Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bleeding Hemorrhoids?, **Possible TMI**
MyLuvBugs
  Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,471

Ok....so the joys of childbirth have reaked havok on my intestinal track rolleyes.gif and my hemorrhoids that I've had for over 6 years now (off and on anyway) are bleeding blink.gif ...and we're not talking a little spotting...we're talking the toilet water looks like red cool-aid unsure.gif I realize there's probably some tears or "fissions" in my tushy that are the main cause of the bleeding, but with the rhoids raging also.... wacko.gif my butt hurts! sad.gif I've tried Tucks, Prep H, and even a perscription of Anal Hydrocortizone suppositories.....nothings working.

Should I just be patient and let it heal in time, or do you think this is serious and I need to go in for a "roto-rooter" type exam? My 6 wk checkup with the midwife is on the 13th, but I'm thinking this is beyond her scope and that I should see a butt Doc. KWIM? wink.gif Maybe I'm just paranoid, but 6+ years of having hemorrhoids off and on is a little accessive don't ya think? And this amount of blood seems...well....like a lot unsure.gif Maybe I'm just over thinking it. sleep.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
mckayleesmom
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I would wait a couple days.....I had those internal hemroids...or Fissions as you called them when I was about 8 months pregnant with Russell...I went to the bathroom and when I stood up I thought I was misscarying, then I realized it was coming from the wrong area for that......Seriously..there was so much blood it wasn't even funny. I think it was more blood then I ever even donated. After a couple days it stopped....It got lighter and lighter each time. I wouldn't go on an emergency basis unless it gets worse or there is still alot of blood...In my case the first time was the worst. I would however make an appointment to be seen later.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif hug.gif That sounds miserable, I had really bad ones during pg but thankfully they went away (for the most part LOL) .... I would at least call your midwife and see what she recommends, just to put your mind at ease.
PMEmail Poster

MyLuvBugs
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Oct 1 2006, 05:14 PM)
I would wait a couple days.....I had those internal hemroids...or Fissions as you called them when I was about 8 months pregnant with Russell...I went to the bathroom and when I stood up I thought I was misscarying, then I realized it was coming from the wrong area for that......Seriously..there was so much blood it wasn't even funny. I think it was more blood then I ever even donated. After a couple days it stopped....It got lighter and lighter each time. I wouldn't go on an emergency basis unless it gets worse or there is still alot of blood...In my case the first time was the worst. I would however make an appointment to be seen later.

Well, they've been bleeding like this for almost a week now... sleep.gif I've just not said anything b/c it's a little embarassing, ya know. blush.gif I've had them bleed before, but not like this. It litterally is like a heavy period only coming from the wrong area. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Erika, if it's bleeding that much, I would go get it checked out by maybe just a GP. Or your midwife. But bleeding excessively is probably not a good thing. Women get colon cancer too (not to scare you, but it scares me and any bleeding there isn't a good idea). I had them pretty bad too, but like Brianne, it went away after a couple days. The bleeding just got lighter and cleared up on it's own. 6 years is a long time, hon. Go get it checked. hug.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Personally, I'd call a doc. I think a week is long enough that it might need to be looked at.
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

QUOTE (amomsjob @ Oct 1 2006, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Oct 1 2006, 05:14 PM)

Well, they've been bleeding like this for almost a week now... sleep.gif I've just not said anything b/c it's a little embarassing, ya know. blush.gif I've had them bleed before, but not like this. It litterally is like a heavy period only coming from the wrong area. rolleyes.gif

In that case...I would contact a doctor..I didn't realize its been constant bleeding.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 05:04 PM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

Call your doc or a general doc as mentioned.
Be sure to let us know that you are okay after you talk to a doc.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

QUOTE (mysweetpeaWil @ Oct 1 2006, 05:30 PM)
Women get colon cancer too (not to scare you, but it scares me and any bleeding there isn't a good idea).

Yeah thats one of the things I'm scared of. sad.gif Dad had a colonoscopy a couple years ago (b/c he's over 65) and they removed some pulps (sp?). Mom said he has to go back in for another colonoscopy this month just to make sure there aren't anymore. Apparently he has to do this every year or two.

The "C" word is very scary though.....I guess I'll call the dr tomorrow. Hopefully Medicaid will be helpful and cover it all. unsure.gif I'll keep you all posted.

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
mom2my2cuties
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 05:59 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,490

Well worst case senario - since Medicad doesn't usually cover stuff like this without a lot of headache for the insured - I would head to the ER - that way they are forced to cover it.

Sorry you are having this problem hug.gif I had this not long after delivering Mikee - I had pushed so hard and then bowel movements were a pain in the well butt for lack of a better phrase. I ended up having to have a small tear cauterized in the emergency room.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Yes, definitely go see a professional about this. Pollups (sp?) are genetic from my understanding. I know this because my FIL has had them removed SEVERAL rolleyes.gif times so we know Dh will have to more than likely deal with this too.

6 years is way too long to deal with something like this and should be taken care of immediately. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Oct 1 2006, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Just wanted to add, that if you decide not to get it checked out right away and there is a fissure, make sure you clean with soap and water after every time you use the bathroom. If there's a fissure you don't want bacteria to enter and get an infection. hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Oct 2 2006, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Well, I just made an appointment for tomorrow morning at 9:45 am......didn't think I'd get in so quick....have to admit...I'm a little scared sleep.gif sad.gif I'll keep you all posted.

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Oct 2 2006, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

hug.gif 6 years is way to long to let it go. Glad you made the appointment.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0106 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]