Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Results from my CT scan, ugh...
Kentuckychick
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,085

So I went back to the doctor yesterday after they'd told me over the phone I didn't have to have a colonoscopy but I had a little bit of fluid in my pelvis and he told me he wants me to see my gynocologist as soon as I can (he couldn't have told me that three weeks ago!?).

He gave me the results of my CT scan on a paper and said he would fax them to my doctor and I should call to make an appointment. When I got out to the car I was reading over them and this is what it said under the pelvic area results;

"There is a moderate amount of free fluid in the low pelvis. There is a left ovarian cyst. There is fluid in the endometrial cavity."

Yeah -- that's a bit more that "some fluid in the pelvis" that they told me on the phone. So I called my doctor and she has me in next Tuesday. She said that they'll look for things like PID and check my ovaries and my uterus but they don't like to see the combination of all the above things listed. Usually free fluid means a ruptured cyst, but clearly for me the cyst is still there. And endometrial fluid isn't usually seen in young women unless they're pregnant (which I'm definitely not) so they need to take a good look at that.

I just wish I'd known all this three weeks ago... growl.gif

So now I get to freak out for a little while longer.

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

OMG hug.gif hug.gif I hope they figure it out soon!!! KUP

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

The very least they could have done three weeks ago is tell you to make an appointment with your OB. I agree with you, I'd be upset.

I don't know much about ovarian cysts, but I think it is a pretty common thing. What do they do for cysts, do you know?

Anyways, I am keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I hope it is something easily treatable, and I am sorry you have to wait even longer to find out what's going on. I know how hard it is to wait.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

((HUGS)) I've been battling ovarian cysts since age 12/13 and have them back again in full force now. sleep.gif I know how frustrating it must be to wait. Are you in a lot of pain? If you are, your doctor should be able to get you in earlier. The times I've been in extreme pain, they got me in that day and did the u/s. It's odd to me, if they truly think you might have had one burst that they don't have you in there NOW. Trust me, I've read the results before and have always concluded it much worse than they do when they read them wink.gif If they were THAT concerned they wouldn't make you wait 3 weeks. If it burst, you'd be there right now.

Maybe they'll suggest laproscopy to see what is all going on. Those scans, u/s, etc just can't give them the most accurate information as to what is going on and most times need to do the laproscopy to determine that. I'm going to have it done, but unfortunately I don't have 1 to 2 weeks to take off right now due to our legislative session at work, plus kids have been sick so much I've been off a lot. So my doctor is monitoring my pain, and we'll do the surgery this summer when things are slower at work.

(HUGS) hang in there. I truly think if your OB thought it was as serious as what you are reading on the results....they would have you in NOW.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kentuckychick
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,085

Thanks everyone hug.gif

I've had ovarian cysts before -- always on my right side so that's why I was kinda surprised at having one on the left. I've also had them rupture before so I know that feeling (it's no fun). I think the concern was that it hadn't ruptured and there was fluid there. Of course I don't know much about that or if fluid can just hang out for a while (possibly from an earlier cyst?) I don't know. They may have to drain some of the fluid and test it for ovarian cells? (whatever that means) The biggest concern was the endometrial fluid.

Obviously it's not an emergency since they're letting me wait til next week so that's good. But I guess it leaves the mind wondering.

My other doctor said, "since I'm not the expert on this I want to send you to your gynocologist"... that's when I felt like saying "well you weren't the expert on this three weeks ago when you got the results either!"

--------------------
~Rachel~ Godmommy to;Connor (September '04) & Caydence (August '06)

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]