousy diaper last night when we got home from the restaurant. Before the fever I was for sure all the signs pointed to teething or she ate something that didn't agree, but when the fever hit that threw all those ideas out the window.

Do you think it still could be teething or is this something more? I am so exhausted I can't see straight. wacko.gif

I hope my baby gets better soon and my other one doesn't get it. bawling.gif bawling.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
aspenblue1
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 05:51 AM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 68

I hope she feels better soon. I know that Kyrsten runs a slight fever when she is teething but I don't think that high. I would check with ped it may be a cold.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 06:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (aspenblue1 @ Jan 7 2006, 08:51 AM)
I hope she feels better soon. I know that Kyrsten runs a slight fever when she is teething but I don't think that high. I would check with ped it may be a cold.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. We'll wait til Monday to take her in unless she gets really bad, but we just ALL got done with colds a week ago. dry.gif We had them for a month. This definitely seems much different than the colds we have but I guess it still could be that.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

aspenblue1
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Member No.: 68

I would check for croup also. Kyrsten started out stuffy then got really sick fast.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

It could still be teething. Both my girls run high fevers when teething (Madison's 1st tooth is visible under the gum but hasn't quite broken through yet and she's got a fever of 100.5).

I agree, take her in on Monday if she's not better. Let's hope she keeps it to herself!
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Has she teethed like that before? If Nora acted that way, I'd take her in... it would be very abnormal for her. Does your ped have Saturday hours?

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
huggybugboy
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

The bloody nose sounds weird to me...I would at least make a call to my ped, just to make sure. Then again, I freak out over everything since I've only had one. tongue.gif But a call wouldnt hurt anyone, your ped could at least give you some suggestions. Have you tried infant Dimatapp? That is the only way Miles (and me) got through that last bug. It helps with the congestion so much.

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster
huggybugboy
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

The bloody nose sounds weird to me...I would at least make a call to my ped, just to make sure. Then again, I freak out over everything since I've only had one. tongue.gif But a call wouldnt hurt anyone, your ped could at least give you some suggestions. Have you tried infant Dimatapp? That is the only way Miles (and me) got through that last bug. It helps with the congestion so much.

Edited to say: this thing is acting very strange, didnt mean to post twice... blush.gif

This post has been edited by huggybugboy on Jan 7 2006, 10:04 AM

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

hug.gif I hope she's feeling better soon. She sounds awful sad.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
remtana
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,755

I sure hope that she feels better soon. A sick baby can make things miserable for everyone. Kensington was sick a little while ago and she still has the congestion, but at least she is sleeping better.

I hope she feels better soon! biggrin.gif

Angela
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (amynicole21 @ Jan 7 2006, 12:05 PM)
Has she teethed like that before? If Nora acted that way, I'd take her in... it would be very abnormal for her. Does your ped have Saturday hours?

Amy, no she hasn't teethed with a high fever before. With a very low low grade fever, yes and she does the up all night crying in pain bit with teething, but that's it. So far today she just has a low grade fever, congestion (but only noticeable when she sleeps) and that's it. She's been her ever loving HAM self since. tongue.gif She's not nursing very well, though and just a few minutes ago was the FIRST time she's slept all day long. wacko.gif I hope she sleeps for awhile because I need a nap. SIGH.

Our ped doesn't have Saturday hours and we've had encounters with the ER I'd never like to have again so we'll just see how she does and if she gets worse we'll go in, if not we'll wait til Monday.

Oh cripes, she just woke up! This kid just won't sleep. sad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

The bloody nose thing makes me wonder if maybe some of the blood didn't go into her lungs when she was sleeping and make her congested like that. I've seen it happen, was it a lot of blood?
is she just congested when she breaths? or does she have a yucky cough too? It is also RSV season, and a fever and cough can go along with that.
PM
jcc64
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

I don't think it's teething, particularly with the congestion. Sounds like yet another cold, Karen. Sorry about that! Get well vibes all around!

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
pinniy
Posted: Jan 7 2006, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,797

What's the humidity like? That could cause a real dry nose, ...then lead to the slight bleeding. If that's the case, the ped is going to recommend/prescribe saline drops to drop in her nose, and suction (FUN! sad.gif ) As for the congestion, I agree, if it's abnormal for her, and has you worried, have her checked. Luckily, is sounds like the tylenol is keeping the fever down. And they say fevers occur when their bodies are battling "something." As for the mucousy diaper, is sounds like it could be her "passing" some of the congestion.

Just some thoughts and ideas from what I recently went through with Trei-Trei. Best of luck. Hope the Precious Sweetheart is feeling better. hug.gif
PMUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0153 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]